Old 03-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default 300 & ready to try again # 664

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #2  
Hang In There

No time to post, I started a new thread and screwed up and didn't put the number on it, so I tired again.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 06:39 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Cool Bon Voyage!

Hey Gang -
Well, I am going to be taking another leave from the board! This time for a happy reason! DH and I have decided to run away! The past year --- especially the past month --- has taken a toll on us and we need some time alone. We are booking a very last minute cruise vacation. We leave on Saturday evening, fly to Orlando. Then on Sunday we leave from Port Canaveral on a Royal Caribbean ship to the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Marteen. We'll return home on 3/14.

Now I have to work non-stop until we get on the plane to get organized at work and pack. Somewhere in there I'm going to squeeze in a little shopping trip for a few new things. Can't go on a cruise w/o something new.

We think this is the best way to re-connect, relax, and take care of each other for a week!

I'll try to stop back before we leave, but it's going to be a little crazy!

Love to all!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #4  
I want my two dollars!!!

Have great fun Barb!!!! And happy birthday to Julee, even tho I don't know you. hehe. From another Julie.

Well gals, I'm nervous about tomorrow's weigh in. I just hope that I didn't lose all that weight (water or not) last week just to gain it back this week. So my fingers are crossed!!! Some of the women in our group can be frustrating and I know all I'll here is "I knew it was just water." Bleah.

Scooter, CONGRATS on both the great weight loss and being elected leader!!! I think you'll really be a great leader from the sounds of it and I know you'll be great inspiration for everyone else. We elect new officers tomorrow and it should be interesting. We've had some real problems in our group the past year, so a change will be just what's needed.

Well today was a good day. I not only felt better (the cold's gettin better), but I actually exercise more than normal and still felt good. So I cooked my parents a full 3-course meal and served them. heh. It was fun. And I didn't even sneak anything (which is unusual.. especially when making crescent rolls!). I hope tomorrow is just as good!! Hope you all had a great day too ladies.
Loki's Concubine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

BarbPA: You and DH need this time to yourselves. Enjoy, and come back and tell us all (well, maybe not all) about the cruise.

Loki's: Think positive about your loss. for you.

Well it hasn't stopped snowing.(we're up to 120"+ for the season. We got another foot overnight. The dogs have to go in the runs when they're out. No romping thru 2 acres of snow. The 4' fences in the yard are almost gone. The runs are 6' high and under a carport so it's safe and dry there. (Unless the carport roof collapses. We shoveled it off last week so it should be okay.) Our plow guy retired and his replacement is never here so we're searching for a new plower and parking at the bottom of the hill and walking up cause the curve is too slippery until it get plowed correctly. It's a lot of fun (not!) to trudge up a 200 yard, unplowed hill, to get from the car to the house.

Food has been really good. Water - pretty good, and I'm getting this forced exercise. Hoping for a good W/I on Saturday.

Off to call plow people .....
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:45 PM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

WHEW! You ladies are hard to keep up with LOL! Definately keeps me on my toes. Today was a good day for me... did I mention I weighed in and I gained a pound?? A little depressing, but I'm okie with it. I'm honestly suprised I didn't gain more back, since the majority that was lost was because I was sick and didn't eat much. But I'm okie with it. I still got what?... 2 weeks to loose it and 2 more *grins* I think I'll just try to keep to the one pound and go from there... all in due time. Altho I need to get my act together... it's getting harder tho, because I am getting to the point of where I'm going to be graduating HOPEFULLY this winter term... which means I've gotta work on my CSET CBEST and look into a credential program as well as re apply for this and that... whew... plus it's almost finals and I need to get my notes all together to prepare for studying... Does it ever seem like there's never enough time to do anything fun anymore?

Gotta love stress!

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well. Yesterday and today were just GLORIOUS!!! I grabbed my digital camera as I went out to work and snapped shots of the snow. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! If I can figure out how, I'll post some pics on the picture thread so you can all see why I live in Michigan.

I'm getting my water in better and doing better on the fruits/veggie front. That's always a plus in my weightloss efforts. I seem to be getting back on the wagon, at least I'm running along side at this point rather than laying in the dirt.

I've got a Dr. appointment in the morning and I'm sure she is not going to be happy with me. I've not lost anything since I saw her last. I've gained and lost, but haven't lost from what I weighed back before Christmas. I think I'm going to take advantage of her offer for a referral to a Dietician. I know that some here have seen one and it seems to be worth the effort. I'll see what she says.

SueMarie: It sounds like you've got alotta planning going on in the near future. You're going to be ONE BUSY CHICK, as if you weren't already!

Judy: Your place sounds wonderful: 2 acres, curve, hill...oh yeah! Sorry about the plow guy. My friend's husband plows, should I send him your way???

Loki: I've got my fingers crossed that your WI (not Wisconsin) goes well.

BarbPA: Geez, we just got you back and now you're going again. Just kidding. If anyone deserves a get-away, it's you and Jeff. Enjoy your week away. Pamper yourselves and come back all refreshed. [[[hugs]]]

Barbg: Thanks for the Spring Fling II plug! Looking forward to it. *The graphics, as always, are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hilta: Sounds like we're pretty much getting the same type of weather. *I love my Chiropractor too. He's the only one that keeps me standing.

Julee: I'm so sorry to hear your step-sister lost her baby. [[[hugs]]] That's a tough one. *Hope your WI (again, not Wisconsin) is a wonderful top to your birthday!!!!

Jill: Sorry to hear about your headache last night. * Counting points isn't sooo bad. I usually just figure them out once and then use a magic marker to mark the points value on the box, bag or bottle. That way I'm only figuring it out once. *On the subject of eating before bed, everyone seems to say stop 3 hours before but as long as you're eating within your points or calories for the day, I'm not convinced it makes a difference.

Lilion: I love your new avatar. Very pretty. Actually, wasn't it different yesterday???? Ok, maybe it's my eyes.

Catherine: "I'm going to keep my eyes on my feet, and not on how long the road ahead of me is." What a powerful statement that is. Thank you! *I'm so glad you joined us. You're such an inspiration. I hope that we will be the support you need to keep taking off those pounds.

Terri: OMG! Did I hear right??? Another BIL taken to the hospital? Geez. This is not your year, starting off wrong from the get-go. [[[hugs]]]. I'm glad that your stepson is interested in reconnecting with his dad.

Iwillbe: My arms are too short too. And I really thought that everything is getting printed smaller until I saw some of the posts on the last thread. I could actually read some of them! *I've only had a couple of B!^@HY customers on eBay and several who haven't paid. It's disappointing, but I suppose you have some of that whether you own a store or run a business or whatever. There's always a flake or two out there.

Joyce: Hope the ultra sound goes well and there is nothing to worry about. *Daisy sounds like quite the pup. Guess she has already attached herself to you and DH.

2cute: Hope you and your sister were able to have a nice visit before she left out again....or is that reserved for when she comes back this weekend. Hope she'll have good news to report. She's really been through alot.

mnemosyne: Welcome to our little corner! I'm glad you've stopped lurking and I hope that you'll decide that just showing up occasionally to post is not enough. Thanks for the info on the website. I hadn't heard of that one before and will definitely check it out.

Leanne: That sounds like a great plan getting the kids involved in your declutter scheme. Do you think it would work with 24 and 26 year olds?

~Kerri~: Glad to see you back! I've missed you! *I can't imagine what it would be like to have Honey leave for a year....although there are some days I wouldn't mind finding out. It sounds like you've got your work spelled out for you while he's gone. No vacation for you! *Congrats on the 2 pounds!

Scooter: WOW! 4.5 pounds! You go girl! No wonder you're dancing! *Have you thought about renting a small house? A lovely young lady that I know has been able to rent a cute little 2 bedroom house with a yard and a garage for just a little more than the price of an apartment. That way you could take your dogs with you.

Huggy: Glad you're seeing a Chiropractor for your back troubles. No fun. Been there. Done that. I like to use ice instead of heat. Seems to act as an anti-inflamatory as well as pain reliever.

Angela: I'm sorry you had the depressing moment. But the realization that you were eating more and losing might be just the information you need to tweek what you're doing now and move on. [[[hugs]]]

Ruby: "what really bothers me is that I know I am not staying OP, not managing my sugar addiction, not exercising consistently, having a cavalier attitude in general. This I must stop." WOW, you must be in MY head somehow. Let's say we're both going to get on the stick and get going?????

Synn: Congrats on the 2.5 pounds down! Good for you!

I think I'm all caught up one more time and just in time for West Wing. I'll see you all later. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:58 PM   #8  

Well, gang, I'm SOOOOOO glad you're here. I was really OFF plan today. But knowing I needed to check in with you all made me stop and think about what I'm doing. I want to reclaim this week and March, and I will!

Busy day today.... among other things I was helping out some friends who are moving their business to a new location. Scraping lettering off a window is MUCH harder work than you would think.

Just a few quick replies.

Thin: Thanks for the hug! Right back at ya!

Scooter: CONGRATS!

BarbG: Enjoy!
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:05 PM   #9  
Inchworm

WEll, not great news, but not horrible either. I will think positive!
I ended up only haveing a mammogram and a magnified one as well, theyshowed enough that they didn't need the ultrasound. Nothing horrible yet, just some 'red flag' areas to watch, so I get to do it all again in 6 months instead of the year.

Yes thin, Daisy acts like she has always been part of the family. she is quite the character.

Got some news that i didn't really want, this evening. My daughter called, her ex was going to keep their 16 yr ol d
daughter while dd goes to some training required for her new pilot job. Now he refuses to help out. so we will have a teenager and her dog for a month! he has been a horse's patootie since day one , but his really takes the cake!
WE'll go up next weekend and help bring them down here.
<<<sigh>>> never a dull minute!

BARBPA, I am so happpy that you are getting to go on the cruise!! It should be really good for you, have a great time!!

Happy birthday Julee!!!!

Last edited by gmalil; 03-02-2005 at 10:12 PM.
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:10 PM   #10  

Gee, the board got slow for a while this afternoon but picked right up!

BarbPA: good for you! Bon Voyage!

Loki's: Good luck on the WI. I'll be running to the Dr. to weigh at noon, myself. So I guess I'll have something to report tomorrow.

Judy: My Goodness! How high is the snow there? We've only had one significant snowfall all year in Missouri and it wasn't much. (I think I like Missouri!)

Thin: I changed my avatar twice today...and it was a celtic knot yesterday. I keep looking for something thats more "ME"! Took me a good hour when I should have been working! LOL

I was good today, if I'm counting my points right. I hope I'm not forgetting anything. But either way I guess I'll find out tomorrow if it's paying off. I've been drinking like I'm supposed to and actually walked for 20 minutes today. The dog is going to love me if I keep this up. Maybe she'll lose weight too!

Went shopping tonight...again! Healthy food is so expensive! I swear we've bought more groceries in the last two weeks than we usually buy in a month. I thew another $90 at the store tonight! We have to eat what we've got before we buy any more...even if it is fattening...we'll just have to eat tiny bits. You'd think low fat would be cheaper. After all, there's LESS, right?

Well ladies, I was just popping in for a quickie to see if there was anything earth-shattering going on...so now I'll spend some quality the-child-has-gone-to-bed time with DH!

Lilion
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:53 AM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Howdy Friends. I am just stopping in long enough to wish JuleeC a happy birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULEE !!!!

I am going to be gone for a few days. I am already two threads behind I think... and by the time I get back I won't be able to catch up.

Angela and Hilta... please get together and set up a plan for the March Challenge.
I don't know if I can get to it before next week. Sorry.
Thanks for your help. If you don't want to ... that is okay too. I just can't today.

Keep up the good work ladies. I will miss you until I get back.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:02 AM   #12  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Well, first and foremost than you all for the many wonderful birthday wishes. They truly brightened up my day. The day had its ups and downs.

Ups: Birthday wishes and many emails and IMs, GORGEOUS flowers from BF, amazing birthday present from my office manager (details to follow), .3 lb loss.

Downs: .3 lb weight loss, parents blowing off my birthday, my psycho step-sister, the rain is back.

After 3 straight weeks of really terrific losses, only losing .3 was a downer. YES I KNOW that means no gain, but nonetheless...I know I did it to myself. My food wasn't so bad, but the drinking Sunday night and then deciding to not track anything after that were both mistakes...mistakes I won't be making again this week. I could have sworn my leader was speaking directly to me tonight at WW. BF was very supportive through the whole thing, but it was hard to put on a happy face.

OK..so about this amazing gift. My dear wonderful office manager, friend, and fellow weight-loss buddy got me what is called a "Tali Bracelet" (talijewelry.com). The bracelet is made from freshwater pearls and either silver or pewter charms and beads. The beads are spaced at specific intervals between the pearls and the charms can be moved. Why are the intervals specific and why can the charms be moved? It can be used to track water, exercise, points, etc. This bracelet is so pretty too and I am really excited. Furthermore..it fits on my fat wrist..so that's a plus right there. Check out the website and see what they look like.

Anyways...tomorrow morning we begin again. Friday night I'll try another cooking experiment and hope I don't burn dinner AGAIN. My leader gave us a good recipe for brown rice using marinara sauce, spicy rotel tomatoes, onions, garlic and herbs. Maybe I will try that, sautee some chicken in it as well and serve it over the rice with a salad.

Happy leading, happy cruising, happy snow days, happy losing, happy almost weekend, and happy everything else.

So this is what 32 feels like...hmmm...
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:06 AM   #13  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

This is going to be a trying day for me. In my bio I mention that I live with a platonic domestic partner. 15 years ago, when I was having a brief period of being thin and active and healthy, I took in a stray. When I was younger, I only took in dogs. I had a friend at church who was a rehab counselor. She had a patient who had been injured by a 500 gallon thing of ink at work. She had to have neck surgery, and while she was in the hospital, her husband moved in with her best friend. She needed a place to stay. I had the room. Later, I learned that she had two small boys. Long story short, I ended up taking care of all of them.

About a year later, I was injured, became inactive, the weight began to come back on, and I lost my job. We are both now on disability, and our combined incomes allows us to survive.

When the boys lived with us, I felt like I was doing something important because she was not capable of raising them by herself. They both turned out quite normal and healthy, but now I am having to decide what I am going to do with the rest of my life. By herself, she is extremely difficult to live with. I know that some of my extraordinary weight gain was a result of feeling trapped. One of my main goals in getting healthy this time is so that I can get a job to have the finances to move out. Some days are worse than others, and this is one of those days.

In the past, I would be stuck inside with her. Now that I can go places by myself, I plan on getting out by myself today to run errands. Hopefully by the time I get home, she will have had some sleep, and be a bit saner.

The situation makes me want to speed up my weight loss, and I know that is a receipe for failure. I'm not the kind of person who has liked talking about my problems. I decided that maybe that was something I needed to change if I want to get healthy. I'm almost light-headed at getting that off my chest. I'm so thankful to have a safe place where I can be completely truthful.

Catherine
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #14  
Hang In There

Catherine, my heart goes out to you. My DH was almost 600 pounds when he had his WLS. It wasn't something he wanted to do, his doctor told him he did not have a choice. But as you said long story short, he is now an active, healthy and feels much much better. He is even playing golf again and he thought he would never be able to do that. Like you he wasn't able to do any of the things "normal" people do, he had an electric scooter that he used, but it couldn't go in the house. So although I only weigh half that I know first hand how hard it is not to be able to get out and do thing. Keep up the good work, and keep coming here and getting your fustrations out. It does help.

As for myself, today I have my appointment with my new doctor. For all you newbie, I found out last October that the doctor that I had been using for over 10 years was no longer going to accept my insurance, so I debated long and hard on what do to. I finally decided to change doctors and made an appointment with a new one. Today will be my first visit with her. Sorta a getting to know each other type visit. I don't have anything specific I need to see a doctor about, and it's not really time for my physical, but I need to start a relationship in case I need one, and also I have to have someone onboard to write my prescriptions for my meds. Wish me luck and hope I like her.

Work is still a rollercoaster. I thought when we made it through Feb, it would straighten out, but no such luck. Today will be a challange, and I have to leave in the middle of the day for the doctors appointment, so I'm using that as my "EXCUSE" for not going to water aerobics this morning.

Well, if I'm going to get to work anyway, I need to get off the computer. Have a great day everyone.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #15  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hippievanlady--sure sounds like a rough situation. I have had difficult roommates in the past, but only for a year or two at a time. I can't even imagine what my life would be like if I still lived with my bipolar/manic-depressive/compulsive liar roommate (who had anxiety attacks and decided to stop taking her medication). It sounds like you've got plans to better your life, though, so I'm sure things will work out in the end. I know it's difficult to wait for that worked-out end to come, but you're on the right path, so try to hang in there. We're here for you whenever you feel the need to purge your emotions onto a computer keyboard

I woke up late this morning (which was bad), but my monster headache was knocked down to a dull ache with only occasional strong pangs (which is good). Two days of sharp headache pain was taking a toll on my eating and sleeping habits, so hopefully I can get back on a normal schedule again now. At least I think I may have an idea as to what caused it now--not to get too personal, but I have been on the Pill since the week I turned 16, and this was my first month on a different pill, and today my TOM popped in (3 days later than usual, which was also causing me a lot of stress and anxiety), so I think it may be related. If I experience anything similar next month, I'll be at my gyn's office first thing!

Hope everyone's day has started off on the right foot. I am going to go to a TOPS meeting tonight. If it seems like a nice group, I will probably join. That is, of course, unless I pick up a part-time job after work, in which case I may not be able to go to the weigh-ins and meetings. I'd hate to have to give up all of my "me" activities (TOPS, bible study, community choir, musical auditions) for a second job, but I can no longer justify racking up my credit card balance for simple things like groceries and a birthday present for my soon-to-be step-neice who's turning 5 this weekend. Oh well. Maybe I can take the time to "be a kid" and have fun when I'm older
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote