3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again....#662 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/54148-300-ready-try-again-662-a.html)

2cute2Bfat 03-01-2005 02:28 AM

Good evening ladies. It has taken me FOREVER to read.
We are a bunch of gabby chicks. :gossip:

Just wanted to add ... Ruby ... Don't you dare quit posting.
We all have our struggles. There is a saying I like that describes us.

"Don't walk in front of me ... I may not follow
Don't walk behind me... I may not lead
Walk beside me and be my friend."

Some days we do good.. some days we do bad.
But everyday we are here for each other as a group.

Huggy ... LOVE your new interpetation of HugEmom5. :high:

Catherine... WELCOME !!!! I hope you found us here !!! I hope you found your Private Message. It can be confusing when you first join.
You have done GREAT !!! We would love to offer you support as well get some from you too. It sounds like you have a lot to offer.

Thin... CONGRATS on keeping up your new routine. I need to learn from you.

Lilion ... Congrats on passing on you FORMER favorites.
That is quite an accomplishment

Julie... TWINS. ;) I think there is a whole litter of us in here. :lol:
Ooppsss... I guess as "chicks" we would be a "flock". LOL

Terri ... I think my total is 12 lbs for Jan-Feb.
I probably goofed somewhere along the way. :o
Sadly I did not lose that extra pound... but I WILL !!!

What is good about Ameican Idol is... everyone can/must vote for their own favorites. Opinions differ all over the country. I liked several including the blonde but Bo lost my vote tonight. LOL But I do think he will stay in. There were a couple I did not like more.

Hilta... your map was AWESOME !!!
If the rest of you haven't seen it.... It is posted on the Cross Country Challenge Thread. This weekend will be the last chance to claim your victories.

I am adding myself to the new 2x2

Barbg
BarbPA
Judy
Jennifer(Scooter)
Scherry(Hilta)
Iwillbe
Angela
Jill (jillybean720)
Lilion
Hug E momof5
Thinthinker
JuleeCeeS
Leanne
SueMarie
Ruby
2cute

TUESDAY TIP ....

You don't need those expenses equipment to exercise.
We all know about walking. But don't forget those OLD FASHION tools.

Broom handle on your shoulder and do twists and turns and side bends.
Then bend over at the waist and twist.
Milk jugs full of water/sand as weights. 1/2 gallon to a full gallon
Push ups off of the wall
Laying on your bed on your back with you head slightly hanging. Then take a book and lift from stomach position .. over your head and stretch towards floor .. then back to stomach position.
Don't forget you kids. If they are little put in a stroller and take them for a walk or lift them up into the air. Ride bikes with them. Sit on the floor and wrestle.

jillybean720 03-01-2005 06:35 AM

Good morning, sunshines!!

I hope the sun does shine here today...brushed another 4-5 inches of snow off my car this morning before heading to work! Now, don't get me wrong, I love the snow, but I wish if it were going to snow, it would make it more worthwhile--a foot or 2 at a time. Yesterday, all the schools in the MD/DC/NOVA area closed, and it wasn't even snowing yet!! I'm from northern Connecticut originally, so this "freak out over 3 inches" thing is getting old really fast :p

My cold is finally starting to go away, so no more "sick comfort food" excuses! The one good thing about being sick is that I drank even more water than usual. I keep a bottle on my desk at work and refill it as often as possible. I also never carry and cash/change on me so I don't get tempted to go to the soda machine or go grab something from the cafeteria. That way, I always get at least 8-10 servings of water just while I'm at work. At home is another story...diet Pepsi, reduced-calorie orange juice, and sugar-free kool-aid are in my fridge, so I don't drink much water in the house. Something I need to work on...

Well, on to Tuesday! Time to maybe actually get some work done here. Apparently, one of our clients is coming at us with a vengence tomorrow (throwing a bunch of unnecessary, boring work my way), so I have to try to get things tied up on other projects before that you-know-what hits the fan. Hope everyone has a great day! :D

Terri in MO 03-01-2005 07:51 AM

Good morning,

I should be doing the vacuuming. :o

Ruby - Don't worry about keeping up with us; just keep us posted with how you're doing. If you miss threads, its okay. Just pick up where you can.

Huggy - I'll add my thanks for the new spin on your name. I was NOT going to call you Huge!! I like Huggy better.

HippyVan - Welcome to the group!

SueMarie - I'll throw my two cents in on the exercise equipment too. I'd love to have the bowflex. And a ellipitical (I can't spell this morning) machine as well. But they take large amounts of room. I do have two types of stationary bikes and have no regrets about them. One thing I did finally learn is to invest in quality. I've bought cheap in the past and was not satisfied. Not satisfied = Not used. Remember, you get what you pay for. I do strength training on my own. I invested in a curl bar to which I can add weight a little at a time, weighted medicine ball, handweights, stability ball, resistance bands, and a good conditioning book. I put my money into cardio type machines, i.e. the stationary bikes. I had a treadmill but sold it because I now have the dog who needs walking. Good luck on your decision!

2Cute - Got you updated to the 12. Good job! Sounds like exercise you can do too! :D

Thin - Good job on your change in sleeping habits. Looks like your med habit is the next to improve! Get those meds taken! :drill:

Okay, I've got to get out of here. :wave: to everyone else!

Have a good OP day. Tip of the day: Don't look for miracle cures. Just be honest with yourself about how the weight got there (wasn't a miracle that got it there was it?). Just be honest with yourself about how it can come back off. Planning. Control. Commitment. Determination. Fall down; get back up. Can not should, will. CAN.

Iwillbe 03-01-2005 08:49 AM

Good morning ladies, If I hurry I just might catch up before someone else posts! :lol: My goodness, how did we get all the way to #662 while I wasn't looking? :D

Thin, I used to do Ebay, and really enjoyed it until they messed with the postage rate. It was too much of a hassle then! :dizzy: People got real nasty about the postage at times. I did a lot of china and glass items, so they could weigh a lot at times. Yeah, I am also guilty of buying exercise equipment and never using it. I ,too, have a lot of foot and knee pain, so most equipment won't do for me.

2cute, on the same subject, thank you for reminding me of the old fashioned exercise! It works if you DO IT. :)

Lillion, Good for you avoiding the pizza and cheesecake! :T I don't know if I would have been as strong. (LOVE PIZZA).

Sue Marie, What is DDR? Did I miss something in one of the post? OK, I am a dummy, so tell me! :^:

JuleeCee, I have tried most of the morningstar burgers, but I have never seen the tomato basil. I am going to be searching for them. I really like the burgers. I also like Boca burgers, guess I am weird! :p

Loki, I really liked your treasure hunt idea. I think I can use that idea. :thanks:

Catherine, welcome. I like your attitude about doing whatever it takes to get the job done. With that attitude you will succeed. I will be looking forward to getting to know you better.

Ruby slippers, Don't quit posting! None of us can keep up very well, just do the best you can, like I do! Now if I miss someone I will feel really awful about it, because I know that it can hurt feelings, so I am trying to get everyone mentioned at least once a week. LOL! :lol: If I do happen to miss someone, it is not intentional. :rollpin:

Terri, You are so right about how we got the weight on, and I know from time to time I really screw up with food. I love food! I go along with 2cute about not having to be hungry to eat! THERE, that is most certainly my problem. Speaking of can't spell---I never could :lol: Lord, don't throw a big word at me and expect me to spell it right. OH, if we have lost (we?) 152 lbs already this year, don't you think we will make 300 by half way? I am going to work at my share of that so help me! :yes:

Jillybean, Jill, I hope your work load don't overwhelm you.

Hippy Goddess, Angela, Good morning and I hope things are going well with you. I know there was someone else that I was going to say something to, and now I can't recall. :dunno: :crazy:

I probably should proof read this for mistakes, but I am not going to :lol: Take all mistakes as :love: Even I don't want to read all of this again :lol:

So far so good today, but then I have only had b'fast. I haven't started on my water yet, so I need to get off of here and go and dive into a glass of that. Have a beautiful day. Iwillbe :wave:

CatherineM 03-01-2005 09:34 AM

I hope I got this in the right place this time. Thanks for all of the welcomes. I don't have a lot of friends right now. I was pretty isolated for a long time, except for boy scouts and baseball, and now that I'm no longer doing those, it seems like I no longer have anything in common with the other parents, and never get a chance to seem them anyway. I'm at a point where I am trying to start just about everything in my life over again. I guess I'm trying to make sure I do it right this time.

Everytime I think about the years I have wasted, I have to remind myself that I can't go back. I do have a choice though about what I want to be two years from now. I can be 45 and healthy and active, or I can be 45 and living just to exist. If I seem more serious at times, you'll have to forgive me. Someone who weighs 300 can still have a somewhat normal life. You can have a job and family and do most normal things if slower or less often. Someone who weighs 600 rarely has a normal life. It's a waking death, a suspended annimation that I was trapped in for 10 years. I've lost enough now that my body's endoctrine system is working again, and it is as if I'm going through a second puberty. Like the first one wasn't bad enough.

So I am going to start this day by checking in with my new support group, and then going for a walk in the sunshine. For someone who was near death for 10 years, each sunrise is a blessing.

Catherine

ageoldie 03-01-2005 09:35 AM

FOCUS ON THE APPLE!!! NOT THE DONUTS!!!
Well, yesterday was a day from :censored: !!! We had a lot of commitments that had to be met by the end of the day, and to top it all off the guy who answers our phones and talks to all the customers was out sick, and ole Alvin had to spend most of the day at the fiberglass plant because of problems there, so that meant I had to 'man' the phones part of the day, and I don't do that well. (for those of you who do not know what I'm talking about: we own a business that manufactures and sells parts for Mustangs, and because of the downturn in the eccomony and other reasons we had to let go about half of our staff the first of the year, so that mean me, my DH ole Alvin and som Mark have had to start back doing things we haven't had to do in years. i can handle most of it, but when people on the phones ask technical/mechanical questionhs, I'm totally lost!!!)

Today I'm an alternate for jury duty(have to call and see if I'm needed) so I'm hoping they need me. Maybe I can get on a case that takes me all month! Of course I'm not serious, but...

Still managed to eat OP all day. Ruby and all the others, as I've said many time, I can't keep up with personal replies, so I just mention the things that stick in my mind. Which is: Thin, I read an artilcle last night about how important getting enought sleep is to being able to lose weight (2Cute maybe you need to read it too. It was the diet of the week in one of the magazine at the grocery store checkout counter. Woman's World I think

Hope everyone (including me) have a great day.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039.../barbara06.gif

2cute2Bfat 03-01-2005 10:14 AM

Catherine ... I am so happy you found us again here.
You are right... even God can't change the past... but we can all change our futures.

Barbg.. good morning friend. I do read that article. Not to learn that sleep is GOOD for losing weight...but to be reminded daily. Did Thin post it in here too??

Gotta go ladies... Dentisit appointment is calling me. :(

hilta 03-01-2005 11:01 AM

:dizzy: Good Morning to one and all. The weather here in OH is still crazy!
I think this is the most snow we've had forever, and its still snowing.

Catherine I'm glad you found us. I know we can supply the support
you need at this time in your life. YOU sound like your doing a
great job of keeping yourself motivated. I don't remember you
mentioning going to a support group. WW or TOPS in your area
could also supply a huge support system to help you towards your
goal.

Thin--I watch Days of our Lives and Passions. They are so utterly
stupid these days with their plots I can't miss one.I have to see what
other crazy things they will come up with. I've watched Days probably
since it started 45 years ago.

Barbg--I still see your going strong with the Graphics. I think you
created a monster here in me. I love them.;)

Iwillbe--I'm with you these posts really move fast now-a-days. I just
love it don't you? So many newbies to put in their ideas and talk
out their weight loss issues. This site helps out so many people.
We have some good support ladies here!:smug:

2cute- Thanks for the compliment on the map! I had a really good
time earning the cars and planes. I enjoyed all except the:tread:
everday. But I guess you have to take the good with the bad. I still
would rather walk outside. Spring is coming--Spring is coming.

Lilion--I still eat pizza! Instead of eating a whole one I limit myself to
1or 2 pieces and eat a huge salad with it and some extra low-cal
vegies. I think if you cut out the food you really enjoy then you
start having all these cravings that can drive you completely MAD!:dizzy:
I know had hard it is to stop at just one,:rollpin: but we can do this to be
able to live the rest of our lives thinner.:coach:

Ruby--don't stop posting we need you input from the west coast.

Jillybean---I like the snow too. That is as long as I'm inside looking
out. I feel sorry for all who has to go out and about in the bad
weather. I've always been chicken driving in the snow, and I
worked retail for 14 years.

terri--thanks for your tips. They almost sound like my old weight-loss
group. WEIGHT-LIMITED They had the 4 D'S. DESIRE-DETERMINATION-
DEDICATION-DISCIPLINE

Loki-I too liked your scavanger hunt idea. TOPS is a great support
group too isn't it?

Well I know I missed a lot of people angela-leanne-suemarie-huggy-
barbpa-juleeCeeS-Judy-CD everyone I missed keep posting I love
reading them.

JuleeCeeS 03-01-2005 11:23 AM

Just a quickie before work...

Sleep is good...hangover is gone..amen hallelujah.

Unfortunately my Step-sister miscarried last night. They had moved the wedding up from November to April to accomodate. We're all very very sad for her. The wedding is still in April and hopefully she will make it through. I know my step-mom must be devastated...she was looking forward to being a Grandma.

Today will be verrrrrry loooooong....errands, staff meeting, more errands, work, cast pictures, tech rehearsal. Somewhere in the middle there I have to go out and get dinner for the cast (pizza...ugh).

So just to recap...it's 8:22 am now and I'll be home tonight around 10 pm.

Happy March!!! It's my last day of being 30-onederful before I turn 30-two-much-to-handle!

Lilion 03-01-2005 11:24 AM

TOP O' THE MORNIN' LADIES
Well, another day another pound! Right? Hope so at least. :lucky: (I'm feeling my Irish today!)

I had a event yesterday that reminded me WHY you don't weigh all the time! I kept thinking about how much I lost that first week and thought, "Well, if I lost 8 lbs week one, and it's been 3 days since I weighed, I MUST have lost more now!" So, at 4:30 I ran to the Dr. and weighed....and weighed 1/2 lb MORE than I did last Thurs. I felt awful! Then, later I thought about it. I've been weighing at noon and before lunch and yesterday I weighed at 4:30, after lunch and an entire liter of water and wearing my shoes, which I weighed at home and they weigh 1 1/2 lbs...so I probably haven't REALLY gained weight. Right? :crossed:

MUST STOP OBSESSING! It's wanting to lose it fast that always gets me depressed and makes me give up! I'm not going to do that this time!

I was pretty good yesterday. We had to go to a meeting at 6:30 so it was soup and sandwiches for dinner. DH said to make 2 sandwiches each with the soup, but I made one each and told him we'd see if we were still hungry after. We did end up splitting a third between us...but that's better than the two bowls of soup and two sandwiches we'd have usually had and I still stayed under points. I got the munchies about 8:00 though and had a 3 pt. yogurt with 2 pts of granola. I was still under my max for the day...but I hate to eat so late. Maybe next time I'll try to ignore it, but I hate going to bed actually hungry.

Didn't get to walk here because it's COLD ! I don't know where our 50 degree weather we had last week went but I miss it! I suppose it is too much to expect March 1, but still...it shouldn't get our hopes up like that!

I need to figure some other exercise out that I can do at home. I could walk or climb stairs or something at the office, but I just hate getting all hot and sweaty at the office. I need to be able to take a shower or it's just yuck.:p

Catherine: You are right...for the most part I'd say we all have "normal" lives with some inconvienences. But now you can too! You can get out and do things and live! And you should be justly proud of that. Good for you! :cp: I hope you find the support you need in this group and keep up the good work!

Hilta: I know I could eat a piece and fit it in... I'm just not ready to tempt myself. Didn't have time to prepare lunch in advance last night, so it's Lean Cuisine Pizza and a salad for lunch. Maybe that'll satisfy the pizza craving.

Hope you all have a great OP day!

Lilion

jillybean720 03-01-2005 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilion
I was still under my max for the day...but I hate to eat so late. Maybe next time I'll try to ignore it, but I hate going to bed actually hungry.

Lilion--careful about ignoring hunger (no matter what time it is). If it's a craving, then yeah, ignore it! But if you are actually feeling physically hungry, especially if it's at a time you don't normally eat anything, it's probably for a reason. AND if you don't feed your body when it tells you to, then it may think that food is in short supply and will cling on to the calories and fat in your body for dear life, making it harder to lose weight. While ignoring the hunger one time probably won't make a huge difference, it's not a good habit to get into. As long as you make good choices (like yogurt with granola instead of ice cream with hot fudge), then it shouldn't matter what time you eat. I have read in multiple books and articles that the concept of eating right before bedtime being bad is wrong! Just as you may binge one day and not see the effects of that binge on the scale for a few days (or even a week), anything you eat at night will be processed over time, not only in the hours while you sleep. The reason people usually try to avoid eating late in the evening is not because it won't burn off while you sleep or whatever, but rather because we have the tendancy to eat too much at that time. Just food for thought :)

therubyslippers!! 03-01-2005 12:16 PM

Hi Everybody - Thanks for the encouragement for me to keep posting. Turns out posting is the easy part - keeping up with pages and pages of other's posts is hard!

Angela - yes, I am "big talk, no action". I started my commitment to change on Jan 1st, and with loss/regain/maintain I have totaled exactly 4 pounds. Not a good total, but what really bothers me is that I know I am not staying OP, not managing my sugar addiction, not exercising consistently, having a cavalier attitude in general. This I must stop.

Catherine - I am in the same boat regarding wasted years. I think of all the times in my 30s I made plans to change, and then said, "Fiddle dee dee tomorrow is another day." Plus, even though most of us are not 600 pounds, the prison of fat is the same weight on our minds.

Julee - so sorry to hear about your SS. Hopefully there will be other pregnancies.

Lilion - I find that if I weigh more than once per week, or on a different scale, I drive myself INSANE. Plus I get discouraged and it gives me yet another excuse to go OP.

:) to everyone I missed.

Gotta get to work - Ruby

therubyslippers!! 03-01-2005 12:20 PM

Jilly - PAST - The SugarBusters book that I have says that you should not eat late at night because when we sleep is when the liver manufactures cholesterol. And now that I have typed that I can't remember if it said especially do not eat fats late at night or was it sugars?? Sorry - if anybody really wants to know I will go through my book and look it up. -Ruby

Angela_aka_Alice 03-01-2005 12:38 PM

Just a quickie. Work is busy busy these days. I had a kind of depressing but perhaps educational experience yesterday. I had a feeling--and I had said to a few people--that I'm back at the weight I was when I moved to Illinois to take my current job, 5 years ago (I had lost a lot of weight when I was on the job market). So I happened to find a diet diary I was keeping at that time, with a log of my weight and calorie intake. I was surprised to learn (1) that I was a lot lower than I recalled (I was down to 259) and (2) I was eating more calories than I am now (averaging around 2000/day, though I had plateaued and knew I had to reduce calories to start losing again). So I was depressed to realize that I still have weight to lose that I've regained on my way to tenure. But also wondering how I was losing weight eating so many calories. I know I was more active, so I'm thinking the next thing I need to do is to find a way to really motivate myself to exercise--and to make it work in my day.

Ruby--Sounds like you need to figure out why your motivation is flagging--or maybe reevaluate what you're doing. Of course, if you're not usually OP (but it usually sounds like you are), then you can't know whether the plan is working or not.

Catherine--Hope you had a great walk. It IS something to realize how much simple pleasures can enhance our lives. You're doing what you need to do. BRAVO!!!!

Angela_aka_Alice 03-01-2005 12:39 PM

STOP.... Don't post here.... Come join us on the next numbered thread, 300+ and Ready to Try Again #663