Old 01-26-2005, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#640

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC.

The South Beach Diet
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...3/3fatchionadie

(I'll insert some more links in here later that will go directly to some of the most popular books that we've been talking about) In the meantime, use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #2  

Thin - Its the February issue of Oprah. Its not a big article but helped me.

Elisha - You have a beautiful voice. I loved "My Immortal" and "Amazing Grace". I'll have to go back to listen to more. Beautiful pics too. Thanks for sharing.

J-Ann - Thanks for the comments. Its hard to think of letting her go but I needed the reminder to think of her first.

Grueling day today so I'm too braindead to do other replies.

'Night ladies!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:52 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Sue marie... "my evil twin " I like that one.
My evil twin is holding me hostage inside her fat body.
Her name is 2fat2Bcute.

Judy and Gizmo .... good to see you both back.

mary.. hope your headache is better tonight.

gottaget serious ... I have found low carb to be a blessing for me.
Do yourself a favor and DON'T CHEAT those first two weeks. It will make a huge difference. Then you can start adding in those extra carbs. LC is like SF nowadays. They have LOTS of lc options. Even good bread with only 4-5 carbs per slice. Make sure you EAT THOSE VEGGIES !!! Don't let them rot in your refrigerator. LOL (guilty here)

Teflonmot... WELCOME !!! they make LC tortillas now too. Again only 4 carbs each.

Terri ... sorry to hear you had such a grueling day. Pamper yourself.
I agree with J-ann... Ginger can contribute great JOY to MANY by your sacrifice.
And you can still go and see her as often as you want too.

CD ... where are you girl ????? I know you are busy... but we miss you here too. !!!

Some of you will probably be recieving your Feb Challenge in the mail today.
I goofed a few places. I forgot to add the plane stickers. duh !!
So you can just use a car sticker instead. SORRY.
I will be posting more info on a seperate thread just for the Challenge later this weekend.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-26-2005 at 11:56 PM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:23 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone!! I have absolutely nothing of interest to report, but I wanted to say hello and good luck to everyone!!! Have a great on plan day!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

OK, I know I've missed a lot. What's the February Challenge?
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:51 AM   #6  

Judy -

The challenge is something 2Cute started to help us focus on doing the right things each day. Journalling, Exercise, Drinking water, staying on our plan. Check out the January Snowflake Challenge. Track how you do each day on those four tasks and how many snowflakes you collect. Or drips! 2Cute has done a new challenge each month. Something to help us keep making progress.

I too have nothing of interest to say!

I am thankful for family. I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for my life as it is - grueling days and bumps in the road and all.

Have a good day. No floundering allowed!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:00 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

2Cute: Sign me up for the February Challenge. I need all the accountability I can find!

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for my friends. What I've lost through death of family members has been replaced by close and caring friends.

I'm thankful for my health. I may be fat but I'm pretty healthy.

I'm thankful for my job - no matter how much I complain about it.

I'm thankful I have 3FC to turn to when I need extra support and understanding.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:15 AM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Judy.... quote "I am thankful for my job - no matter how much I complain about it." LOL .... I feel the same way about my husband.

I can't belive you don't know about the Feb Challenge. I bugged the heck out of everyone here for the last 2 weeks to let me know who wanted to join in. I was afraid the chicks were going to tell me to "SHUT UP about the challenge !!"

Marcie... we love it when you post even if you have nothing to share.
It helps to let us know we are not talking to ourselves. LOL
We really mean it when we say... "Just let us know you are doing okay"

Well .. I don't have anything of interest to write about either.
So .... MAKE IT A GREAT DAY !!!! and don't forget to SMILE
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #9  

My tummy is rumbling....guess I ate my mid morning snack a little too early! I only 45 more minutes till I leave for lunch. Must get more water. hehehehe

I have been really busy the last month or so at work...running around in a million different directions. Now that I am actually sitting down and working on reports almost full time....I feel hungry more often. Maybe because I am bored. I may have to switch my meals around a bit so that I have more food to much on during the day at work. My office is too close to the breakroom/vending machine to have these cravings.
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #10  

I don't know what diet you are following, but I am on a low carb diet and I have found that the snacks with protein in them DO keep me satisfied longer. I've tried other diets and snacked on mostly carbs, and they do nothing for me, I am hungry again very quickly.

gotta get serious, I agree, don't cheat the first two weeks. The weight that will come off will be a great motivator. If you feel the need to EAT, go with veggies and protein. How deprived can you feel if you eat a steak and a huge salad?
Teflonmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Good Afternoon to one and all.
Thankful Thursday, Lets see I guess for nature, for this morning it was
glorious as I looked out my sliding glass door to see mother nature at
her finest. It looked as if some higher being was sprinkling "Diamond Dust"
as the sun was shining through some snow flurries. A while later I
saw a young deer under my maple tree in the backyard helping herself
to some birdseed. What beautiful creatures they are. I know people
have trouble with them but I love to watch them. This particular
one has a wounded leg. She limps but is still moving. I hope
she heals alright as it looks quite swollen.
Nothing much else going on. Did my treadmill thing this morning
watching Dr Phil.
My scale says I'm up today, probably from the sodium from the
homemade veg. soup yesterday. Hopefully it will be down for the
weighin tommorrow.
Well better get off here, have to finish up the final touches for
my TOPS contest tommorrow.
Check with all later, Hilta

Jazz, by the way I loved your American Idol experience. Thanks for
sharing.
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #12  

Is it Thankful Thursday? How perfect. I was just thinking last night and this morning how thankful I am to have a boyfriend who is so supportive of my weightloss.
Teflonmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:59 PM   #13  

Hello chickies, 2 cute!!! looks like you are the only one who has posted today that will remember me!! My old screen name was pjkdreamer!! It's been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time, but it looks as if you gals have been plugging away in my abscence. I am ready to try again....I made it just 2 lbs under that 300 mark, for total of 7o lb weight loss and then I reverted to my old habits of not eating right, mostly junk food, and I stopped walking, and I stopped taking my antidepressants, and guess what?? I hit that proverbial "bottom" again. I know that I cannot do this without the support of others, and gratefully I remember how much I received of it here, and how much unconditional love. SO.....I am back and this time I am staying! Check in with you all later. Can't wait to talk to you chickies again, and get reaquainted, and of course meet some new friends. I need you all and I am beyond grateful to have been given the courage to get on here and try again!
pjkagain! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:36 PM   #14  
Inchworm

Talking I Got It!

The Feb challenge, that is.
Thanks 2cute, you have outdone yourself!!! It always amazes me at what you come up with!
the timing on this one is greaet for me. I just came from Curves where i started their Weight Loss class today, it is a 6 week class that looks like it will be a great kick in the tush to get me started! I have been maintianing too long. (While that is better than gaining!) So I was delighted when the challenge came in the mail today.
I WILL NOT be at the Spring fling. We will be in Calif that week for my b-i-l's bday. he is going to be 83. He had polio as a child and has had to spend nights in an iron lung for the last several years so is unable to travel too far away from home, so his 3 brothers always gather at his home for the birthday. He was afraid that when we left Calif that we wouldn't keep up the tradition, but of course we would have it no other way.

An apology to Leanne...your Xmas card came back to me because I did not put enuf postage on it.
I'm so sorry, and I just didn't get it mailed again.

I've been AWOL so long, it will take lots of reading to catch up, seems like lots of new names around here!
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:45 PM   #15  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Default Hey Everyone

So what is the Feb challange? I'm new to this group so I just wondered what all of you are doing and how you stay motivated. I've been battling myself and weight since I put it on in High School. I have been trying to exercise since the new year started and I have been eating better. More little meals during the day...and I can tell a difference in my stomach getting fuller more quickly so that if I have gone to binge....I get really sick because my stomach can't hold it. I'm thankful for that little change. I've also been journaling what I've been eating and if I've binged what was going through my mind to cause the binging/overeating. This has been an interesting change for me...but still I get discouraged.

I look forward to hearing from you all and learning from those who are sticking to the healthier road! Well I'm at work now...but will post again later.

Jamie
Daise is offline   Reply With Quote