Old 01-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again ... #642

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #2  

Jana-
Congrats on the loss!!! What a great week you had!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

Talking hi all sorry for being MIA

hi all sorry i have been mia lately my power source went on my computer and then the next day or so the hard drive went not at all happy i ended up takeing 2 days to put everything back on and then to remember my password Ha i just cant i still dont think i have everything on that i had on to this thing before oh well i will add stuff as i go.
i recived my challenge stuff in the mail yesterday thanks for adding me even thought i have not been here (mine was missing the airplanes thought ) or am i miss reading something .
today dh said to me how about going to see a movie and when dh says that we go he dont like to do that often so when he offers we go went and saw Meet the Parents 2 . i loved it we laughed so hard at it ,,,,,,,, program wise it was not the best because we went to an early dinner after the movie i have only gone over my points by 5 for the day but i have been tring to be good LOL
when i weight in Thursday night i was down 1/2 pound . so i am hoping for a good weight on tuesday morning If i every get back to my own meeting ( this weather just is not being kind to my ww meeting ) every Tuesday we have had a 2 hour delay or school has been cancelled because of snow i have missed 3 weeks of morning meetings and weight in on Thursday night just is not doing it. well i hope i can catch up on the posts that i have missed hope you all are doing well.
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 06:24 PM   #4  

Smile

OneTallMama/ Jana ... CONGRATS on losing those 3.8 lbs !!!!
Eatting over emotions is very common. I am glad to see you are apparantly making better choices. You can still work toward not using food as a sedative... but you are definitely making progress in the right direction !!!

Thin... you silly girl !!! NO !!! You can't wait there for us.
Get your butt in gear and earn those little vehicles so you can come pick me up. You know I won't fly there.... so if you want ME at the Spring Fling... you have got to come and GET ME !! LOL Plus... you WANT the most cars silly.

Barbg ... I am sooo sorry too for not acknowleging your anniversary.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!
There have been sooo many posts lately it is hard to remember everybody.

Dimples ... WELCOME !!! Tell us all about yourself. Remember... we were ALL new at one point ... so don't let being new hold you back.

SueMarie... sounds like you had a FUN FRIDAY at that birthday party.
On the challenge... NO you do not literally go pick anyone up. I mailed everyone a United States Map ... I marked on the map where everyone lives (in general). Then you earn little car stickers by staying on your food program, drinking 64oz of water, exercising, and journaling.
Each day ...for each accomplishment ...you earn a car sticker. Then you use those stickers to drive across your map to pick others up.
I live in Okla... I would have to earn a lot of stickers to pretend drive to Calif.
You line up your stickers from Okla to Calif.
does that make any more sense.?? It is easier to understand if you have it in front of you.
If you are interested in playing.. I will need your snail mail address.

Jen... I am so happy your surgery went well. Are you walking bent over ?? I have always heard that when you get a tummy tuck, you walk bent over for weeks. How was the PAIN ??? We want pictures soon !!! I don't need larger boobs... but I would like mine to point east or west instead of SOUTH. LOL

MaryB... I forgot to mail planes to everyone.
When you earn your bonus to fly to Australia or Alaska, or Calif .. just use a car sticker. I am sure you will have enough. OR you can just draw a plane.

I was going to do more replys... but my daughter and her DH just got here. They are having a house built and she is going to show me their new floor plan and all....so I have got to run.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Hi to one and all.

2cute We walked to the mailbox earlier and the February Challenge
was there. I thought my contests for TOPS was nice, but WOW!!!
This is awesome. I can't wait to get started. Ummmmmm I'm
already supposed to be started, (on weight-loss) that is.

My weigh-in Friday: I was up .25 I guess I'm going to have to
pay closer attention to the sodium count in canned veggie juice.
Of course my thyroid plays a big part in this process. (Did I just
hear an excuse) SORRY!!!!

It started snowing here around 3:30 already we have over an inch.
But I was watching the Southern States on TV , and their ICE storm.
I consider myself lucky for just snow. Hope GA ladies are all safe, there is
a lot of power outages down there.

To all whose NEW Welcome.
To all who lost weight this week congrats. Keep up the good work.

To those like me: IT will come off---IT will come off__IT will come off
To all the ladies here who make us feel so Welcome
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:49 PM   #6  
Hang In There

Well, my anniversary was pretty uneventful. In fact until about 5:00 I was planning on going to play Bunco. It was my monthly Bunco night, but at the last minute I got a sub and we went out to eat. We went to Saltgrass Steak House and I had the steak and Coconut shrimp combo, and I didn't eat OP. In fact I have'nt bee n very OP this whole week. Not really bad, just not exactly like I should have been.

Jen We do want pictures (but you can put clothes over the boobs if you don't mind!) I really wish I could talk ole Alvin into getting his plastic surgery, I know it would make such a difference, but he's not receptive to having more surgery of any kind.

To everyone else, I'm sorry I can't seem to get into the personal replies right now, but as I have said, I'm going through a very stressful time, and that is just more than I can handle right now. I am reading everyday and thinking about you all.

Barbg

)
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:24 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Barbg ..... sounds like you had a lovely anniversary evening w your DH.

"I'm sorry I can't seem to get into the personal replies right now, but as I have said, I'm going through a very stressful time, and that is just more than I can handle right now. I am reading everyday and thinking about you all."

Don't you dare worry about replies. We all know you're here when you can be and you know we're all here for you when you need us. {{{{{Hugs}}}}
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:36 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

2cute – I sent you a PM… I’ll take a look at it and see if I can figure it out hehehe… I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions. Just let me know what else you need from me So this map starts for February? Also, if there is a post somewhere about it that gives the full details, so I can look it over, let me know. This way I can figure out what I’m doing *smile*

So… today my sister decided to treat me to lunch. We went to soup plantation. I ate more than I should have, however, I managed to keep myself from eating til I had that “I wanna blow up” feeling. However, when I get home, my mom calls and says, “Your aunt is coming in with her new husband and his kids. We’re going out to Olive Garden for dinner. Meet us at 7:30” So here I am thinking I did really good at not over eating and I get this call… AHHHH! I wanna meet my new family, but… I don’t wanna go but I wanna meet my new family. WAAH! Okie well… I’ll just get a soup, and I’ll slurp some of the juice That or I’ll do an extra set of exercising tomorrow.

We’ll see what happens. Catch up with everyone later…

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:43 PM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all sorry I haven't been posting much. WE have been busy at the Library. Food is soso. I am still at 198 I think the scale is stuck.
Dh and i went to see Hide and Seek today it was weird. Then we went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. WE both got the salad bar and then we shared an entree. We shared a slaice of low carb cheesecake.

Jen good to know your ok I need new boobs

Hello newbies.

I got my pkg yesterday too.

catch you all later
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:27 PM   #10  
Inchworm

Company is gone. there were 'only' 18 of us. a great time was had by all, lots of talking and laughing......cousins that had not seen each other in over 60 yrs!! they are all good cooks and each brought a dish or 2. I did not stay OP!
Easing into Monday when I will be oficially on the Curves plan. I did shop for it when I shopped for todays feast.

My legs are "hurtin for certain", after being on them most of the day. maybe I will go get inthe jacuzzi! hmm good idea!
ttfn
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:46 PM   #11  
Taking the first steps...

Hi, I've skipped out the last few days here, but I've been busy! I'm 3 days into my diet and feeling great! I know that I'm going to do very well as long as I can continue to be positive. I've already been to two functions where I had to exercise will power and it was so easy (a games night with free flowing snacks and a baby shower with tons of temptation).
gottagetserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 01:30 AM   #12  

Smile

Hilta... Thanks for the positive words about the challenge. I too belonged to TOPS many many years ago and I was in charge of games there for a couple of months. I always make the focus on ACTION .. not just weight loss. I know that sometimes we just don't lose weight even if we deserve to. So I wanted the rewards to be for DOING WHAT IT TAKES rather than just who loses the most. 10% of 300lbs is 30lbs. While 10% of 200lbs is only 20 lbs. So you can see ... just because someone loses more... doesn't mean they had a greater accomplishment.
What I love most about the map is ... I can sit here and read everyones posts.... and look at my map and see everyone at their homes. Kind of a cozy feeling.

Barbg... I had to laugh at myself. Your post said... "I got a sub and we went out to eat. "
What I read was ... "I got a sub (sandwich at Subway) and we went out to eat at Saltgrass Steakhouse" DUH !!!
It took me reading it 3 or 4 times before I finally figured out "sub meant substitute" player for Bunnco. LOL LOL I can be soooooo clueless sometimes. LOL
I love Saltgrass Steakhouse .... MMMmmm sooooo good !!!!!
I hope your stress is relieved soon. I am here for you anytime you need a shoulder to cry on.

SueMarie... I sent you a PM on the challenge. I also will be posting a seperate thread just about the Feb Cross Country Challenge.

Grannie/Mary ... you are much braver than I. .... I have been too afraid to go and see "Hide and Seek". Was it scarey ?? I want to ask you tons of questions about it... but don't want to spoil it for others who have not seen it yet. Did that little girl do a good job acting in it ???
I heard that "White Noise" was not scarey .. but weird. LOL
I have heard that Ruby Tuesday's LC cheesecake is really good ... is that true ???

Joyce... sounds like you had a GREAT TIME. did you enjoy that jacuzzi ???
Those pot luck gatherings are hard to stay on program.

Gotta get serious .... You definitely lived up to your name !!
I have "gotta get serious" too !!!! You are a fine example to follow. !!!
Old 01-30-2005, 05:32 AM   #13  

I messed up again today. And I paid dearly for it! I'm going to swear off pizza forever. Well, tomorrow is another day. I have two days off, and I'll just be at home cleaning. I don't keep junk food in the house anymore, so being at home is actually better for me. I was so hungry tonight, but I snacked on some chips I got at the health food store. They're better for me than Doritos, but I've got to kick the snacking habit!!
dimples78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:15 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

The lc cheese cake is wonderful
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Its Sunday. Give Thanks where ever you for all that you have and think positive for this coming week.

Once again this morning, its nature at it finest looking out at the
winter wonderland. Nice for those of us that don't have to go out.

It's February Challenge week starting Tuesday . Is everybody ready?
2cute: My hard decision for the contest is do I start East or West.
I have a Van I will get more people going East.

ageoldie: I used to belong to a Bunco club years ago. Brings back
memories of how much fun it was.

Dimples: Tomorrow is a new day stay the course

To: gottagetserious-grannie-gmalil-suemarie-j ann and to all
I've missed I'm sorry I missed you I'm still trying to get used
to the all the ladies in this group

THIS WEEK: Exercise-Drink Water and try to stay OP. I am

Check with all later
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote