Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 08:42 PM   #1  
BELIEVE!

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again #492

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We have a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Last edited by BarbPA; 02-18-2004 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:47 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
Just popped in again to see what everyone was up to and thought I'd start the new thread. I didn't get to pamper myself with a hot bath, but I did get some house cleaning done. Now I am getting ready to get comfy on the couch!

Have a wonderful evening!
Barb
Old 02-18-2004, 11:02 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Thanks Barb for starting the new thread.
I am still sick... and sick of being sick.
It has been 10 days tomorrow. Thin said she was sick for a MONTH .... I don't know if I can last that long.

I am going to FORCE myself to go to bed earlier tonight. I know I need more rest.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:06 AM   #4  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I haven't been away on purpose! Our internet service has been having nasty problems still, and I haven't been able to get online since last week. They say they have the problem fixed again, but I'm not holding my breath.

It is really late, so I'm not going to post anything else right now. Just wanted to let you all know I'm alive and kicking, not off on some binge and afraid to show my face.

Take care, and wish me luck getting back on tomorrow!

Andria
Old 02-19-2004, 07:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning,

No time to post much. Yesterday was a long day. And food was bad. not so much quantity but quality. I started the day with a bagel and peanut butter - which led to a turkey sandwich and whole wheat chips which led to 2 cookies which led to being starved at 5 pm and needing peanuts which led to Sonic. Anyone get the connection? Breads and high sugar stuff left me too hungry and with a huge headache and feeling weak. Like crap. Back on the beach this morning, post haste!

Okay, who was fretting about losing 8 pounds on SBD and then not much? Probably that 8 pounds was largely water. I was told that carbs in our bodies retain water. When we cut them out, then our bodies can shed extra water. Don't forget the diet isn't intended for large losses every week. Just like anything else, a 1-2 pound loss per week is the goal. Eight pounds gone is fabulous. Don't get discouraged and don't start starving yourself. Remember - this is for healthy reasons and cutting out all the breads and high-sugar stuff is healthy! Hang in there!

Gotta run. I'll try to post more tonight while I'm sitting on the couch watching Survivor and CSI.

Have a great OP day!

P.S. 2Cute - Thanks for your kind words about my positive posts. There are as much as for me, trying to keep myself going, as for all of you. I want us to get to the end of the year and feel good about what we have accomplished. Not regret. That may be a 10 pound loss or 50. There are times when I feel like I'm a hairbreadth away from throwing in the towel. Then I real about how Barb or Kat or anyone else has gone to the gym and it encourages me. But YOU must rest and take care of yourself.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:20 AM   #6  

Good morning all. Last night was a bad night for me and my health.
My cold or whatever it is I have is getting worse. I finally broke down and called the doctor this morning. I was up all night COUGHING and BLOWING my brains out. I kept waking up my husband too and that is not good for him. He thinks he is getting it now too. I have to get better because my husband is a typical man when he is sick... I have to wait on him hand and foot. LOL Actually he is a pretty good guy other times.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:32 AM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning All!
Just finished up my breakfast and getting ready to start on work, but I had to stop and check on my favorite gals before doing anything else!

Nothing much new to talk about since I was in here babbling away yesterday! I fell asleep last night watching the Bachelorette and missed the end - luckily I had the VCR recording it so I went back and watched it. DH just called from NYC, poor thing has been having problems with his ear for a couple weeks - the Dr. cleaned them out last week hoping it would help and now it's worse. So, he is trying to call. We also have an appt. with his urologist tomorrow to get all his lab results. Poor guy is having a rough time w/ Drs. the past couple weeks.

2Cute - I am sorry to hear that you are still feeling bad! I am sending some virtual Chix noodle soup your way! I hate to say it, but it took me two months to kick the bronchistis I had during Dec & Jan. I certainly hope you have a speedier recovery!

Andria - Thanks for the quick update! I am happy to know that you are doing well and it's just computer problems keeping you away from us! Hopefully you'll get things resoved so you can catch us up on your busy, busy life!

Terri - So the food got the best of you yesterday!?!? You are tough and motivated! I know today will be much better!!! I think your post hit on my problem this week. Last week was great with a 3 pound loss and then I had way too many carbs 3 days in a row and the scale jumped up 4+ pounds, it is slowly working it's way back off. The body is an amazing thing!!! I HAVE to stay away from the sugar and carbs!!!!!! I too will be comfy on the couch watching our favorite shows tonight!!!

Back to work I go!
Barb
Old 02-19-2004, 09:37 AM   #8  

Barb... it was bad enough when Thin said it took her a solid month to get well ... now I hear 2months I don't like the sound of this.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:51 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Alrighty Chicks - Here I am talking to myself again! Come out come out wherever you are and play with me.

I just had a 15 minute chair massage! It was a nice break in the middle of the work day! We have a massage therapist that comes out to the office once a week and you can sign up for sessions. I just did the 15 minutes to work out a kink in my neck. I have a gift certificate for a one-hour massage that I have been saving. I may use it next month.

2cute - Are you seeing the Dr. today? You need some meds! Didn't mean to scare you with my lengthy illness. I hope you bounce back faster!

Back to work I go!
Love all you gals!
Barb
Old 02-19-2004, 05:02 PM   #10  

Well, I just got home from the doctor. I definitely have a severe case of phnemonia.(sp?)
I was given a shot in the butt and two prescriptions.
I told the doctor that my sister was coming up from Joplin tomorrow and we were going to OKC on Saturday. Her response was ... "NO YOU'RE NOT. You're not going anywhere... and call your sister and tell her not to come. You are highly contagious"

I did not even get to tell her about my sister's illness. She does not want anyone exposed even if they are healthy. She told me to stay away from ALL people.

That was the good news. LOL

Unfortunately the xray also showed that I have a severely enlarged heart.
She seemed very concerned about it ... but said she needed to get this phnemonia under control first. I am to go back in 10 days and then they will start focusing on my heart.
Of course ... she told me I needed to REALLY lose this weight. To start eating healthy and do it NOW. Famous last words.

Obviously... I was feeling pretty bad to go to the doctor. AND I DO.
I knew I was sick.. just did not realize how sick. LOL
Okay. I am off to bed. I should have done that more sooner.
I don't know how much I will be here. I will just have to wait and see.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:27 PM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

2cute, you get yourself well! Yes, that is an order!
Did the doctor suggest getting a good humidifier? If you don't already have one, make sure to buy a good brand that won't leave white dust all over everything. We bought one from Sears years ago and they still sell the filters and everything for it. Sometimes if you buy them from the big box stores (Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) they don't always sell the filter you use the next year.

I'll be back later to get caught up on reading. Eldest daughter just got home and needs a ride to basketball tryouts.

Andria
Old 02-19-2004, 05:51 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Oh my dear 2Cute - great big hugs and get well wishes coming your way!!! You need to take care of #1 - yes, that's YOU!!! Get to bed, get better and focus on you, you, you!!!

Hugs!
Barb
Old 02-19-2004, 06:04 PM   #13  
Hang In There

2Cute!!! Get yourself well!!! You have too many things planned for the near future to let your self go! Just rest and let your family take care of you.

Andria,good to see you back, If I'm away you can be sure it's cause I've been slipping and embarrased to show my face

I'm not a happy camper today. I went to the research appointment yesterday and they gave me a supply of the medication (pills) told me how to take them, gave me a journal to write down everything that I eat for the next two weeks. I went home and started right in on taking the pills, writing thins down, really going to bet with this thing. Of course if the weight loss wasn't as good an incentive as it should be, the $330.00 I would get paid to participate and finish it would be! Today the lady calls and said that she overlooked something and I can't be in the study after all, so could I please bring back the medication. It seems like the fact that they had a new MRI machine and I wasn't over the weight limit anymore caused her to overlook the fact that the BMI limit was 43. Mine's about 47!! So that is the end of that. Then she had me talk to another nurse there who is also doing a weight medication study, Believe it or not, this is the study that they talked to me about first, with the medication injectable instead of pills). It was supposed to have been canceled, but not it's back on and I'm within the BMI limit on this one, and the weight limit. The only problem might be the fact that I had breast cancer years ago. She said that since it was so ong ago she didn't think it would matter, but I'm afraid it will disqualify me. My PCP would not even talk to me about Hormone therapy because of that, and the way I understand it this medication is a hormone. So we will just have to wait and see!

BarbPA you have been having as many doctors visits as I have, hopefully you will have something to show for yours soon.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:30 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

2 cute get well soon. Son and I went in and bought my new fish tank and stand today. I put the stand together. I hate putting things together. My new ring came back today. DH got down on one knee and put it on my finger.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

It was a rough day at work. Us group of managers (is that good grammar?) went out to lunch as a teambuilding event. We went to my favorite Italian buffet. :yum: Remember that yesterday was a disasterous food day? Now, check me out. I got a small plate of salad and mediterranean veggies and then went for a plate of entree - two partial pieces of roasted chicken, 2 fish nuggets, and carrots. And that's all I ate. I sat there while 8 other people chowed down on pizza, pasta, breads, and dessert. I had NO dessert. I was the only one not feeling sleepy this afternoon. I felt great - not deprived at all. I didn't eat anything else during the afternoon either. I'm patiently waiting for DH to make tacos without shells.

2Cute - I'm so sorry to hear how sick you are. But sweetie, you are going to have to slow down and take care of your health. Nothing else will be worth it if it costs you your health. Nothing. No more staying up all night!

Barb.g - How frustrating about the medical studies. Maybe God has other things planned or doesn't want you to do something that maybe harmful. Keep us posted. And no more hiding out when you're not doing well. We don't judge you if you're not doing well. We're here to help you through those times.

Barb - That massage sounded wonderful. I needed one today.

Andria - Good to see you again. How's the job situation?

Okay, its time for the immunity challenge on Survivor. I must go so I can focus on that! Have a great evening.

Last edited by Terri in MO; 02-19-2004 at 08:38 PM.
Closed Thread