Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:00 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #483

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:01 AM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Opps - we had two new threads for a minute. 2Cute and I were thinking alike! I deleted mine and here we are! Phew...if you missed the end of #482 don't forget to go back and catch up!

My post is on the last thread....catch ya later!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:03 AM   #3  

Hi Barb... several of us were all posting at the same time.
I too will be back later.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:35 AM   #4  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Just letting you all know I'm alive. The house has been packed with people for the last two nights, and they haven't been leaving until after midnight. My simple food ideas for the wedding reception were blown all out of proportion by a well-meaning sister. She kind of likes productions, especially if she is the center of them! Ok, so she isn't the bride, but she still manages to grab the bulk of the spotlight. You just have to know her.

I broke out in hives at job #2 the other day. Ummm... guessing my body was trying to tell me something? Anyway, I decided it had gone far enough, and the first opportunity I had, I explained to the new boss that I am an adult and don't deserve this style of treatment. Told him that I'm working as hard and fast as I can to get up to speed, and that he really needs to give me a break and we really need to work on our communication. Surprisingly enough, he didn't fire me, and once I stopped shaking, the rest of the day was very pleasant. I think I kind of scared him.

I am 2.5 threads behind in reading and have to get to work and go straight to the reception tonight. Then I'm off for the ENTIRE weekend! Wahoo!!! I'll come back tomorrow to catch up and give a report.

Andria
Old 01-30-2004, 12:20 PM   #5  
Inchworm

Talking

Good morning chicks!
I just weighed in, at minus 2.2! Back on track, I knew it was the new meds!
The meeting was on the new Fast Track plan, guess it is hard for everyone to understand. But she affirmed what we have been saying , that it is for a fast start, or for a kick in the pants to get off a plateau.
She did caution about the column for 'free' vegetables...it says choose 1 not to go more than 2 at the most for that week. and to follow the same part of the plan (carb or protien) for a whole week, don't go back and forth between the 2 plans, it will confuse your body

Must go "clear a path" thru the boxes, a friend is coming later this morning.
MOTIVATION!!

ttyl

Last edited by gmalil; 01-30-2004 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:49 PM   #6  

joyce CONGRATS on the loss. keep up the good work!!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:09 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon my wonderful friends. I am just finishing up my lunch at my desk. I had a salad with Greens, cucumbers, tomatoes and mushrooms and now I am topping it off with a dessert of Strawberry Yougart.

I find myself asking myself all the time now "How bad do you want this" Last nights answer was enough that I went into McDonalds to get Alexis a Happy Meal and Evan a #2 meal, and hubby requested not 1 but 2 caramel sundaes. I did not get a thing!!! I did not let one measly tiny french fry pass these lips. Did I want one???? YES!!! But it was NOT worth it.

This am I asked hubby what he wanted for supper. His answer.....HOTDOGS, well okay I said they can have hotdogs and I will have a Boca Burger on the Geroge Forman, or I could have the fat free hotdogs, but Im not a real big hotdog person. And I think I will pick up some steak fries to go with the meal, I know we've had them before and they are pretty point friendly if you get the right kind.

I am so glad that there has been so much activity here on the thread. I still live to come here and read.

I'm sending out well wishes to everyone and I will be back later.

Hugs to all,
Old 01-30-2004, 01:42 PM   #8  

Angry

WOW !!!! What a GREAT GROUP OF WINNERS HERE !!!!

Andria ... I am soooooooooooo proud of you. Sometimes we just have to stand up for ourselves. It sounds like you did it very well. Way to go !!

Sandy...You are on a roll girl... keep it up.
Joyce... congratulations on your loss.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #9  
On My Way To The New Me

Hi Everyone thanks for the welcome!

Feeling good today, still haven't weighed, so here's hoping I don't forget.

I was having the most weirdest dreams this week, cruise ships and everything. I must have a cruise in my future. Hope not, with all of those nasty food choices, I'm not sure I could handle it. The old me though, ooo all those food choices, the new me is like AHHH all those food choices! If you can understand that!

So its procrastination time for my aerobics. I'm always wanting to read one more email before getting my breakfast and aerobics out of the way. I'm such a bad girl! I do set the consequence of getting my aerobics done before dark, so everyone outside can't see me exercising inside (sheer curtains).

I ran out of the good bread today, so its not gonna be toast today. Decisions decisions.

Good luck today, stay motivated!

Heather
Nova Scotia
Dartmouth
Old 01-30-2004, 02:43 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Thumbs up Try, try again

This is the 3rd time I've tried this....

Heather: Welcome! I know you'll love it here!

Lucky: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Please share with us when you can

WARNING: RANT AHEAD

I have my own "crummy situation" too. A 17 1/2 y.o., unemployed drop out who's been copping a major attitude and causing a lot of grief for Mom & Dad. We can't kick him out of the house, because he's a minor. We can't have him charged as an "unruly juvenile" (for "taking off", sneaking into our locked house through a window, violating curfew, etc.) because he's not a juvenile Last night I stuffed my anger w/ a bagel with a ton of extra margarine

O.K., RANT OVER

Andria: YOU GO GIRL! Keep standing up to that boss!

Audrey: Good job on your eating.

Jen: I'm glad you got yourself that bike. Keep on pedalling!

Thin: Thanks for the hug-I sure need it.

Amanda: You're not alone on the toast/garlic bread thing. (see above post) If you're interested in OA online, there's more info on the OA sub-forum under "Eating Disorder Support".

2 Cute: I'll have to check out that article in "O". It sounds interesting

Barb g, Kat & Jen: I'm thinking about doing SBD myself. Just another carb addict.

Joyce: Congrats on 2.2. lbs gone!

Sandy: Good for you! My DH loves to eat too-but I need to start taking care of ME.

Terri: That airdyne bike is a good workout

Susie: Congrats on 13 days O.P.

Pat: Good for you staying away from Another of my weaknesses!

Tina: Good job w/staying O.P.

Michelle: Good luck on your interview!

BarbPA: %$@# Computers

If I forgot anyone, hope you're having a great day.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:56 PM   #11  

Unhappy

Well, I am just here long enough to say that today was a TOTAL disaster. I only got 12 minutes in on the bike when my DH came online to chat with me and i never went back to the bike. My food has been total crapola today. I am super PMSing and am tired and bloated as all heck.
But tomorrow is a new day, right?
I'll talk at ya then,
Jen
Old 01-30-2004, 03:21 PM   #12  
Hang In There

Just a quick drive-by post today, no time, just wanted to let everyone know I've read everything, and thinking about you. Have a great day!
Old 01-30-2004, 04:37 PM   #13  

Afternoon, it's snowing like crazy here, the boss even told us to take off early because the roads are getting so bad. But I have to stick around, I clean the office once a week, and today's the day, plus I DF is picking me up when he gets off from work. Bummer I should would like to leave right now.
Thin, We've been engaged for 2yrs now, just haven't set a date or made the plans, we have a lot of promblems, an I'm hoping that this year I figure out what I want, and either marry him or leave him. I need to overcome my negative behaviour and thoughts, and try to love the guy, I have a really bad attitude and I could say I'm very verbally abusive to the guy, and I really want to change my ways, but haven't found the way yet, with the help and prayers from the ladys from my church, I'm hoping to overcome this attitude and love him or leave him, we definetly don't have a healthy relationship, and our son is not going to learn anything good from the way we act towards each other. He's very kind and affectionate, I'm cold and distant. He says nice things, I dwell on all his faults. Somethings got to change, and I see it's probably me.
Woo, that was a long rant. So yes he is Darling Fiance, but might as well just be darling friend.
Thanks for all the info on SBD, some good information, exspecially the Prevention article had a lot of good info. Going to start my first 2 weeks on Monday.
Well I still have 7 puppies to give away, 4 have been at the pet store since Monday, and they only have till tomorrow to get rid of them for me. I really want my house back, puppies make alot of mess, and they smell really bad, well there room does, but they are also really cute.
Well, gotta go, catch you guys on Monday.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Another OP day and....

I just ordered a copy of Body for Life, the Body for Life Success Journal, and Eating for Life the newest book by Bill Phillips. I read the recommendations on Amazon and it got really good recommendations. It sounds like it is really down to earth and practical. (Which is what I liked about Body for Life.) I'm very excited and I can't wait to get my books and get going on this plan.

I've maintained my energy all day and didn't even have much of an afternoon energy lag. I can't believe it. Usually around 3 I'm ready for a nap no matter how much sleep I got. Last night I got around 5 hours of sleep and I'm not feeling exhausted. All I can guess is that it is a combination of the tea, vitamins, drinking enough water, and eating well. I've been waiting until I'm really hungry to eat, which seems to work well for me, as long as I have what I'm eating planned, and somewhat ready or at hand. I do a lot of quick fix foods, so it isn't hard to fix them when I'm hungry. Let's just say the measuring cups and spoons are getting a lot of use.

I'm not feeling like doing replies right now, so I'll just have to say "Hello" to everyone and hope you are having a great OP evening!
Old 01-30-2004, 08:33 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

I did a big post and its not here
Closed Thread