Old 02-05-2018, 10:00 PM   #1  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Jumpin' Jack Flaps

Okay this is a bit embarressing, but when I do jumping jacks, I hear a lot of flapping as my belly hits my thighs. I'm trying to be proud of the fact that I CAN actually do them. For years they were just too hard and put too much strain on my knees and feet. But lately I've been able to do about 10-20 of them at a time without getting horribly winded - and no pain. But I have to do them at home or in the bathroom at work so that nobody hears the annoying "flap" sound. When I do them, I am wearing regular pants or workout leggings, plus regular underwear and good supportive bra.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any suggestions for workout support gear? I want to claim this as an NSV , but still kinda embarressed about it.

All suggestions appreciated!

Last edited by booklover; 02-05-2018 at 10:01 PM.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/308/220

At least you can do jumping jacks. If I attempted them I'd pee myself!
Cherry2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

See if you can try out some compression wear. Compression outfits (which are kindof like full-body girdles) have been fairly trendy for working out since some folks think they speed recovery and might provide other benefits. I'm not overweight now, but I have fatty inner thighs and my skin isn't as taught as it was when I was young, so I actually bought a couple outfits for swimwear (they aren't intended for swimwear, but who says I can't swim in them?). I like them better than any of the skirted swimsuits I was using to try to hide my inner thighs.

If you can't find any appropriate compression workout clothes, maybe something like spanx underneath?

Anyway, I hope that you find a solution to your problem, but if not, please keep it up and do what you feel comfortable doing. If that means working out at home, so be it. But you should feel proud of your accomplishment and if you do your jumping jacks in public, focus on that! Best of luck to you!

Last edited by yoyoma; 02-17-2018 at 03:24 PM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote