Old 09-11-2017, 01:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 308/250/215

Height: 5'11

I measure it. I don't miss the soft drinks. I have all ways taken my coffee black. That helps with having to worry about sweetener and or cream. once I get down to 250-240. I will actually get my diet on a better plan( hopefully)

Thank you for the suggestion about veggies and fruit. They are both things that I need to put into my eating habits.
powerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:38 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome powerbear! Congratulations on the weight loss so far!

Senchaglad you had a better day.

I have had a crappy last week. Mood, sleep and food has been off. Made myself show my face on here because it is the only thing that gets me back on track at these times.
Feeling much better now that I've posted.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Dropping in haven't posted in what feels like forever

Busy with winter sports my girls had dance exams swim meets and other activities anyway finally have time to breathe

Nice going with the jacket ubee and well done posting to get back on track

Welcome Powerbear got tired just Reading what you do

Den ha tuppaware had a habit of disappearing in many places we just get a cheaper alternative that doesn't matter if it disappears like that
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Karencat so nice to hear from you! Children sure do help fill in your days.
I see you are down to 191! Way to go!

I am taking it one day at a time because I know I will get there!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:08 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Karencat, I just looked at your starting weight. It's nice to know that someone starting off at my weight can do so much! Gives me hope for myself.

I've been feeling really under the weather for the past few days. Can't tell if I'm getting sick or what. My stomach's upset all the time, so I'm barely eating, which makes it more upset. Tired and weak. Of course I've got a ton of homework this week (what else is new?), so I've been sitting in the recliner reading my textbooks and that still takes it out of me. Blergh.
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:25 AM   #21  

Doesn't seem like people are very chatty this month. Is everyone busy?
Old 09-15-2017, 07:28 PM   #22  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

Hi friends. Irma ame and left us in a mess. I have power but my kids do not. Lots of people with lots of needs. Give if you can to Red Cross.
I had a kidney stone for three days just before the hurricane. Not been a fun 2 weeks for me.
Anyway still n track with the weight loss.
How is everyone??
Missed not checking in but was a little distracted.

Anniemaxx
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:30 PM   #23  

anniemaxx, I didn't realize you were in Hurricane Irma's path. Hope your kids get their power back soon. We donated to Red Cross a few days ago; I hope it helps the people who need help. How horrible that you had a kidney stone! Hope you're feeling a little better now.

I haven't been doing so great the past week. The provera the doctor gave me for my periods really messed me up. I was weak from the period, and have been feeling pretty crummy since then. I think I'm starting to get better, but slowly. Had the doctor test me for anemia and thyroid and everything came back normal. Going in for more bloodwork on Tuesday. I'm a bit concerned about that. I suspect my cholesterol is high, and I'm already prediabetic. From what I've read, a vegan diet can really help with reversing those conditions, so I will work on sticking to it. Unfortunately, I've been so out of whack the past week (nauseous, fatigued, anxious as h*ll) that I've had a hard time eating anything. Not even junk food seems appealing. We went out to dinner at my favorite place tonight and I had to bring most of it home because I felt so bad. I'm seeing the doctor again next Friday. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon. Really worried that the past twenty years of awful eating are catching up to me. I just have to keep in mind that I have the resources and the strength to change my health for the better!

You ladies have all been so helpful and encouraging to me, and I really appreciate it. I think it's making a huge difference for me.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #24  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

Sencha - girl you are in tune with yourself. You hit the nail on the head when you said that twenty years of bad eating are catching up with you. You are right. That's the bad news BUT there is good news and lots of it. You can heal yourself with proper nutrition. Diabetes and Obesity - are killing us. Also making us broke!! I know EXACTLY how you feel because I have been there recently. I was seeing yet another doctor when I stood in his reception area and had a realization whilst I was pulling out my debit card getting ready to pay another balance for a test to tell me what I already knew. Dr Mark Hyman has a book called The Blood Sugar Solution and there is a community called www.bloodsugarsolution.com This will help you reverse that road to diabetes. If you already know (think) that you are going to get it then why not stop it right now. It is very scary to change, you have to build yourself a NEW YOU. It is so clear to me reading your posts that you want to do this. Go back and read your stuff. What would you advise the girl who wrote it. Listen, I see and hear myself in everything you say that's why I care about you. Nobody every said to me 'what are you doing to yourself'? I am saying it to you Sencha. Why ? You are an intelligent woman and I want you to get well and healthy. Not only for the health benefits but also the social and economic benefits.
Lecture over.
You have my support and best wishes.
Anniemaxx
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #25  

anniemaxx, you are so right! I would say more right now, but I am absolutely exhausted from the past few days...
Old 09-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #26  

I am 1.4 lbs shy of 20 lbs lost. This is killing me. Maybe it will be gone when I weigh on Friday...

Last edited by Sencha; 09-20-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Hey all.

I'm not exactly new here, I was pretty active back in 2013. Had lost 82 pounds, and got in a new relationship. The relationship has been going well, but my eating habits have been awful. It doesn't help that my partner is 130lbs soaking wet and that's the heaviest she's ever been her whole life. She can eat as much as she wants whenever she wants and not gain a pound.

At any rate, I stepped on the scale back in May and was shocked to discover I was back at 300 lbs. I've been sort of kind of trying to get back on track since but kept slipping up.

I feel like now I'm finally sticking with it. So, I'm back here.

I'm 29, & I have PCOS/insulin resistance/hypothyroidism. I actually went 4 years without seeing my doctor due to various reasons. I finally went last month to see a gynecologist due to a prolonged heavy period, and had to have a biopsy, still waiting on those results. The bloodwork they had done shows I am anemic and my TSH levels are high again (they were normal without meds back in 2013.) I see my primary next week to get on thyroid meds, and now I'm taking oral contraceptives for my PCOS and iron supplements for the anemia. (Both of which make me so nauseous ugh.)

Anyways, I'm really wanting to get serious about losing weight again, primarily because we are hoping to start a family in a couple years.

So, hi everyone.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #28  

Hi makebelieve! I'm glad you came back to 3FC. It's been really helpful for me. I also have PCOS and insulin resistance. My doctor has me on metformin to help with the insulin resistance. A lot of women with PCOS are on metformin for that reason. Getting the insulin resistance under control can really help with weight loss. I started losing weight with calorie counting too, but I switched to a low-fat vegan diet for heart health and because that can also help with IR. Low carb diets can be another option, but I would say if you're happy with calorie counting, then stick to that! I'm glad that you're taking the medications you need to take care of yourself. Good luck!
Old 09-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the welcome back! 3FC helped so much the first time around.

I've been on metformin before and it made me sick. My stomach doesn't seem to take many medications well. I have been debating trying again with it and trying a keto diet. But I worry a diet so restrictive may make it too hard for me to stick to! I've been able to lose weight by just calorie counting and trying to take it easy on the carbs without setting a specific limit so I think I'll stick with that for now at least until I plateau or something.

Thank you! I'm really glad to be taking care of me again too.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #30  

Metformin made me very sick when I first started it. The doctor switched me to the extended release version, which is supposed to be a lot easier on your stomach, but it still made me a bit sick. All the advice about taking it that I found online says not to have many carbs with it, but I found out recently that taking it at my dinner (which is full of complex carbs) works so much better for me. I still had to work up to it, and I'm only on half my dose at the moment, but will be upping it to the full dose starting next week. I still feel queasy in the morning, but as soon as I eat something, like a banana or some saltines, I feel much better. I've tried keto before, and you're right, it's very restrictive. I couldn't stay on it because of that. I also felt pretty crummy, too. You're totally right to stick with what is working for you!