Old 06-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Chat Thread June 2017

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #2  

Feeling a little lonely on my journey and just kind of blah. Worried about losing my focus.
How is everyone else doing?
Old 06-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

I hear you Ubee
Im rewarding myself for each pound lost.....that's helping me stay focused

Last edited by sweetcakes736; 06-01-2017 at 10:09 PM.
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:31 AM   #4  

Good idea sweetcakes.
Mind if I ask what kind of rewards?
Old 06-02-2017, 09:17 AM   #5  

GOOD MORNING

Just wanted to introduce myself,,,

My name is Holly,,,I am 52 years old, and I currently weigh 292.8 lbs,,,,,when I started my diet 3 weeks ago, I weighed 301.2

I have NEVER in my LIFE weighed that much,,,,,sigh.

I do know I have to change it,,,,,,I have osteoarthritis, bone on bone, in both knees,,,,,,,I need knee replacements, but frankly, I don't want to weigh 300 lbs when I have them,,,,,,it will make my recovery SO much harder,,,

My biggest challenge is water weight gain,,,,,it fluctuates like crazy,,,,,,usually, the weight I can be the most sure about is Monday AM,,,

I spend all week at work sitting on my butt, with my feet getting more and more swollen,,,,I take water pills, but what usually works the best to get rid of it is running around like crazy on the weekends,,,,,Monday mornings my water weight gain is at its lowest,,,

I know it's temporary,,,,but it's frustrating to be one weight on Monday morning and by Friday weigh 5 lbs more,,,,,,even though I have counted every single calorie.

Anyway,,,,,,,that's my biggest challenge,,,,

Just a bit about me,,,I have 3 kids, 5 grand kids, I make handmade cards when I am not working for The Mouse (I work in reservations for Disney) which I absolutely ADORE. I go to Disney as often as I can,,,,,,,,and I have to use a scooter due to my osteoarthritis,,,,,,,,which is totally embarrassing,,,another reason I'd like to lose weight and get new knees,,,,

My biggest question,,,,,HOW ON EARTH did I let it get this bad???
CommaHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

I get one strawberry shortcake character for each pound I lose I have two more that aren't in this photo.
Makes me feel good to see them everyday, keeps me engaged
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shortcakes.jpg (12.5 KB, 10 views)
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #7  

Thanks for getting back to me sweetcakes. I think I do need something visual to encourage me. Also to remind me of how far I have come.
Welcome Holly. Congratulations on your loss and taking charge of your health. I weigh daily but many weigh one a week and some once a month. Since you know Monday is best why not just weigh then and avoid all the misery? Anyhow glad to have you join us.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #8  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello Everyone.... very slow progress here just now, but I am working hard to not let it bring me down. I need to go back to lower calories tomorrow, and working my butt off in the gym. I recently had the steroids in my arm and that held me back and I lost my gym partner for a bit... then I was in Germany. I have 3 full weeks before my best friends wedding... and I would really like to be able to say I was in the mid 260's so that I can actually say goodbye to the 270's for good... instead of just getting in and then back out just as quick.

Well Here goes another week...
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #9  

Nice to see you again Scotsgal. I know you are going through a frustrating time right now but I just want you to know I find you very inspiring.
Steroids can cause a stall but it will eventually give and down you will go. Just remember that big table of fat and how far you have come.
As for me I am making progress in my mind. I am worth this. It is OK to take care of myself. It is OK for me to have nice things. I can take care of myself and still be a good person, it does not make me selfish. Now I know we all know this but it finally feels true.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

good morning all... time to hit the floor running and get back in the groove... Intermittent Fasting here I come...

I hope everyone is doing good... I will be checking in here much more than I have in the past... I got to get going... hoping to start a new job in August! so ready!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful On Plan day!!!
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:36 PM   #11  

Welcome back Pam!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I enjoyed myself at our yearly town block party. I ate way to much vendor food and drank too much...but on the plus side i hit 10,000 steps each day. That is something I've never done since I get my fitbit. Yes I gained back some weight but I'm back to my diet and just quietly moving forward. My best friend came to town and even commented that I looked great so that really helped with my moral.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #13  

That is two great NSVs Ruby... anytime anyone notices my efforts it really makes me feel good... and making 10,000 is great too!!!

I have thought for a long time as long as you get back to it you are doing good... this life is learning about what works for each of us and getting back up doing a little better each time we fall... at least I know it is that way for me!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 06-06-2017, 09:52 AM   #14  

Ruby one of the things I noticed is that you said you enjoyed yourself. That is so important and also I notice when I have that attitude it is so much easier to get right back on plan. We need to enjoy ourselves and sometimes that involves food. It is a great learning opportunity.
Hi back at you Pam and to everyone else!
Old 06-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #15  

That is soooo right! Life is not very fun unless you enjoy yourself...

So I have been working on this IF for a few days now (almost a week) and it seems my weight is not going to budge... Perhaps I need to not weigh daily... it has not gone up or down one bit... I like to weigh on Fridays so I think I will weigh tomorrow and not again until next week...

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!