Old 10-02-2016, 06:18 AM   #1  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Talking 300+ Chat Thread, October 2016

Hey Guys and Gals,

It's another month, Can you believe Sept. went by so fast? I cant believe it went by so fast but as always lets make this month the best one yet. Who's with me?
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone

Wanted to stop by and say thank you for all the love, kind words and support with everything going on in my life right now. When things make such a drastic change it increases my stress levels pretty harshly and my anxiety is at an all time high. I stopped caring about myself because there's just too much going on. But I'm tired of doing this to myself. Just because bad things are happening doesn't mean I should take a step backwards in my progress. I'm just trying to focus on the here and now and take things on step at a time. The plus side is it's starting to finally cool down here in the southeast so DH and I are ready to get back outside with our walking. I'm ok if I only get cardio in for the rest of the year as long as I'm not giving up. Today is a new day and I'm going to treat every day as such.

I hope you all have a great week and thanks for being here.

Last edited by SamIAm86; 10-03-2016 at 07:00 AM.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #3  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Had a wedding last night and It was great. My sisters best friend was marrying this wonderful woman and the ceremony and reception was fantastic. I was not there for the formal meal, however when the night time buffet came around, I was very very good I only had a couple of sandwiches and a very small slice of cake. I had two fruit Ciders and a vodka and sprite, these were quite high in calories, so I made sure that I drank them as I danced . This meant that somehow, lucky me, I weighed in at the exact same as yesterday morning. Woohoo!

I also got some very nice comments about my dress and how I looked great I felt awesome last night

p.s Thought I would add a photo but this was of when I got home and gladly took my dancing shoes off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colins Wedding 2nd Oct 2016.jpg (27.5 KB, 22 views)
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Scotsgal you look great! I love weddings.

I hit my 5000 steps today. It makes me feel pretty darn good.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:15 AM   #5  
Determind Member

Ruby Well done!! I always feel very proud to hit 5,000. it doesn't sound much to some people, but considering its my cell that counts and I don't carry it around the house. It only tracks my outside steps, and some days I really don't have the spare time lol. So well done, I am very pleased for you!!

about me just popping my head in today, last night I tried out a meal that I saw on pinterest and it was amazing! It was a whole 297 calories and that was my full evening meal I bought a small packet of diced British beef, threw it into the wok/frying pan with a whole pack of chopped mushrooms and about 2 cups of broccoli. I then added some Chinese 5 spice and some light soy sauce. It was awesome!! I couldn't believe how filling it was for such little calories.

Anyway... it worked as this morning I weighed in at 289.8, My lowest before was 290.4 and I have been battling to get under 290 for the last 2 weeks. I go to Germany on Monday morning, and I would love to of hit 288 or 287 by then. I need to work really hard.

I have also noticed that since I stopped having soup every lunch time, I haven't been as bloated. I also haven't taken any pain killers in a while to try and shift some more weight lol. Not sure if its a combination of both. Just means I'm in a lot of pain these last few days lol.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:28 AM   #6  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Had a horrible weekend. Long car trip, eating out, dealing with MIL from ****. She actually tried to have me deported as a terrorist once. Hard to get back on the wagon.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi all - seems to be popping in for fortnightly check in ... must try for weekly .. maybe Sunday nights.or more realistically monday morning when the hubby is at work as hubby hogging pc again during week nights or I am just too tired for this

We are going to the Home show - big expo thing like a convention for people redecorating renovating or building homes will probably take 4 hours to get around
must work out and save points on WW for the annual treat of a danish delight ice cream ... probably something nuts like 30 points as in all my weeklies I have left

Ruby well done on reaching 5000 steps do that for a while then try increase by 500 steps ... work at it slowly - if your only tracking actual walks not just steps as you move or incidental movements then that is huge, I have a vivofit watch so my many runs to the loo add up my steps big time and I am trying for 15,500 now.. taking the time my girls swim train to walk instead of watching them

My girls got some great news for them the eldest moved up a level at the swim academy they attend and the youngest is in the invitational preparation sessions for the next level - unfortunately this means being extremely busy every week night sat morning and then they have swim meets on some Sundays...

SamIam hope things pick up for you -- always try to look after you first if your not well you cant look after the others you care about

CatherineM Your MIL sounds like the classic revolting MIL how awful I hope you get your groove back from the horrible weekend

scotsgal - love the dress pic - glad your not so bloated - could it have been something in the soup ingredients setting you off?
is there anything you can use for the pain that isnt tablet... like say a arnica calendula topical cream that might work for some relief -- I use anti-flam on my joint and muscle aches does not cure 100% but helps
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #8  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

SamIAm86 ~ I'm glad to hear your going to start taking care of yourself

Scotsgal ~ I love Weddings but I've only been to 2 in my life

CatherineM & RubyLeprechaun ~ Hi Ladies Welcome to our thread for Oct.

Karencat ~ Hi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Gals,

Good Morning, It's almost 9 a.m. & I'm about to go wash the dishes and clean the kitchen before I leave for the day. I have P.T. at 11 a.m. and then I'm gonna go apply for a job and then I'll come back home for the day. Tomorrow I have P.T. again and then I'm going to the mall for my free birthday gift from one of the jewelry store in one of my malls in town. Then on Sat. I'm going to dinner with 5 friends and then Sunday is of course our weekly shopping day. My weight loss has been going good. This morning I tried on a long sleeve shirt that I have wore in 4 years and it fit. I was so excited that I'm finally seeing physically results of my 35 pound weight loss.

Last edited by Terra1984; 10-06-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #9  
Determind Member

I wrote a big long winded reply to everyone and then I pressed on a stupid ad and it wiped everything. So I apologise about the short reply's, I'm so angry right now lol

Catherine Would love to hear the story about your MIL trying to deport you for some reason lol

Karencat I think it is the sodium in the canned soup that makes me bloat because I do not add salt to anything and I eat quite a fresh diet without it. Also I use BIO FREEZE which is great to put on as a step before pain killers, sometimes it works, sometimes its not enough.

Terra I love weddings And well done again on your NSV

Phae I hope someone finds that very useful and uplifting

Me I went to see my surgeon yesterday about my tendonitis, I explained everything in my wiped message lol But long story short.... I don't need surgery woohoo...... but they still don't know why I am in so much pain..... so they gave me another cortisone injection.... means I might be drumming like I did when I was 19 next week in Germany

Also weighed in at lowest today of 288.8 (from 323) yay!
Old 10-08-2016, 12:46 PM   #10  

Sounds like everyone has a fun weekend planned!

Scotsgal: It sucks that you don't know what's causing the pain but at least you don't have to have surgery. Being put under scares me.

Phae1963: I would try not to dwell on the past. The important part is that you came back

I'm not hitting 5000 steps every day yet but I'm working on it. It helps that I'm taking my daughter to the park or play area after I take my husband to work. I get some quality time with her, she gets some socialization, and we both get healthy. I'm not sure if it's in my head or not but I just plain feel better. I live on the second floor and the stairs are easier. I don't get winded walking across the apartment. I'm so glad I found this group because I'm not sure I could have done it by myself.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #11  

Scotsgirl - my life story write a post then wipe it have to repeat done that A LOT its annoying, hope the cortisone injection helps

Phae1963 glad you came back and posted after logging out - I would have rewritten probably something shorter like Scotsgirl did - but wouldn't have confessed to it.

Terra1984 - HI - wearing old clothes YAY!!!

RubyLeprechaun Your feeling better about it both in the head and the body I would say - means your improving with this you will get to those 5000 steps then you will find time to start doing 10,000!!! Playing with your children is a good workout for you and great for them and does not feel like work - love that fact

Went to the home-show with sister her daughter my two girls and our mum (Nana to the girls)- her daughter ran off Nana chased after her with help from my youngest - we walked around the show - missing the outdoor area where the face-painter and food court was found the danish delight ice cream - cheat day here had planned this ice cream into points from ww very low points day and almost no weeklies used to account for this tracked as best as able to hopefully got it right maddeningly high allowance of pretty much all the weeklies and half the dailies gone on 1 ice cream but **** enjoyed it!
My eldest stayed with me - Finally caught up with Nana and girls to get grumped at about taking off on her - excuse me - we did not she disappeared on us this time - we kept an eye out for them, if we had gone to/found the face painter would have found them the two girls had there faces painted with beautiful butterflys around the eyes little one was pinky purple she has shocking red/ginger hair and it looked amazing my youngest is a dark brown like mine she had a bright blue and sparkly one done - made her eyes look an intense bright blue instead of gray blue the blue sparkle lips was brilliant too!

anyway after that Friday night
Saturday /yesterday went to Waihi beach for a memorial and ash scattering of an unlce that passed away this time last year
didn't go to the ash scattering part as it has been raining a fair bit which means it was up a muddy track and we don't all have gumboots
so we met the family at the local pub restaurant /cafe section for a coffee (mocha for me - hot chocolate for the girls)
and a late morning tea.. hot chocolate was too rich for the youngest - wow her tastes already starting on the sugar being not so great -just by her choices alone ... having said that she still likes lollies .. just not too many of them
managed the whole day without blowing out my WW points ! really not easy in perspective it was very well done
after that went to the beach
had girls togs in the boot of the car - no towels oh bother - ended up using polar fleece blankets as towels it works and they dry fast so not to bad need to grab them out of the car and wash them now though
and put new togs into the car... sister got a photo of all 3 girls running back to shore in the waves looked like a baywatch scene photo !

stopped at MacDonald's on way home for a late lunch had a create your own taste burger - seared chicken , grilled pineapple 4 long pickles tomato and beetroot wrapped in lettuce no dressings so lighter points then any other options ....
dinner was 2 rice thins and a can of tuna
as only wanted something little later on by then

today is the last day of school holidays all 3 girls are currently at their Nana's need to go get my two and take the other one home..

Warning - Not about weight loss but about the children...

My little one is learning Violin and needs to practice she is also doing theory had homework for it but isnt so sure about doing it - she figured out its because she can not just ask her teacher at the next lesson about it .. normally she does more then is set but because its so long between lessons she is a bit nervous that she wont figure it out . ... so cute...

eldest is doing guitar lessons and loving it ... she can now play
our national anthem quite well has mastered Frère Jacques , In the hall of the Mountain King, Love me tender .. and a few others to busking standards
where her teacher would go busking with her now - so cool! she is 12 at the end of the year had a few different teachers been learning since 8 and is doing beautifully
also is learning Queens we will rock you

We have all been doing so well (me with my weight loss program them with music/swimming) going to see Pete's dragon with the girls as a reward
Old 10-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 313/280/175

Height: 5'5"

I have been noticing some inconsistencies with my scale lately so I purchased a new one since mine is over 3 years old. I have tried replacing the batteries and reseting it but it still takes 5-6 tries to get the same reading. On the upside of that I saw 296 on the scale for a brief second. I have also been having some lady issues that will require a visit to the doc tmro. So stressing over that... We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday so i did a lot of walking which is good. It was cheat day and I wanted a funnel cake so i had one, well half of one. I shared with my youngest. Didn't get a whole lot of water in since a bottle of water cost 2.99!!! So I tried to catch up when I got home but it was late and I was exhausted. Ill get in my million ounces today though Hope everyone else is doing ok ~ A
LadyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:41 PM   #13  
Determind Member

Just sticking my head in (which I feel I seem to do a lot nowadays). I go off to Germany tomorrow morning to do 4 shows with what is called the Scottish Music Parade, we are on Facebook if you want a sneeky peek. The cortisone seems to be doing well so far, however the bruising is a bit ouchy. I keep hitting it off of EVERYTHING, so typical. I hit a nice low this week which meant I got to -35.1lbs down super happy about that. I know i'll muck it up while away with alcohol lol but ill do my best to drunkinly dance off as many calories as possible lol.

I am glad I am not the only one accidentally wiping my conversations lol

I wont be back until Saturday night, so I hope you all have a great week.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #14  

I made cauliflower mash today for dinner. I was worried about it because I'm not a big fan of cauliflower...but...it wasn't bad. I put it through a blender because the masher gave it a rough texture that I didn't like. It's officially on my list of tasty low calorie side dishes. Other than that it's been a pretty boring couple of days.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:23 PM   #15  

Default cauliflower rice

Tried Cauliflower fried rice. .blitz cauliflower to rice texture the fry in wok or pan like you would with previously cooked rice
add other veggies herbs/spices and a bit of meat if you eat it

going well on following my WW plan even though been a bit crook with a cold