Old 07-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #171

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.
This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #2  

Phew! finished the last leg with the last 4 days DRY! I think my mojo may be trying to stick around.

So, from a seat in the boat, sitting high and dry, slathered with sunscreen, I've set my goals for this leg.

1. Track all of my used WW points, good and bad.
2. Keep a healthy,or low point,snack in the car to keep me away from damn drive thrus. I broke down and bought 2pt. bags of WW mini pretzels at the last meeting. They seem to work. Good enough to make me feel good about staying on program but not so good I want to eat bag after bag, in one sitting.
3. Each day find something to make me smile.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #3  

5 days in a row meeting my goals and staying dry!

Last edited by j-ann; 07-12-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:42 PM   #4  

Way to go, Judy! Happy dance!

I'm hanging in there as well. End of the first round of my diet bet is technically tomorrow, but weigh-in is Thursday/Friday, and as of this morning I was a half-pound away from goal. So staying focused!

My goals for the next leg of the journey are pretty much the same: stick to WW points, track everything, work on fiber and hydration and other metabolism-revving strategies. As soon as round 1 ends, I will also up my exercise a bit.

Anyone else in the boat for this leg?

Last edited by Vortex; 07-12-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:30 AM   #5  

WooHoo, Angela! You are so close! Fingers crossed for you.

Day 6 dry is in the books for me!

Hoping our fellow rowers are just on vacation. Mid-July is prime time.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:44 PM   #6  

Great work, Judy! I'm hanging in, too! Gar... I was going to post a link, but because I had to make a new account, I don't have enough posts! Well, visualizing the French Riviera here.... rowing toward shore.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #7  

Day 7 and still dry! Dropped down a point on my dailies. Lost 5.4 over the last week!!

You may be rowing the Riviera, Angela. My side of the boat is trying to keep cool by rowing near the glaciers in Greenland.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #8  

Way to go, Judy! 5.4 in a week is fabulous!

I lost the first round of my diet bet by 0.5 pound. I'm gonna hang in there and hope I can win at least by the third round... 2nd round will be just as hard as the first (9.5 pounds in 30 days). But what I'm doing seems to be working, so I'll up the exercise this week and next and just see how it goes. WW dropped my daily points by 1, so I want to try not to use any more of my weeklies than I've been using (about half of them). Row, row, row our boat....

Last edited by Vortex; 07-16-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:54 PM   #9  

I'm staying dry, but the boat's awfully quiet. Rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby, rock the boat, don't tip the boat over...
Old 07-19-2016, 04:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Phew that was a hard swim to find a life boat - fell out and got left far behind 2 weeks ago - last week grabbed the side and slipped off - paddled and caught up - trying to climb back in - made it by following part the program got a 1.5 pound loss last week....

now to try to stay drier this week ...

Goals - follow my WW plan - both food smart points and fit points - so far so good.....

Vortex - I am trying to not use my weeklies either (yeah that has been going 2 ways - bad and worse.... ) so I have decided to try to only use them for 1-2 points over per day to buffer the day see if that helps ... must drink water - 1.5 litres seems to be a magic # for me
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #11  

Hey, Karen, keep rowing! What I was doing with weeklies was not using them during the week, and using a few on weekends. Now that my dailies went down by one, I found myself using one yesterday and one today... which was not the plan. Transition week, I guess.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #12  

STOP

Head on over to slip 172 where we'll board and venture out again on a new leg of our journey.
[/FONT]