Old 07-21-2016, 12:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #172

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.
This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:07 PM   #2  

Okay, shall we pick a destination?

My goals for this leg are to continue sticking to my WW points, using half or less of my weekly points and to try to keep exercising most days. I'm hoping to get back to early morning walks soon, but before this leg of the journey is over I'll probably have to visit family, and odds are I'll have trouble finding time to exercise then....

I also want to try harder with water. Man, lately I've just been thirsty half the day. Think it might be this heat index...
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

ok what is 10 days in a life boat?
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #4  

I vote we row to New Brunswick, Canada. Whales, salt water and it's not too hot.

Climbed back into the boat yesterday.
My goal is the same as yours Ang. "My goals for this leg are to continue sticking to my WW points, using half or less of my weekly points and to try to keep exercising most days." I've got to do better in my tracking.

Last edited by j-ann; 07-22-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #5  

Somehow I managed to gain most of the 5 lbs I lost last week. I thought I was doing well and was shocked when I weighed in at WW. Then I sat and reviewed the week. 1st two days i screwed up and used all of my extra points. Then I blissfully managed to "forget" about it and went over almost every day. On top of that a friend had given me homemade granola that I snacked on. I'm sure I ate more than I tracked.

On top of that I did something to my back on the night before my morning weigh in and could barely walk. By afternoon My back felt better and I was scooting to the bathroom every hour. I swear I got rid of over a quart of fluid and wonder if I had retained a lot that my body was using to protect whatever I injured in my back.

Rowing gently today and staying POP if it kills me.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #6  

Three days in and still dry! Haven't used any extra points either.

Hot here. I'm enjoying the spray being kicked back by my oars.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

You could always try and row to NZ its pretty cold down here at the moment

Vortex ---re water, do you take a water bottle with you so you can sip when thirsty ?

J-ann Sounds like you have gotten back on track only using those dailies - hope your getting your steps in too!

Last week - slipped out of the life boat climbed back in got back to my WW program stuck religiously to the daily points after using all my weeklies - at least I managed to climb back in then I rowed like mad and It WORKED YAY - shifted 5 pounds away permanently

I'm still working on drink more water less Mocha's .. well down to only one a day... got to survive right?
trying to add in weight training - been trying to do this for ages - well did some sunday and a small stint today - might give it a break Wednesday then try do some Thursday - alternate arms and legs
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:19 AM   #8  

4 Days down. Still dry.

We can all use more water. I'm lucky that I love ice cold water and keep refilled bottles of it in the fridge all the time. I try to do 20 ounces with each meal, a sip in between each bite. It helps slow down my eating. I'm always hearing a WW leader from years ago saying "Don't put food in your mouth, when you already have food in your mouth".

DAVISAG: We set a small goal and try to meet it 10 days in a row. If you mess up a day really awfully you fall in the virtual water. If you don't quite make your daily goal but, on the whole, you did okay, you get splashed. If a fellow rower has a suggestion that might help you, they'll post it. At the end of the leg we start another and change, or just modify, our goals.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:06 AM   #9  

5 days done ...... still dry. YAY!

Karen, just noticed your losses, in your sig! Holy smokes woman! You are doing fantastic things!! Keep it up!

Last edited by j-ann; 07-26-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:30 AM   #10  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

About 10 years ago I joined WW when the original points plan was still being used a lady reached her goal in 6 months, 120 lb. weight loss. (I am currently using it because it ROCKS!) I spoke to her after the meeting and asked her what she did. She said she only used her allotted points everyday and never used the flex points (the 35). I wasn't real fat back then, now I am. I began the old points plan a week ago. I weighed 195 back in 2012 and felt amazing. Depression for the last few years caused an almost 100 lb gain. I have to do this now. I am 51 and cannot go through the rest of my life feeling like crud, when I know how amazing 195 can feel.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #11  

Davisag: Hope you join us, we can always use more hands on the oars.

EMERALDBerry: I'm 49 and my high weight has been 305 or so off and on for years. So we're around the same spot. I'm using WW too. Hope you'll feel free to join us and set some 10-day goals too!

Karen: Way to go!!!!!

Judy: Glad you're staying dry.

Me, I'm mostly dry. Eating has been fine, but I'm a little behind with exercise. This week is really crazy--on top of my regular summer course I'm teaching (which, believe me, is a full-time task), I'm leading a session for our "summer camp" 3 hours each morning. Between getting ready to teach and teaching I haven't even been getting enough sleep, and I haven't exercised in a few days. Tonight I should be able to squeeze some kickboxing in, because what I need to do to prepare for tomorrow is watch some video, so I can watch and kick box at the same time.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:54 PM   #12  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Vortex, I am in a 20 pound challenge by the end of Summer. =) By the way, I have been staying inside my points allotment. Was just getting ready to go have 2 eggs when I have already used all my points today, but I came to check on any new posts and saw yours. Now I am NOT going to eat extra. =) Your post helped me. Thanks so much!
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:30 AM   #13  

Welcome EMERALDberry! Grab an oar. There are life vests if you need one.

Angela, Your schedule makes me tired. You are handling it well though.

I'm still dry. Good thing there was nothing crunchy in the apt. last night. I battled with head hunger all evening. Still POP and I still have all my extra points. Weigh in tomorrow so today I'll be very careful.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:16 PM   #14  

Way to go, EMERALDBerry and Judy!

Had to go to a BBQ with the summer campers today, didn't know what would be served. I did a black bean burger and a hot dog, just totally guessing at what the point values would be, and ended up at 9 points, which leaves me a snack. But no fruit or veggies???? That's no way to feed a bunch of teenagers

Rowing, rowing, rowing....
Old 07-28-2016, 10:54 AM   #15  

Weigh in today. Remember last week where I gained 5 lbs and thought some it might be water protecting whatever I'd done to my back? Well I guess it was because even with having a perfect week food wise I did not expect to lose 9.2 lbs this week. But ...... I did!
I'm happily rowing away today.