Old 06-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #16  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on only gaining one kg., Calda!

My legs are in pretty good shape today. They really respond to the weather! Today it's been a nice blue sky with just a few cumulus clouds.

Where is everybody else?
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Had another good day at the gym. We are doing another challenge, and my challenge today was to do a 2 minute wall sit, and a 2 minute plank, and I surprised myself and everyone else when I managed to do both of them! Looking forward to the weekend, I am hoping to go and visit my best friend who lives about 14 hours from me, she is supposed to be coming home this weekend, so fingers crossed I can go and see her! Hope everyone is doing well.
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #18  

Hi everyone! So I went to weigh myself this morning and I about died of excitement when the scale read 298! I was freaking out. But then I started to think about it and was like no.... that's a little too good to be true. Turns out the scale was off balance a bit and I haven't reached the 200's yet but getting closer. 302 this morning. I guess I'll take it and put in a little extra work to get to 298.

Have a good day everyone!
TheCrankyCamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:05 AM   #19  

Well done CrankyCamel! Keep on keeping on!
Old 06-09-2016, 06:52 AM   #20  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Well done crankycamel

I am currently 310 these last 10lbs of the 300 club are frustrating me. I have been under it many times, for some reason this time its harder to shift. I had a plan since January to be 299 by the end of June. I doubt I'll get there now, but I will work really hard to at least get most of it off.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning guys,

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting regularly it's definitely not like me as of late. Ever since I got home from Virginia I've just been trying to get my bearings on life and everything going on around me. Not too much is changed but just needing to get my house in order and my mind back in losing weight. I haven't completely stopped eating right I just haven't been watching everything I eat as hard-core as I have been. I went to the gym on Wednesday for the first time in a really long time. It was nice and it wasn't busy which was even better. I've been working at home up until recently but since I took my trip I haven't really been doing any working out at all. I guess I've just been really lazy and I'm kind of getting tired of that. I felt really good going to the gym so I think that something I want to try to get back to doing most of the time now. I'm thinking about going Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and maybe on Tuesdays and Thursdays work out at home or do some sort of resistance training to help ease my muscles. I have a networking out that hard, five days a week in a while. I think that's what I need to get my weight-loss jumping back to where it needs to be. As of this morning I'm up to 211. I'm not happy about it and i'm ready to get back back out there and make my changes to get the rest of this weight off. I don't want to see a creep back up I need to keep this off forever. My plan today is to possibly go to the gym after work I'm waiting on DH to get home so I can see if you'd like to come with me. He said he saw a photo of himself that I took a few months back and hated what he saw. I hope he's really serious about it this time but I really don't want to be in his face about losing weight it's something you have to decide on your own to do I feel. Speaking of GH, I thought I had said what type of band he was in but he is in a rock 'n' roll band I guess she would say, kind of like 80s new wave that with a mix of rock 'n' roll. They're starting to do a couple a new different things and going to be adding in drum is machine style sounds kind of like New Order. They do have an album out, I believe most of their songs are on the website ReverbNation. They are set to go back into the studio this August to start working on some new recordings. Here is a link to their page.

I'm sorry I don't have time to do any personals today but please know that I'm thinking about you. I hope everyone is having a good summer so far and I'm hoping to lose this weight and possibly a little more by end of year. I don't believe I will make my ultimate goal weight this year but maybe by sometime next year that will actually happen. I'm getting comfortable with my body now and I'm to the point where even if I don't make that wait as long as I am happy and healthy that's all that matters to me now. I would like to eventually get my excess skin removed, but as you know that it's pointless for me at this point in my life and will need to wait to see what happens. On the bright side, people are still saying that I look like I've lost weight since the last time they saw me. Maybe my weight is shifting on my body into different places that makes me look thinner? I really don't know maybe they're just trying to be nice.

I need to finish getting ready for work. Will try to get better at posting again on the daily. Hopefully everything gets back to normal soon. Take care my friend! Have a great day.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:54 AM   #22  

SamIAm, sounds like we are fighting the same battle with our loved ones. I wish mine would wake up to himself! I too, am sick of being in his face about his weight. He whinges about his looks, yet isn't actively trying to do anything about it. He has lost a couple of kilos on the weight loss tablets, but wont pare it with good food and exercise. So frustrating!
Old 06-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #23  

Calda I stopped trying to help a long time ago. I was the same way when people tried to help me lose weight. You just have to be ready for it and no one can tell you when that is but you. I want him to just feel good about himself regardless of his weight. When he's ready to do it he will. Anything else will just push my DH further away so I try to give him plenty of space.

Looks quiet here today. I went to the market and got a few things. Was supposed to start on my closet today but DH took a long afternoon nap so that's for tomorrow I guess. I didn't go to the gym today because I thought that's what we were going to do but I guess it's okay anyway. My arms are very sore still from my workout on Wednesday and last night I went to the gym too. I managed not to die on the stair climber and did 20 minutes. A lot better than when I tried sometime last year and could only do 5. I think it said I got close to 90 flights of stairs. I also worked on legs. I'm a little sore from that but not as bad as I thought I would be. On my way home last night I really thought about how good I felt after leaving the gym. As much as I like working out from home I think it's time to get back to the gym as much as I can. I'm thinking about trying to go every day diring the week if I can and have weekends off if I want to. I'm ready to get my head back 100% in the game and get this weight off for good! I even started tracking my calories with MFP and am trying to do it as accurately as possible. I'm going to need to get a digital scale for my food but for now I'm measuring out everything and eye balling on meats until I can get one. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! Tomorrow I plan to weigh in so we'll see if my weight has changed from the little exercise I did this week and the salads I ate for lunch.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #24  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I don't have much to report, except the news that my insurance company finally caved in and shipped the cannabinoid pain reliever: their website says iit should get to me tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it. I've walked around the house quite a bit over the past three days. My legs are protesting loudly.

I made a new collage, an autobiographical one: "home stomping ground"

Am I trying to lose weight? Yes, I've been doing a very loose version of the intermittent fasting plan, occasionally going without any food after 12 noon. And Bob has been making salads for me—a nice development, since I still can't walk well enough to go grocery shopping for myself. Maybe when the 22nd (my monthly weigh-in) rolls around, I'll have good news to report.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:36 AM   #25  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hiya everyone! I am so sorry I have been MIA again! I have had a Welsh exam ......took me back 30 years to my French O level! Talk about stressful. I mixed up "he" and "she" but corrected myself I am glad to say. I am going on a whole week of Welsh summer school soon as my Welsh has to be better for me to have a hope of getting a job in a school in this area. I am THRILLED to say that my chest has been good for almost 4 weeks now. That is the longest gap I have had for over 2 and a half years so I am so pleased and hopeful that I have finally turned the corner!
Diet and exercise -wise it has been a mixed bag but I keep on trying to shed those pounds!
I have a Psychology essay to complete in the next week or so and some job applications so I am busy!
Sam......I am so sorry that you are struggling at the moment. It is so difficult to see those we love struggle with their weight. I worry about my Sam.....he has quite a tummy and hates exercise so I struggle to motivate him!
To everybody else......I have been thinking of you all...keep up the good work! I will do personals to everybody next time. I am off to take my frien's dog to the vet...remember the one sided friendship I mentioned? Well the saga continues.
God Bless and have a great day
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:22 AM   #26  

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in to say I had my very first Zumba class today and survived! Will be feeling it tomorrow! I hope everyone is having a fabulous week!
Old 06-14-2016, 02:33 PM   #27  

Hello all,

Still at work but wanted to just let everyone know I'm doing okay. I was too tired last night after getting home from the gym that I didn't feel like posting.

I'm doing good though. I have decided to get strict with myself again and I'm measuring out every little thing I eat, make sure I get a gallon of water in every day and am planning on trying to go to the gym 5 days a week, all through the work week so I can have weekends off to just chill if I want or do minor exercise like going on walks with DH and that of the like. I'm trying new things at the gym too. I was able to do the stair climber for 20 minutes last week, and last night I did the arc trainer machine and really loved that! I think that's going to be my new cardio machine I use when I go. It really works the legs. Last night I did abs and I'm feeling it for sure, especially in the obliques. Tonight I'm either going to do chest and back, or just shoulders. I didn't see the scale move when I weighed in on Sunday but I'm considering this my full week to be back on track 100% and see how that helps me this week. I only got in 2 days last week at the gym, but Sunday was a huge clean out day for me. Finally went through my closet.

No personals for today but hope everyone is doing well! Donna Glad you are feeling better dear!! You need to stop doing for everyone though...it's not fair to you and it's not a real friendship if the other person is not bringing anything to the table.

Later babes!
Old 06-15-2016, 08:43 PM   #28  

Helloooo?!?!?!?

Where is everyone?????

Checking in...everything is going really good this week. I'm 3 for 3 for my workouts so far this week. Job finished a great shoulder session. The arc trainer is starting to become my favorite machine for cardio. It really works the legs and I can do bursts of going really fast with ease. I've never been able to run on a treadmill because if I can't hang on I feel like I'm going to fall off. This gives me the great opportunity to do some hiit on the machine. I hope that helps me with getting my weight loss to kick start again.

On the eating front I'm doing VERY well. I'm really feeling good overall.

My girlfriend that got gastric bypass is healing well. I was going to make the trek to NC this weekend to visit her. It's probably been close to a year since I've been able to see her with things going on in both of our lives. However my cousin is in town until Saturday and I'm being guilt tripped into seeing her. Not sure if you remember her...she's the one who has the psych degree and has diagnosed me with an eating disorder last year....now she works with people who have eating disorders since she just got her masters. Seriously why would I want to see her? She tries to contact me every so often but I usually only keep my contact to a minimum. She never apologized or tell me she was wrong so why would I bother? Apparently my mother has failed to remember that and my grandma doesn't know. This girl is the golden child to my grandma and although she doesn't usually automatically take her side or anything but she would probably say I took it the wrong way. So I guess after the gym on Friday I'm going to stop by on my way home to keep it a short visit because I "need a shower" and "Rob is waiting for me so we can eat dinner together". It's really pretty sad that I have to even go through this mess.

I hope everyone else is doing okay. Makes me worry when a bunch of people are MIA at the same time. We can do it guys!!! Don't give up!! Stay well lovelys!
Old 06-16-2016, 04:15 AM   #29  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hay!!!

SamIam: glad you're on track, and it's always a great feeling when you get all 3 workouts in. I'm sorry that you need to deal with your cousin, it's so unprofessional to phyc on your family when they havn't asked for it. If you believe in people who read dreams, I can. But when someone tells me about a weird dream they had, I don't go analysing it without their permission. Just uncool. I hope the meet isn't too bad.

My brother in law and sister went on holiday for a week, and because I haven't started my new job yet, I was drafted in to do my BIL's shifts at my aunts cleaning business. It's only 2 and a half hours in the morning, but it's hard grafting especially for someone at 311lbs. The sweat is pouring off me the whole time. I mean it's great that I'm working out, but I am not a morning person at all. So when I come home, within about 5 minutes I'm struggling to stay awake, then I need to go back to bed for an hour or so. I only have one more shift left tomorrow (fri) until I go on holiday to a cabin with the family.

Hope all is well with you guys!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:03 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi All - I ran away for a holiday for a couple of weeks - am back now have been for a week and am finally getting back to normal in my every day life - need to get back on to the WW program and get going again
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote