Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default 300 Plus and Getting Fit After 40, March #331

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.

Last edited by gggirls; 03-09-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:16 AM   #2  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Hello. Did you forget the rest of the title? "300 and getting fit after 40 #331" or is this a different thread?
Old 03-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #3  

Wow it's March!! Now where is Spring????? I am so ready!! Tired of coughing and sinus crude.
We had light freezing rain today and now the sun is shinning. I can't wait to get outside and walk. I can't wait to look for signs of spring. I am already thinking ahead to my garden.
We had Mexican for lunch yesterday and I tasted it all night. I did really well there. Today for breakfast I ate leftover fajita mix as breakfast. It was really good. Dinner today will be a burger and tator tots. I'm not a tot fan so no issue there for me.
Tomorrow I will make a big pot of veggie soup. I'm going with hubby to the dr on wed so he is planning on red lobster as our lunch. I will eat a sailor platter. I am not sure what's on the menu for wed night at church. I am coughing a lot so I'm skipping church today.
Hope carol has a blast on her vacation!

Last edited by dgramie; 03-01-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #4  

Tootsie I am not sure what happened. Judy has sent a message to our mod to get it fixed. Sorry for the confusion. Sometimes I hate using my phone for internet.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening Chicks…

I hope each of you had a wonderful day and are feeling awesome!!! I wanted to drop you a note before bedtime…

Mountain – I know that staying motivated is the hardest part sometimes… especially when we have little setbacks… right now things are going pretty good… having some minor victories to keep me motivated… so that helps a lot…

Ubee – I hope all is well with you… You motivated me to make cabbage later today… the good part is that I will get to take it for lunch a couple of days as well… yummy and thanks!!!

I am so ready for this ice to melt off and for spring to do its thing… LOL… I want to get out and walk… it is hard trying to get my steps in here in the house… I ran to the grocery store after church and went down every aisle to get in some extra steps… it was to be rainy here all day but not as cold as it has been lately with a high in the low 40s… I got a lot of minor stuff done yesterday… I think I washed every blanket in the house… and just picked up this and that… I have several other things I want to get done too…

I am going to go for now… I hope each of you had a blessedly perfect ON PLAN Sunday!!!
Old 03-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #6  

Another snow storm. I want spring!!!
Old 03-02-2015, 05:25 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

We have our name back!

I'm struggling and need to get back on track. Step one, will be to preplan all of tomorrow's meals and snacks tonight. Step two - Stick to the plan!

Last edited by j-ann; 03-02-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think I made it easier to find this thread... hope so.

Wow, I am struggling to get myself into a mind set where weight loss is possible. How is it possible to get myself so lost in the weeds? I feel like even getting motivated to do basic exercise is too much.

As for food, I've made some improvements -- cooking more, getting more fruits/veg. But I'm still eating too much.

I know I'm worried about my long term health, and yet... can't make myself do what needs to be done. I don't get it.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Back from vacation late last night. All that was in the house was healthy choices so I've been POP today. Was very active while gone. Not stepping on the scale - lots of water retention - could hardly get my dress shoes on.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 304/304/125

Height: 5'3.5"

I am starting again for the 100th time this year though this time seems to be going much better. Granted, it has only been 2 days. I'm 41 and weigh 310. I need lots of support. I have an unsupportive spouse who is not fat and loves to sabotage.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #11  

Welcome weight loss to our thread. I am trying after a large gain. I have gained back 3/4 of what I lost 7 yrs ago.
I have no energy and know it's due to weight. I have already used the gazelle today and plan to do it again tonight.
Meals are planned and will be healthy.
Had a new granddaughter born yesterday and she is PERFECT!!!
She is my motivation this time. I'm having to stay after hubby his glucose has been bad.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 304/304/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Thank you and congratulations on your new granddaughter.

I had also lost a substantial amount of weight about 6 years ago. I was 365 and managed to get down to 245. Then I got pregnant with my son and ballooned up to 297 and then got down to 280 and was starting to lose weight again, but got pregnant with my daughter who is now 19 months old. During my pregnancy, I got down to 267 (due to fairly intense nausea throughout my pregnancy and following a diet for late term gestational diabetes). Now just 19 months later, I am at 310. I had gotten as high as 325. So, I guess 310 is better than 325. Anyway, i'm really struggling.

I am planning on going in a few days. Unfortunately, it is also hard getting back into the swing of things when I have a 5 year old and a 19 month baby at home.

What kind of diet are you following?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
Welcome weight loss to our thread. I am trying after a large gain. I have gained back 3/4 of what I lost 7 yrs ago.
I have no energy and know it's due to weight. I have already used the gazelle today and plan to do it again tonight.
Meals are planned and will be healthy.
Had a new granddaughter born yesterday and she is PERFECT!!!
She is my motivation this time. I'm having to stay after hubby his glucose has been bad.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

on the new grand daughter Deb.

Still struggling here.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #14  

I count calories , watch bad carbs and try to cook more often. I also use slimfast as a crutch when I'm lazy or no time for lunch.
Today is going good. Food is planned.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:29 AM   #15  

I ate a bit much at church last night. My stomach rebelled and I was in the bathroom a lot. I think the eggs disagreed with me.
Today I have bunco so I will be sure and drink a slimfast as lunch. We have fingerfoods. I am starting to get burnt out on them. Tonight I will try and focus on healthy.
It was such a nice day yesterday and I took my little ones on a walk. It felt wonderful!!
I'm taking off 3 hrs early to go hold my granddaughter. She got home yesterday and was tired. So I finally get to snuggle with her today!!
Closed Thread