3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300 Plus And Getting Fit After 40 #325 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/298961-300-plus-getting-fit-after-40-325-a.html)

j-ann 09-01-2014 08:49 PM

300 Plus And Getting Fit After 40 #325

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.

j-ann 09-01-2014 09:07 PM

Carol must be celebrating Labor Day so I started this month's thread.

I've had a great 3 days. Car is on the fritz and my mechanic and the dealer have both been closed. I've been "trapped" :) at home with no junk in the house, so I've been POP by force and guess what. I'm NOT hungry and I'm having a hard time eating all of my daily points.

Sure hope I can keep up the eating only at home habit.

Vortex_VVV 09-01-2014 09:15 PM

WTG, Judy!

I've been stressed and off track. Trying to just keep moving forward. Tomorrow I'm visiting 4 high school classes an hour away, so that will eat up my whole work day, and I'll be eating all 3 meals in restaurants!

The good part of that is, I'll be able to go to foodie type restaurants where I should be able to make healthy choices. So all I have to do is choose wisely. I will choose wisely.

The other thing I want to do is to start recording my exercise with an estimate of calories burned. I really, really need to get back into the exercise habit because of illness that seems to be made worse by inactivity, so I'm hoping to see if I can't use that to jump-start my weight loss. So I'll have to make sure I get some exercise in during the day as well as evening tomorrow.

Here's to a great new month.

dgramie 09-02-2014 07:06 AM

I'm ready to get on track. I actually had a great weekend and stayed pretty close to calories. I got lots of exercise yesterday doing yard work.
Hubby is on board for eating healthy. It makes it so much easier for me when he is on board.
Today we will do a DVD. Hoping to start walking outside when it cools down.

dgramie 09-02-2014 10:23 AM

Weight is 266 today and I just took my measurements. OUCH!! That was a wake up call!! Ok I will retake measurements oct 1.

gggirls 09-02-2014 07:57 PM

Here I am slinking back in - if that's possible at 330 lbs. OK - that's over with!

The day after Labor Day has always had some "magic" for me. Today was my first POP day in a very long time. Calories are low but I'll take it!

I have recorded each bite on TDP and have more steps on my fitbit than in some time.

Now that I have the weight confession out of the way I will commit to post daily!

j-ann 09-02-2014 08:33 PM

Carol, I think I can speak for all of us and say that we all have your back and are thrilled to see you being successful on day one. It's great to see your face. We all missed you.

Angela, You know your body, and exercise is a big key to your weight loss. Go for it! Good luck doing the eat out thing. :)

Deb, So glad your DH is back on board. It will take a big weight off your shoulders if you can put one worry behind you.

I'm still trapped without a vehicle so I'm still POP and will be for one more day. Then I'll have a loaner. Good thing. I'll need to grocery shop.

dgramie 09-02-2014 08:56 PM

Really good day! We didn't exercise today but planned it for morning.

dgramie 09-03-2014 07:55 AM

We did a half mile of our DVD. Whew I'm out of shape. We will increase it Monday to a mile. Food is planned for today. I have church tonight and should be fine calorie wise.
I'm so ready for fall temps. I want to be outside more.
I'm back to knitting and will start making ruffle scarves soon. Hoping to sell some this yr again.
My daughter is 12 wks today. I am so excited about this baby. She is still pretty sick at her stomach.
Angela- how is work going?
Judy- hope you get your car back today!
Übee- how are u?
Carol- even though we message daily I am so happy to have you back here.
Heather, Ruth any anyone else please join in and chat with us.

Ubee 09-03-2014 10:27 AM

Hi Everyone!
Deb I am lurking and cheering all of you on as always!

Vortex_VVV 09-03-2014 06:48 PM

Hi all, good to see you Carol, Ubee.

Judy, don't go to the grocery store hungry!

j-ann 09-03-2014 07:09 PM

I've reached the point where I can't eat all of my points. I just forced myself to eat a small dinner. Feels weird.

Will be careful at the store Angela. Thanks for the reminder.

I'll be out of town Friday until Sunday night so I'm sure I'll be eating normally, carefully but normally, then.

gggirls 09-03-2014 08:27 PM

It feels so good to be back here with you all sharing this journey.

Healthy food really tasted good today (and yesterday) and again I wonder why ever do anything different.

The dogs think I'm crazy walking around the pool - not ready to take on the neighborhood.

Looking forward to day 3 tomorrow.

dgramie 09-04-2014 06:45 AM

I skipped cake at church!! Woohoo! This time I knew it was good because I had to make 2 cakes for church.
We had tacos and I made a salad and limited my chips. Next time I may just crumble a few on top.
Tonight we are having pinto beans. I cooked the pot on Sunday. I am allowing myself a serving of beans and 1 corn muffin.
I noticed my energy was up yesterday after just 10 min of exercise. We will repeat the walk in a few minutes.
So excited to have more activity on our thread!

j-ann 09-04-2014 04:51 PM

Good choices Deb!

Carol: Walking around the pool will get boring fast. Hope you're singing or something while you're walking. :) :)

Car is fixed. Was $300 which is a lot less than the $3000+ that I expected. My isolation is over! Hope I can keep up the good habits I've been practicing while stuck with no vehicle.

Off to pack for a weekend away.
WW was a success. I lost 3.4 pounds. Staying home paid off!