3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300 Plus And Getting Fit After 40 #325 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/298961-300-plus-getting-fit-after-40-325-a.html)

mountain walker 09-12-2014 11:09 AM

I hope this isn't TMI ladies, so brace yourselves!
I have a sweat rash in both of my groins...I know it's related to me moving my barn-door sized butt again ( it's quite warm here too....not by international standards but by Welsh standards!) I have tried good old baby nappy rash cream Sudacrem to no avail......does any body have any suggestions? Is keeping it dry with a talc better than a cream? My undergarments are looser now so don't dig in and I haven't changed my washing powder!
Help!
Thank you....hope I haven't grossed you all out!!

dgramie 09-12-2014 01:52 PM

Walker could it be yeast? If do anything with cornstarch will feed it. Try anti fungal creams or sprays.
Bek- welcome back.
Judy- hope you are having a good day!
Carol and Angela - how are you?
Übee- come out of hiding.
Heather and Ruth- we love and miss you
Same goes for others.

I'm doing ok. Still struggling to learn what hurts my stomach. It appears the list just keeps growing.
Scales are down.
Lots of stress around me. Just a lot of sicken to worry about and at times I think that might be part of my stomach issue. For those who pray keep 2 of my sisters in your prayers.

Shannon1923 09-12-2014 09:49 PM

Hi ladies,
My name is Shannon and I am new here. I signed up a year ago but never stuck with it because of a deep depression. But I am really motivated and have been working on my eating for 7 days now. I weigh about 350/360, but do not have a scale(last weight a Dr's office) I am 5'7 and have a goal of 160.
I am 43 yrs old and a stay at home mom with a 14 yr old daughter and a 13 yr old son. I am married and do not work. I have had a lot of health problems in the last 10 years especially with my legs. I have venous stasis disease which is a chronic venous insufficiency that causes ulcers (similar to diabetic ulcers) to form on my lower legs that are difficult to heal. I am not on a specific "plan" write now but I am trying to make major lifestyle changes to my eating habits and overall lifestyle. I am a fast food junkie but I have decided to cut that out of my diet, and this past week I have done great. I get up and drink an all natural zipfizz, 8 oz of green machine smoothie and eat a couple hard boiled eggs. Then I eat a turkey and tomato sandwich and a big salad for lunch and then dinners I just eat small portions and include another serving of the smoothie and salad. I am allowing myself a "treat" like a small pudding cup or something each day, as I feel if I try to completely deprive myself I will eventually give in and feel like a failure and give up. I used to sleep most of my day away because of lack of energy and depression but I have truly noticed a HUGE boost in my mood and my energy level. My biggest concern has been getting moving. I tried walking but I can only get across the street and back before I feel like I am going to die and it is really hard on my legs. I have been immobile and very inactive for so many years now with multiple hospital stays etc... but I KNOW if I don't exercise this will not work. My biggest need though is friends. I don't have any local friends to support me or share with because I have isolated myself too much and its very emotionally and mentally unhealthy. I started seeing a counselor yesterday and she is very nice and I will be seeing her once a week. I hope to get to know some ladies here and would love to PM anyone who might like to develop a friendship or weight loss buddy. Thanks for listening..... Shannon
360/?/160 43yrs

shinesgirl 09-12-2014 11:29 PM

Hi Shannon - Good for you making all these hard changes on your own - being aware of what you're eating really ought to help kick-start things! I hope everything brightens up for you soon! (edited for typos, lol)

mountain walker 09-13-2014 07:54 AM

Shannon, I absolutely understand the isolation. It is difficult to think that people may like you when you really don't like yourself much at times. That makes you avoid social situations....or feel awkward and then people stop asking you to things....welcome to my world. I am so glad you have started with a counsellor....I started with a wonderful Therapist a few weeks ago after many many years of mental and physical health problems which are inevitably connected. I moved to where I am living a year ago and am somewhat geographically isolated too which just exacerbates the difficulties.
I have found this forum extremely helpful and downright caring which is heartwarming.
I am on the "wrong" side of the Atlantic......I live in Wales UK.......but it sounds like you have a lot of the difficulties I do, so I would love to PM for extra support.
Big Hugs from Wales.
Donna

gggirls 09-13-2014 09:14 AM

Good morning all! It's unseasonably brisk this morning here in the midwest.

I can't believe I haven't been here in several days. It's so nice to see all the posting - welcome Shannon! This is a wonderful place for support as we all face the struggles of being 300+ (if not now, at some point). Please keep posting and ready. Walker - good to see you too!

I've been POP all week. I am back to basics with calorie counting and recording each bite. Still working on the exercise portion but I am being mindful of the steps my fitbit records.

Judy - your weekend sounds like it was wonderful except for the sitting.

Angela - work your plan, fix your food the night before to have ready to grab and go (I learned this from you and it makes such a difference).

Deb - hope that as the scale goes down your refux improves.

Ruth and Heather - you are missed! Hope you are at least lurking.

Here's to a POP day!

Shannon1923 09-13-2014 01:42 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am feeling a bit frustrated as I have no way of weighing myself. Are their home scales that can weigh 350 to 370? I guess I just want to know exactly where I am starting. Last time I got weighed I was 349 but I think I had gained at least 10 to 20 lbs but no sure. I definitely "feel" better. MUCH more alert and more energy which in turn gives me a more positive outlook on things.

What do some of you girls do when you get the urge to eat something but know you shouldn't.... Right now I just tell myself "no, you don't need, or Just wait" but it's hard sometimes. Does this obsession with thinking about food all the time lesson?

dgramie 09-14-2014 11:41 AM

I am counting sat as my weigh day. I lost 2 lbs. so that makes six in 2 wks.
We ate lunch out yesterday and I made good choices. I was op except for 2 unplanned glasses of wine.
Today food is planned for the next few days.
Church this morning and then cleaning and garden work. I know I have tons of peppers just hanging waiting to be picked.
Have a great weekend everyone!!

j-ann 09-15-2014 07:59 AM

Morning, I did not have the best weekend. Today I ill do my best to stay OP.

Congrats Deb. Consistant loss means you are doing it right!

Shannon, try Target or even Walmart. I got a WW scale that goes to at least 350. It might go higher. You can also check on line. Good luck!

Lucy Lastic 09-15-2014 05:52 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in. Had a crappy weekend and stressful weekend, so diet wasn't the best. Am pleased because it could have been worse.

Mountain Walker - I used to have the same problem as I live in a climate that I find very warm most of the year. Johnson & Johnson (A baby product manufacturer) make a baby powder called Pure Corn starch Aloe Vera and vitamin E. I had used all sorts of barrier creams, antifungals etc and noting worked. This stuff is like a magic powder and I keep a bottle of it in my work bag all of the time. It's fab for excoriation under your boobs as well.

Nice to meet you Shannen.

Lovely to see everyone else too.

Bek.

gggirls 09-15-2014 06:58 PM

I did great all weekend until last night after 7 pm. Then everything fell apart. One positive - everything was recorded. Working to pull it together today.

Vortex_VVV 09-15-2014 09:44 PM

Hi all.

Welcome Shannon and mountain walker.

Shannon, when I'm doing well, this is what I do when I'm hungry and it's not meal time: I eat something that's very low calorie, usually sugar free jello or baby carrots. I do Weight Watchers, so if I'm willing to spend a point, I'll mix a sugar free jello with a cup of no-sugar added fruit and a couple teaspoons of sugar-free kool whip. Very filling. Chicken or beef broth is also filling, or sugar-free cocoa.

If I just say "No, I'm not going to eat anything," I'll usually end up holding out for a while and then eating something I really shouldn't eat.

Walker, someone talked me out of talcum a while back and I've never regretted ditching it. Here's what I do instead: keep the area dry using alcohol swabs (this burns, if my skin has gotten raw) and then follow up with antibiotic ointment (which soothes the burning and seems to heal things up).

I'm wiped, so hello to all and I'll try to be back tomorrow!

mountain walker 09-16-2014 02:58 AM

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I have decided to swallow my embarrassment and go to the nurse this morning, as it actually kept me awake last night. I think talc may be the way to go as a preventative but I think it may need an antifungal to treat it!
I know you get used to heat when you live in it constantly but we are having some late sun and higher than usual temperatures which I am struggling to exercise in with all my rubbing together bits!

dgramie 09-16-2014 09:02 AM

I had a super busy day canning red tomato relish yesterday. It is a lot of work but will taste so good. I ended up with 13 pints.
I was wiped by dinner time and ended up getting wings off the schawns truck. They were not breaded so not a horrible choice for dinner.
My knee is bothering me a bit. It's been so much better and I guess new shoes set it off. I found my insoles and have them in today.
The wings were super high in sodium so I'm a bit puffy today. Lots of water will be the plan for today.
Hoping to be outside some today but it's cool and not sure the kids will be dressed for it.
Hoping to mow the yard today. So that may count as my exercise for the day.
Walker- let us know what the dr says. I use powder daily under the boobs and belly flap.

dgramie 09-17-2014 02:51 PM

Walker what did the dr think? We all have been through it and wonder what's the best treatment.
I ate a bit much at dinner last night. Not horrible but more than I should have.