New Years Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 27 of 33
Go to
  • Katt your work is amazing. You are so talented. Like the kitties the best! Your picture reminded me that long over lean is very flattering to women with our shapes. I love your babble. It keeps me coming back, when I should be hiding in shame. (OK so I never was one for the shame game but you know what I mean.)
    Wana I noticed you made it into the 220's! That is a huge goal of mine! Good for you!
    Sunny 24 pounds down is amazing! I hope you are proud of yourself!
    Gurl glad you are not letting TOM play mind games with you!
    I'm feeling more with it lately. Glad to be back from wacky world.
  • Starting weight: 310

Goal weight: 175

Week 01 - JAN 08 - JAN 14: 309.8
    Week 02 - JAN 15 - JAN 21: 302.4
    Week 03 - JAN 22 - JAN 28: 297.6
    Week 04 - JAN 29 - FEB 04: 295.0
    Week 05 - FEB 05 - FEB 12: 292.0
    Week 06 - FEB 13 - FEB 19: 288.2
    Week 07 - FEB 20 - FEB 25: 288.0
    Week 08 - FEB 26 - MAR 05: 277.2 (one day late to be on official WI day)
    Week 09 - MAR 06 - MAR 11:277.0
    Week 10 - MAR 12 - MAR 18: 275.0

Week 11 - MAR 19 - MAR 25:
    Week 12 - MAR 26 - APR 01:
    Week 13 - APR 02 - APR 08:
    Week 14 - APR 09 - APR 15:
    Week 15 - APR 16 - APR 22:
    Week 16 - APR 23 - APR 29:

Katt I am feeling great! Clothes are feeling great again and Im seeing one chin again lol.
    I am always here, sorry I haven't been responding...days have just been busy with spring break and stuff....but I am back
    Im still 100% and staying strong. The weightless helps me to not even have to think about staying OP.

Thank you all for the continuous support
  • Oh Ubee... me too! I felt great and was dating when I was in the 220's... oh about 22 years ago! It is feel good decade. YOU will get here! yes you will! I just know it!

My eyes are now on Onderland. Have not seen that in 30 years! Since the day I moved here to Florida. Oh that will be an accomplishment when this happens (soon I hope)... NOTE: I am gonna try skipping (my name) this weekend and I will laugh as I try.. I just know that for sure!
  • WOW! Sweetenuf! You really are dropping it!
    Wana it must be mind blowing to be thinking about Onderland! Keep up the good work you are such an inspiration!
  • Hello Ubee.... It is amazing to be even thinking of Onderland. It took me 13 months to lose 90+ lbs. - so I know it won't be tomorrow... but it will happen in a few tomorrows!... Like they say.. time goes on and why not do something good for yourself during that time you are spending. The results will show. Last year this time I had made it to the low 290's and I knew I was going to keep going. HUGS to you UBEE

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!
  • Good Day!
    Wana thanks for taking the time to write that positive post.
    I have a question for everyone. Do you find that when you get down to your original "If I could only get down to ??? I would be so happy!" and then you are like, "This is nice but I want to get down to ???" ?
    I know we want to strive for more. I just wonder as some of us get older will we be content at a higher weight which will not be such a struggle to maintain?
    Sorry for the babble but a lot is floating around in my little grape today.
  • Ubee, I should be able to answer your question by this summer :P
  • Quote: Good Day!
    Wana thanks for taking the time to write that positive post.
    I have a question for everyone. Do you find that when you get down to your original "If I could only get down to ??? I would be so happy!" and then you are like, "This is nice but I want to get down to ???" ?
    I know we want to strive for more. I just wonder as some of us get older will we be content at a higher weight which will not be such a struggle to maintain?
    Sorry for the babble but a lot is floating around in my little grape today.
    Hey hun ... as I haven't reached my big goal quite yet I can't honestly say BUT .... as I am getting nearer to it I am thinking of taking it lower ... putting it into KG instead of LBS (which is what I do in NZ but I change it for on here lol) ... Originally I was 164kg .... then last August I had reached 144kg ... this gave me a goal of 120 for my wedding (cos I wanted a round figure otherwise it would have been a 20kg target lol). My next goal was already in mind when I started in August of 110kg because that is what I was when my hunny and I met ... and when we met I was on a weight loss journey down to 100kg as my first stop ... soooo my original big goal became 100kg .. NOW as I am approaching that Im thinking more 90-95kg .... changing that into pounds I will still be regarded as overweight etc ... but the last time I was near this weight I was about 17 years old and 3 inches shorter lol .. and my bones stuck out .. so I can honestly say I have big bones
    I am in awe of the targets I see on here that start with a 1 .. because in all honesty that is not something I have ever considered aiming for even if it is the "ideal" target zone ... but as long as I am healthy I am happy having those extra pounds to get me through a winter in case I get sick ... and then there is all this loose skin that is not dwindling At some point it may come to the time that I will have the op to get it all off ... and lord knows what that might do to my weight result ... sooooo ... do I think as I get older the higher weight goal is a better option ... ummm ... I think it depends on how your health is affected .. I think as long as you are able to do what you want to every day .. that you can breathe well and live happy ... then your weight "ideal" should be secondary.

I have a friend who is half my size .. she put on a little weight when she had her baby and has managed to lose most of it ... but she is eternally sick in one way or another .. colds, flus, coughs .. name a bug she catches it ... so I would rather have the few extra pounds and better health lol

Hi everyone .. little quiet over my way ... not a lot happening but just thought I better pop in to say HI to you all and hope you are having a good weekend. Hunny took me out to lunch today ... first relaxed meal since Thursday night when I had another 3 attacks within 12 hours ... the possibility is now Gallstones!!! Apparently rapid weight loss can cause them as well as obesity and with me being and doing both I have a higher risk .. go figure! But the tests will tell .. in the mean time it has almost put me off eating .. but yesterday I had crackers for lunch (taking into account with pregnancy nausea it seems to help so I thought as my tummy wasn't happy I would try it too ... and it worked!) and then I steamed some broccoli & cauliflower, boiled carrots and brussell sprouts and I made some rissoles .. ....

500g Lean Minced Beef
    40g finely chopped Red & Yellow Capsicum (each)
    1/2 medium Red Onion
    1Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
    1Tbsp Ranch Dressing (light)
    1Tbsp Dried Italian Herbs
    1 Egg
    1/2c Panko Crumbs

Mix the lot together and shape into 8 rissoles. Get a little extra Panko or Flour and lightly dust the rissoles ... cover and leave for at least an hour to let some of those flavours really sink in to the rissole.
    Dry fry in a med-hot frypan, leave the first side for at least 8 minutes before turning and don't squash them down lol ... then flip and again don't touch them for at least 8 min, then you can flip again for another 4-5 min for each side until they are cooked through. Drain on paper towels to try to remove as much of the excess fat that may come out (the leaner the meat though the better the chances are less of the fat coming out). Leave to sit for a few minutes while you dish up the rest of the vegetables. Also could use them as small burger patties using a small bread roll as the bun instead of a regular sized burger bun. Each patty is:
    Calories - 119
    Calories from Fat - 40
    Total Fat - 4.4g
    Sat Fat - 0.2g
    Cholesterol - 24mg
    Sodium - 109mg (this can be lower if you remove the teriyaki)
    Potassium - 22mg
    Carbohydrates - 4.4g
    Dietary Fibre - 0.3g
    Sugars - 1.2g
    Protein - 15.0g
    Vitamin A & Iron - 1%
    Vitamin C - 2%

I had mine with the vegetables And I just had one as I didn't want to risk another attack .. fortunately although my tummy felt uncomfortable it didn't turn into the agony of the last 3 hits so felt a little more relaxed On the plus side (although maybe not) .. chocolate does NOT affect me lol ..

So we went out today for lunch to Muffin Break and I had a breakfast muffin with egg in ... and then a naughty sweet muffin .. oops But it was lovely. Until the doc gives me more news I am told to SLOW down on the weight loss .. apparently me going up last week didn't count so I have to be happy with either a no loss or 1 pound max for the next few weeks .. so frustrating when I am so close to goal .. but not willing to risk having another attack if I can help it someway

Still trying to get in some training for my walk next week, getting rather excited about it actually Better go .. have to get dinner sorted out for hunny ... probably a couple of poached eggs on toast TTYL!
  • NightKATT reading your post I thought you were pregnant and would congratulate you!... But I know about Gallstones and gallbladder disease. I had mine removed 32 years ago.... and I had been dieting at that time too. WHAT PAIN.. I wanted to rip my chest out it hurt so bad. Try and stay away from fatty foods, Chocolate(sigh), fried stuff... It causes the body to require extra bile and that is what flairs up the Gallbladder to squeeze out extra bile and then the stones stick and then SPASMS! OUCH... Please take care if this is waht you have........... I send you a big time HUG!

Ubee... I kinda just picked a goal outta my head = cause even at 160 for 5 foot 4 and 3/4 its still overweight... but being older - eh.. I would be happy to wear 12's I think. My bone structure (just like NightKatt) is big and I am blessed with my father's muscles (lord my calves never get thin EVER) and my mother's HUGE thighs (hereditary)... I might even stop sooner.. but 160 would be my ultimate goal to hover around. When I go into maintainence for good.. I will watch for those 5 lb gains to get back on the wagon again to lose it. I will never NEVER get to 300 again! I wrote it down and promised myself over and over and over and told my inner voice TOO!
  • WANNA - lol .. just re-read my post and yep .. can see where the confusion could have happened with a pregnancy comment .. nope not for me .. those days are well behind me lol. Its a case of trial and error with foods at the moment ... but chocolate is ok lol .. so happy about that at least Had another attack last night and another one tonight BUT .... looking at my food diary we are finding 3 out of the last 4 attacks was after I had orange juice! (as the only similar food/drink...) and then tonight it was after I had 2 pieces of toast with honey on! Soooo Im cutting out my OJ for a bit to see if they stop and now have a better reason to go without bread again lol ....
    On the plus side tonight I learnt a good way to cope with the pain of an attack if I do it before the pain really hits ... THE TREADMILL!!!!

Yep ... I could feel the attack coming and really didn't want to have to go through it again as my tummy is still feeling bruised from the attacks over the last 4 days (getting very annoyed with it cos I have never had this many in a group ... if anything its more like once a month if that!) ... headed down to my room so I could try stretching out on my bed and brace myself .. but then I thought "I wonder if I can walk it off?" ... so I got on the treadmill in the dark and just started slowly slowly SLOWLY walking lol ... kept breathing in and out in big (or as big as I could) ... and meditating the thoughts "No Pain" and "Peace" as well as saying them out loud ... after about 10 min I was happy to still be upright, the pain was still there but it wasn't getting worse so I carried on and upped the walking speed from 2 .. to 2.5 .. then 3 ... then 3.5 ... then 4 ... 4.5 and then lastly 5. By then its a brisk walk AND my pain had stopped! I kept walking for about 20 minutes in total and felt a heck of a lot better than I usually do .. Im thinking its the adrenalin maybe?? Either way .. I know Im going to get busy next time one hits as well to see if this is really something that can help me ... wore off 100 calories at the same time lol.

Had a nice quiet day at home today ... let hunny sleep in then I cooked him and myself lunch.... I had veges and 1/3 of a 3 egg omelet (dogs had the rest lol) .. and hunny had sausages with rice and veg. Already planning something with chicken for dinner tomorrow night cos I haven't cooked any chicken dishes in what seems like forever and Im missing it. Im going back to similar to what I was doing last year ... I didn't have any attacks for months on that plan so back to basics again

Hugs all

Oh and WANNA ... Im still mind boggled by 160 and you say it so casually lol definitely not a goal I could even consider .. mind you .. I am a little taller lol ... And I love your body inheritance ... my legs aren't bad (fortunately) .. but the chest and tummy are from my mum and granny ... and the broad shoulders are definitely from my Canadian side
  • I think I have missed some weigh ins ... so going back through the posts to try to make sure I have caught up with everyones and not missed any ...

Down a little more than expected or aimed for (doc won't be happy with me lol) but will happily take it

START WEIGHT: 262.5
    GOAL WEIGHT: 240
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 22.3
    ACHIEVED: 18.7 (3.8 rem)

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 262.5 (START)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 258.8 (-3.7) (3.7)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 256.4 (-2.4) (6.1)
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 252.4 (-4.0) (10.1)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 251.3 (-1.1) (11.2)
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 248.0 (-3.3) (14.5)
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 249.1 (+1.1) (13.4) (TOM)
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 249.1 (0) (13.4)
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 245.4 (-3.7) (17.1)
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16: 244.7 (-0.7) (17.8)
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23: 246 (+1.3) (16.5)
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30: 243.8 (-2.2) (18.7)
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
    Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:
  • Katt - Orange Juice?! Wow... That is interesting.. I am so sorry you have had so many attacks all at once. I am so sorry.. and wild that walking helped.. but maybe it took your mind off and eventually helped relax you?

Hope everyone has a very good and peaceful week and NO pain!

START WEIGHT: 243.6
    GOAL WEIGHT: 220
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 23.6 !!! will do IT!

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 243.6 (start)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 245.2 (+1.6 but that will go away!)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 238 (-5.6 total)
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 236.6 (-1.4 and total -7.0)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 234.8 (-1.8 and total -8.8 )
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 238.0 (+3.2 and total -5.6)
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 233.0 (-5.0 and total - 10.6 )
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 237.2 (+4.2 and total - 6.4 boo)
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 232.6 (-4.6 and total - 11.0 Yay!)
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:234.8 (+2.2 and total -8.8 YIKES!)
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23: 229.8 (-5.0 and total -13.8 )
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30: 229.6 (-.2 and total -14.0) woo .2 loss in a week!
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27
  • START WEIGHT: 277.4
    GOAL WEIGHT: 245 MET!!!!
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 32.4

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 277.4 (START)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 271.2 (-6.2)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 270.8 (-.4) TOM
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 268.2 (-2.6)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 262.8 (-5.4)
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 257.4 (-5.4)
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 257.8 (+.4) TOM
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 254.2 (-3.6)
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 249.2 (-5)
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16: 247 (-2.2)
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23: 245 (-2) TOM
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30: 241.8 (-3.2)

• Hi Everyone!
    START WEIGHT:252
    GOAL Weight: 228
    TOTAL TO LOSE:24

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 252
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 249
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 252
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02:252
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09:253
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16:253
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23:255
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:250
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:254
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:254
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:260
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:259
    Nope I am not giving up!
  • Good job with your loses watchout, wana and Katt!
    I am at the point where in my mind my goal is to lose 2 pounds for this challenge. Not going to quit! In chat I realized that for the last 73 weeks I have been losing or maintaining within about a 10 pound range. SUCCESS! I have only taken two short breaks from 3 Fat Chicks for medical reasons! GO UBEE!
    Thanks Katt! I have weird gut attacks and not had any since forever. I had one Sunday night. My muscles around my gall bladder, liver, and pancreas sometimes go on strike and I had a mild attack. Must have been the power of suggestion. (or it could have been poor food choices, fats like wana said.) How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. Confession time I am a huge worry wart...
    Wana mind if I ask? When you say you wrote it down did you write yourself a letter or post a note on the mirror? I like the idea of a letter but do I pick a certain regain weight to read it?