Old 04-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 375/190

Height: 5'11

Default I had a sad semi-breakdown moment

So my boyfriend and I got our yoga mats today (yay!) and we decided to watch my "The Biggest Loser: Weightloss Yoga." We wanted to see what workouts we start with and what we would be able to do after the 6 week program. Here comes the most ridiculous part. When Bob was going over planks, swimmers, warrior 1, warrior 2, and a few others I literally started crying. Hear me out though!
2 years ago before I met Josh I was going to 24 Hour Fitness with my best friend and she was like my personal trainer. I envied her and she taught me how to do things. She taught me things like planks, side planks, swimmers, warrior 1, warrior 2, and a few others. Sound familiar? I was crying like a baby because I had come so far before and was able to do those things as easily as I pick up a forkful of food and shove it in my flavor hole. I hated myself for a good half hour. How could I ruin the progress I made? How could I disgrace my friend by having her take the time to show me those things? Why didn't I stick with it in the first place and maybe now at 348 pounds I would probably already be at my goal weight of 180 instead?
Ugh! It's so frustrating and disappointing to know that I didn't have the will power to say "No more fast food, trying to quit thanks" or "Let's actually buy healthy groceries and give our arteries a break." It seriously upsets me so much because had I stuck with my gym and diet I wouldn't have developed preventable medical issues and saved myself over $1,000 in medical expenses.
Sorry, that's all! I just needed to vent and take a breath and tell myself I will do it again, there is no try, I WILL do this right! It always sucks to start all over but I've come to realize, in order to finish I have to start somewhere, and we all start at the beginning.
Chelle0928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/172.8/125

Height: 5'6"

I know how hard it is to sit there and accept the mistakes you've made, but you've already told yourself the best thing you could: Keep going forward. You can do it because a) you're motivated and b) you know what to do! It's never EVER too late to start anything. If you want something bad enough, you'll get it And just remember that there is no time limit for this sort of thing. Everyone says it and it's true: it's a life style change, not a diet. So get into the good habit of eating healthy and working out! I believe in you! Anyone can do it! A good book to read (if you like reading) is the Willpower Instinct. It helps with achieving goals and gives you tips to stay on track (for anything, not just weightloss)!
thegoodvegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodvegan View Post
I know how hard it is to sit there and accept the mistakes you've made, but you've already told yourself the best thing you could: Keep going forward. You can do it because a) you're motivated and b) you know what to do! It's never EVER too late to start anything. If you want something bad enough, you'll get it And just remember that there is no time limit for this sort of thing. Everyone says it and it's true: it's a life style change, not a diet. So get into the good habit of eating healthy and working out! I believe in you! Anyone can do it! A good book to read (if you like reading) is the Willpower Instinct. It helps with achieving goals and gives you tips to stay on track (for anything, not just weightloss)!
I'll have to check it out! I'm so stocked up on motivational books, the more the merrier!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/177/150

Height: 5'4"

Don't beat yourself up...everyday is a learning experience..you have learned your pitfalls and what to avoid and watch out for..your better prepared this time around,and you CAN do it! I weighted 340 pounds and now am at 175 (25 more to go ) Every day is a fresh start..and you only have to make it through one day at a time! YOU GOT THIS!!!
former340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:46 AM   #5  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Oh ...we all have regrets in life too! Let. It go.....We only Truly Learn from mistakes we make in life! Sounds like you learned and are moving on ...and using skills that your friend taught you. that's a Win in my book
We never can tell why things happen ....we just go on...

Wishing you the best of luck,Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #6  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I was there when I restarted too and it is painful. So painful. The thing I try and keep in mind is how good it felt to be fitter and then try and trust my body's muscle memory that everything is still there, just a bit buried.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #7  

Thanks Former340, Roo, and Nancy I just couldn't believe how emotional I got! I definitely wasn't expecting all that! One second so happy to watch then another second tears streaking down my face. Poor Josh was so confused to what had happened! When I finally calmed down enough to tell him he told me, "Well, s*** happens. Start new now and don't worry about it. It was 2 years ago just be glad you're doing it now." I was shocked at his bluntness lol but it matched everything you guys have told me
Old 04-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #8  
iheartflipflops

S/C/G: 342.2/332.9/299

Height: 5'9.5"

Sounds like you have an amazing boyfriend. He's for sure a keeper!!!
I get emotional when I think about my weight gain. I'm right there with you, I'm not "trying to lose weight" I AM losing weight!!
Good luck!!'
iheartflipflops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #9  

Iheartflipflops, I agree he's the best that's ever happened to me I love him so much good luck on your journey as well!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #10  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I know exactly how you feel. I lost 34 pounds in 2005...gained it all back plus more. I lost 34 pounds again in 2010...and gained it all back plus more. When I started again last year, I kept saying, "If you had stuck to this the last time, you'd be so much further along". Well you know what? I didn't stick to it because I hadn't found the right plan for me. My weight loss goals this time have all been random weights from before. My first goal was to get to 265 because that's how much I weighed when I started in 2010 and then my goal was to get to 231. I didn't feel proud of myself for reaching these milestones because I'd already been there.

Time flies, stick to your plan and enjoy the journey. There's no point beating up on ourselves about things we can't change.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #11  

Thanks Chickie! That does make a lot of sense. I want this more than anything right now so I know I won't fail myself this time
Old 04-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #12  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #13  

You are doing awesome and Josh sounds like a sweety!! Keep up the good work, it will pay off!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

I think your boyfriend is a keeper! Seriously, I have lost over 100 pounds more than once. Losing weight is not the problem. Keeping the weight off is the challenge.

I can understand your sadness. I've been there before. I've lost over a hundred pounds twice! Just don't beat yourself up about it. Be kind to yourself. Love yourself and push forward to your goals.
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #15  

Thank you ladies so much