Old 09-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #1  
wonderful shrinking woman

S/C/G: Lbs: 400/T*2.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Default new fat chick on the block

i've been lurking for a few months but it's time to dive in. i expect to be here a long time; i have a *long* way to go.

you can read the boring details in my blog (see below for link) but when my last birthday came around and i was suddenly confronted with thoughts of mortality i decided to cast aside the hippy-chick free will crap and get serious about losing a few bmi's. i started counting calories. it took a month to work up enough courage to get on a scale but even i was shocked to see that it was approaching 180 kg (400 lbs).

it's been a little over 4 relatively painless months now and i have lost (never wanting to be found) 19 kg (42 lbs)— yay me!

so, just thought i'd join another forum and introduce myself.

—sistah
sistah phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and congratulations on your loss so far! Keep up the good work! There are a lot of helpful and friendly people. Just remember that you are never alone.
cldavis04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #3  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! This is a great place to help stay motivated.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #4  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Welcome! You'll really like it here. Everyone is so supportive. And way to go on your success so far!!
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #5  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

sistaphat welocme welcome welcome. A good deal of these ladies see to live in the US or Canada but I am in dear old Blighty...in Wales to be exact.
How have you lost your weight so far?( congrats on that!) This is a lovely forum hope you feel at home.
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #6  
the muse of memory

Heya chica,

Welcome! Congrats on your loss so far, that is just amazing. And good luck on your journey! This is a great place for support, encouragement, and everything else.
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hi there, I just came across this thread and wanted to say Good luck!....once you put your mind to it, IT CAN HAPPEN!!...I know it has for me and there is NO looking back now...only DOWN on the scale, ONLY option for me. You will have good weeks and bad weeks but focus on the way you are feeling and how your clothes are fitting more than that number on the scale. The scale can be a cruel thing to our minds sometimes but don't let it get to you....Good LUCK!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #8  
wonderful shrinking woman

S/C/G: Lbs: 400/T*2.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. You're all so inspirational.

Mountain Walker: my method is calorie counting. I have an app for my iPhone and I have been religiously recording everything going in and my exercise routine. I had to make a few adjustments for a slow metabolism (explained in my blog) but the app recognizes updated weigh-ins and calculates a new daily calorie target. This is the first time I've gone this long without hitting a plateau. That's not to say that it couldn't happen, but I am am impressed so far. I don't feel like I'm on a "diet" and I don't have any particular cravings (because I can indulge so long as I record it and stick to my target). I can see it as an acceptable long-term lifestyle.
sistah phat is offline   Reply With Quote