Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 344.4/344.4/175

Default Wanted to introduce myself..

I thought I should introduce myself since I responded to a few posts. My name is Liz and although I've been registered on the site for a long time, 9 years to be exact, I never really came to visit.

I decided last month that I was going to look into weight loss surgery. On Monday I started my 6 month supervised diet that my insurance requires to get the surgery covered. However, I'm not 100% sure I want to have the surgery so I'm doing the best I can on this supervised diet with the idea that at the end of the 6 months I will stay on the supervised diet and skip the surgery.

My goals for weight loss are
1. Eat 1800 calories a day. The dr. said I could go up to 2000 if I wanted, but the app I uses says 1800 for me so that's where i'm trying to stay.
2. Exercise for 60 minutes 5 days a week
3. Not weigh myself until my monthly dr. appointments.

Today is day 5 and so far so good.. I'm married with 3 furry, 4 legged children and my husband and I run his family business..

So Hello! And don't be surprised to see me posting. Oh and my starting weight on Monday was 344.4, but my highest was 374.4 a few years ago.
Izzybeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

Hey Izzy! I'm a back and forther-- I have been coming here off and on for over 5 years and took a break so long I didn't know my username and password and had to change it last year. Your highest weight was mine as well after I had my 4 year old. I lost 40 pounds last year, but my boyfriend became very ill, and I (a nurse) became his nurse and gained it all back while worrying and stressing. So time to knock it back off! I have thought about the weight loss surgery pre-diet as well when my boyfriend was doing his prior to his VSG surgery last summer (he had complications that made him so deathly ill since last June! But all is well again!). He was very successful at his surgery and has lost 85 pounds give or take. Now it's my turn. I don't want to do it his way. I'm going to find my own way and excited to do so. I know I can when I put my mind to it because I have in the past, but sticking to it more than a few months is what this will require. So that's my goal! To get under 300 and keep on moving. Good luck to you and glad you're here!
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Welcome back!

I've been on and off for about 2 years.. And like you I finally made the decision to try and get healthy.

Good luck with your weight loss!
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 335/305/225

Height: 5'4

Hi and welcome back! I've been on the site for almost two weeks now and really like it! It's nice to know that I'm not alone!
NorCalMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344.4/344.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcurtin View Post
I'm going to find my own way and excited to do so. I know I can when I put my mind to it because I have in the past, but sticking to it more than a few months is what this will require. So that's my goal! To get under 300 and keep on moving. Good luck to you and glad you're here!
I'm excited to do it this time too. Everything seems all new to me this time even though some of this stuff i've known for years. 8 years ago I lost 115 pounds doing Atkins, but it just wasn't sustainable for me long term and I gained almost all of it back. I'm being more realistic this time. I'm thinking if I lose 50-60 pounds in the next 6 months i'm going to skip the surgery and just keep seeing the dr. every month.

We aren't too far apart on starting weight so we can do this together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotperfect24 View Post
Hi Welcome back!

I've been on and off for about 2 years.. And like you I finally made the decision to try and get healthy.

Good luck with your weight loss!
Good luck to you also and thank you for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMommy View Post
Hi and welcome back! I've been on the site for almost two weeks now and really like it! It's nice to know that I'm not alone!
Thank you for the welcome!

I was very encouraged to come on here and see weight tickers that show people started at 350 and even higher and have lost lots of weight already. Shows me that there is hope..
Izzybeff is offline   Reply With Quote