Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Default 300+ Wellness Goals - March 2012

Here's how it works: Everyone of us has wellness goals. Break those goals up into small, achievable steps and challenge yourself to meet your goal by following those steps. Your goal can be anything;a number of pounds lost; please keep it reasonable and safe, dietary goals, activity goals, goals to change your mindset, etc. Just share what steps you are taking to meet your goal(s) Let's all support and encourage each other on this life long journey. Don't get discouraged if you don't meet your goal, just keep on challenging yourself.

You can join at any time.

This website might help you WITH GOAL SETTING: http://www.goal-setting-guide.com/go...-of-your-goals

Remember goals should be...
■S = Specific
■M = Measurable
■A = Attainable
■R = Realistic
■T = Timely
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 315/302/150

February was a bust because I was sick, so I'm trying again but will have to keep the exercise goal low since I have to start from scratch:

1. 64 oz water/day
2. At least 20 minutes exercise/day (average)
3. 2150 calories/day (average)
4. All those goals to get to the ultimate goal of 285 by the end of the month.
stranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #3  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

My goals for March are

1. Stay under 1500 calories a day
2. try not to eat late at night
3. start to walk
4. get a job

Lynn
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #4  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

All right, a new month, new goals!

My #1 March wellness goal will be 100% tracking of my snacking. I will also strive to remain under/at 1600 calories every day in March. I know my weight loss has slowed dramatically because of my cheat weekends.

Edited to add: I bought some Treasures of the Sea Parmesean Talapia filets this weekend. They're flash frozen. Put 'em frozen on a cookie sheet & baked for 20 minutes. Super easy & very good! I was so impressed. My super picky five year old even liked it. Amazing.

Last edited by rachaelm; 03-01-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: to tell y'all about my yummy easy dinner find
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

It is funny how overwhelming making goals can feel. I think that since I have not had a lot of success with my goals it is making it harder to make them each month. I think I will try to keep them simple and maybe I can get some success under my belt.
1. I will work out at least twice a week.
2. I will start tracking Monday and will track at least Monday through Friday.
3. I will drink 8-8 ounce glasses of water a day.
Ok, hopefully I will stick with these. They are definately doable!

Rachaelm: Is "Treasure of the Sea" the brand name of the fish you bought? Is this a brand you find most places or only at certain types of stores? I would love to try them. How is your tracking going?
Lynnie and Stranded: How was you first day of your March goals?
Goodnuff: How are you doing?
tw326at41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #6  
Changing my life

Well, second day of March & I'm POP. Calories were actually way too low yesterday, so I have to be very aware today, as I tend to binge when I do that. I'm fine so far, had a salad for lunch topped with the last of those talapia filets. I'm stuffed and ready to go home!

tw- yes, that was the brand name, I bought them at Walmart, don't know if they're regional or anything like that. It was the first time I've ever bought them, but they will become a standard purchase. I am 100% on my tracking, the real test will be this weekend though, as that's when I've been lax on my tracking and my calories.
Do you track online, or manually? Your goals are very realistic. Here's to achieving our goals!!!

Y'all, I was so tickled last night, we were sitting on my parent's deck, my son was pretending he was at a restaurant & he wanted me to be his waiter. He said, "Make sure to put my salad in a to go box, my mom really likes those" I thought "OMGoodness, I've actually taught my son something healthy!"

OK, I guess that's enough for now, I hope you are all doing well. Check in & let me know how you are!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #7  

Rachaelm: Glad you are on track. I know what you mean about binging after having a low calorie day but as long as you average out you should be good right? Or are you not "averaging" this month? I will have to try the fish. I like some fish but have never really cooked it. I have some salmon in the freezer right now that I need to try and cook.
I used to track manually but last summer I switched to tracking on my phone. I really like it that way and had been good about it but then life got crazy and I let that go. But I will pick it up again. That was SO cute about your son. You are teaching him good things and it is obvious he loves his momma and wants to make her happy. :-) Good luck this weekend!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #8  
Changing my life

tw - no averaging this month. I do not want to exceed my daily calorie goal at all. I really want to see, now that I'm past my initial faster weight loss period, if I lose at the rate my livestrong.com calculator says I should.
It's good in a way, cause each day is a fresh start, and February had too many 'above average' days!
Thanks, I've got a few social events this weekend, but I am aware, and will make healthy choices.
Oh & not to stop you from trying the salmon, cause I know bunches of people love it & it's really a good choice, but I can't stand it. Blech. LOL
Too 'fishy' tasting for me. I wanted to mention that, in case you tried it, and didn't like it, I didn't want you to be put off trying other kinds of fish.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #9  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi, everyone!

I've really missed checking in the past few weeks. It's been a nightmare. My sickness passed, but congestion lingered in my chest and became a pretty nasty case of bronchitis. I just did not have the energy to do any of my workouts for the second half of February, and unfortunately didn't keep up with the forums, either.

Thankfully, I continued to make generally good choices. I woke up this morning and discovered that I've met my first 10 lbs goal! Finally!

For March:

- No cocktails/beers/wine at home. A drink when I'm out with people is fine, but now that I've cut out soda almost completely, this is the next "empty calorie" low-hanging fruit.
- Continue meal planning. This is helping us spend less in groceries, waste less, and always have acceptable choices on hand.
- No unplanned snacks at work. Continue packing fruits and nuts to snack on during the day.
- Gradually build back up to exercising. I'm using breathing treatments because the bronchitis has left me very short of breath. I'm going to have to start slow, here, but I do want to get started.

I hope everyone's doing well!
Telorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #10  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

stranded: I'm sorry to hear that you were ill during February, as well. It was very rough for me, too.
Lynnie: I wish you the best of luck getting a job. I know how difficult the economy has been for some folks. It seems like it's trying to pick back up - fingers are crossed for you! Has 1500 been your calorie goal all along, or are you changing it up this month?
rachelm: I'm like you - I really don't have much of a taste for salmon. One trick when preparing any kind of "fishy" fish is to soak it in milk in the refrigerator before cooking it. This takes away a lot of the fishyness. But yes, I will stick to my my tilapia, haddock, cod, and other mild, light fishes. (Unless it's sushi. I surprisingly love raw, sushi-grade salmon.)
tw: Getting back to tracking is a good goal! I am actually trying NOT to obsessively track. I end up getting too obsessed and burn myself out. But I know that information is really helpful. I will usually track a day if I eat an unusual amount or foods that aren't typical, just so I can see where I'm at. But I just wouldn't have time to measure and meticulously track every day. My hat's off to those who can!
Telorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #11  
Divine

Well I blew my goal yesterday of 1500. But I am back on track today and hoping that I can stay on track. I made another anklet this weekend and it turned out very beautiful.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Hello all,

My goals for March are as follows:

*I will track my food in my journal everyday.
*To go to aquafitness classes twice per week
*To eat 6-8 servings of fruit and vegetables per day
*If I slip up and overeat, binge, make poor food choices I will not beat myself up over it. I will acknowledge what I did, examine why and move forward.

Great thread.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #13  
Divine

its monday and I have been pretty good with my goals as of yesterday. i hope to continue to do well keep your fingers crossed for me.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie923 View Post
its monday and I have been pretty good with my goals as of yesterday. i hope to continue to do well keep your fingers crossed for me.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I am jounalling and going to the pool today.

Lynnie , your weight loss is impressive. How have you done it?
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #15  

I was down .2 Saturday at WI. Here's to a new week!! I have started tracking today and I have already drank 2 cups of water and I have my water on my desk! I worked out Saturday and was actually complemented as I finshed my workout on the stationary bike. As I finished I was sitting on the bike stretching my calf and the guy next to me said "Good Work out!" I was kind of caught off guard but I said "thanks" and he said "a lot of people don't work like that, that was a good work out." I smiled and said "thanks, I figure if I'm going to be here I may as well work." He was sitting right next to me so I know he could see my heart rate, miles, speed, etc. He was probably my dads age but he was in shape and he made my day!
rachealm: How was the weekend? Still haven't made the Salmon yet. I actually do like Salmon when I have it "out" I have just never made it.
Telorida: Welcome back. Glad you are starting to feel better. Way to attack that "Low hanging fruit!"
lynnie: Glad you are back at it again today and that Sunday was better for you.
pluckypear: Have fun at the pool! I ahve to ask, where did you get pluckypear from? :-)
Goodnuff: Where are you?