3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community
You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Exercise Log for 300's + (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/254358-exercise-log-300s.html)

pluckypear 03-06-2012 07:08 PM

Exercise Log for 300's +

I am curious to know what types of exercise people do and how often. I am hoping you will share and maybe even log here.

I go to aqua fitness twice a week. I want to incorporate more types of exercise. I have a torn rotator cuff and arthritis in my knees. I am 46.
:carrot:

Soon2BHealthyGirl 03-06-2012 07:28 PM

I am 28 and I do elliptical (for 15 minutes) and either spin bike or recumbent bike (30 minutes) 3 days a week. I do swimming on T/Th. And I walk on Sat/Sun.

A friend of mine is in a very similar situation (torn rotator cuff, leg problems, and she's in her 40's too) she does the elliptical (cause it's easy on her knees) and swimming, as well!

Bridget Jones 03-07-2012 01:57 AM

I'm 29, and I do 30 minutes of walking/jogging intervals 5-6 days a week. If I'm feeling tired, I just walk, but I find the interval training kind of invigorating and gets me sweating.

Just started that about 12 days ago (used to do just walking) and I love it.

nikki bonz 03-07-2012 02:07 AM

Hey I'm new today to this but let me tell you congratulations on starting a healthier lifestyle! !! I started at 350lbs and I'm down almost 100lbs. In less than 6 months. It has not been as hard as I thought it would be but we all have our own definitions of what hard work is lol. In my opinion I think 2 days a week is not enough time spent working out. I'd say 4 or 5 at least with more cardio and less fat and calorie intake. You are going to do fine I suggest taking it up a notch if you want quicker results :-) I did it from home with no pills gym DVD work outs or even weights! You got this good luck

Bridget Jones 03-07-2012 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by nikki bonz:
In my opinion I think 2 days a week is not enough time spent working out. I'd say 4 or 5 at least with more cardio and less fat and calorie intake. You are going to do fine I suggest taking it up a notch if you want quicker results :-) I did it from home with no pills gym DVD work outs or even weights! You got this good luck

Hey nikki -
Welcome to the forum. I think the OP understands the importance of exercise (since she started this thread), and even mentions herself wanting more of it:

Originally Posted by pluckypear:
I go to aqua fitness twice a week. I want to incorporate more types of exercise.

No offense, but telling someone they have to do more and work harder to get quicker results when they're already making changes and reaching out is a little rude. I think sharing your successes is a lot more helpful than pointing out the problems you see in someone else's approach.

dgramie 03-07-2012 10:09 AM

Exercise is super important!! I am a slacker in that dept. We have a sticky at the top of the forum to track exercise minutes. Please log your minutes there. You will also be able to read what kind of exercise people are doing.

pluckypear 03-07-2012 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Soon2BHealthyGirl:
I am 28 and I do elliptical (for 15 minutes) and either spin bike or recumbent bike (30 minutes) 3 days a week. I do swimming on T/Th. And I walk on Sat/Sun.

A friend of mine is in a very similar situation (torn rotator cuff, leg problems, and she's in her 40's too) she does the elliptical (cause it's easy on her knees) and swimming, as well!

Thanks for the tip I will try out the elliptical at the community centre.

pluckypear 03-07-2012 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by dgramie:
Exercise is super important!! I am a slacker in that dept. We have a sticky at the top of the forum to track exercise minutes. Please log your minutes there. You will also be able to read what kind of exercise people are doing.

Thanks I did and will continue to do so. :)

Unicorn67 03-10-2012 10:13 PM

I'm 45, also have a torn rotator cuff. I do 5 days a week of "Biggest Loser" for wii for 30 minutes. I have to modify a few of the exercises with my right arm but have found I have really improved the strength in that arm.
I try and get three 30 minute walks in during the week as well.

MamaBravo 03-10-2012 10:30 PM

Right now I am just walking. Did a 1/2 mile Thursday, 3/4 mile this morning, and another 1/4 mile this evening.

cherrygarcia 06-16-2012 06:57 PM

this is a really nice thread. At the moment doing about three to four days a week but would like to make it six days a week. i do one hour workouts of either swimming, treadmill on incline or the arc trainer

livelaughlovesunshin 06-17-2012 07:34 AM

I had been doing the exercise bike randomly but starting today I am shooting for 5/6 days a week. I am going to start out at 30 minutes at a time and then add to that.

Baby Blue Eyes 07-17-2012 11:54 PM

I am super new at all of this. I started really working hard just a couple of weeks ago. I am sick of being the fat friend. I am very blessed that I have a gym at work I can use that offers different classes throughout the week at peak time like lunch break and after work. Before each class I try to do about 15 min of cardio. On Mondays I do a strech class. Tuesday and Thursday I have been doing Core Strenght at lunch and Zumba after work for about and hour. On Wednesdays and Fridays I am doing Yoga at lunch. Sat and Sunday I clean the house do laundry and take care of my 4 and 3 year old. I have been really working hard the last month. I would tell anyone to try whatever you can. Try videos, try dancing make up your own workout. Just try to have fun. If you do a class give it a couple of times before you don't go back. You might feel out of place I did and still do god knows I hate those mirrors. I question how I got here, how did I get this big all the time. I am sick of being the fat friend. Time to do something.

Chubbygirl253 07-18-2012 02:52 AM

I've been doing treadmill and water aerobics at home but today I joined the Y for that extra edge, especially so I have no excuse not to work out when the weather turns cooler in the fall. I can't wait to try the zumba class! There is also spinning classes, pilates, etc. I'm going to try lots of classes to see what I like and what I don't.

mountain walker 07-18-2012 10:07 AM

Hi Plucky pear.
I started 3 months ago struggling to walk the short distance to my son's school ( about 1/4 mile). I have arthritis in my knees and am very limited as to what meds I can take as I have asthma too. I spoke to my practice nurse and we agreed that in the short term taking pain killers to exercise had to be better for me than all the weight I am carrying so that's how I manage it.
I now walk 2.5 miles a day at a fairly brisk pace and swim 1 or 2 times a week 32 or 64 lengths depending on how energetic I feel!
I would also say that some minutes is better than no minutes so a 10 min walk around the block still counts.
I also use a walking/trekking pole to lean on to give my knees a bit of help. I now they are designed for mountain walking but who cares!