3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Life in the Lifeboat: 10 Days at a Time #12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/251949-life-lifeboat-10-days-time-12-a.html)

Ratkitten 02-06-2012 12:05 PM

Stayed within the bounds of the lifeboat yesterday. Contemplated splashing, but distracted myself with shiny things. That only works sometimes, btw.

Bridget, wow, you did great on that hike!! You did it. Who cares who went faster. When I would ride my bicycle when at 350 lbs, it was just an accomplishment to complete mileage. Well, um, I still think that way! LOL I also wonder how in the world I did it with the extra poundage. Whoever said overweight people don't utilize mind over matter has not hiked or biked or done daily chores with 100+ lbs! Ooops, sorry, ranting and rambling. I must not be rowing hard enough! LOL

Hugs,
Ratkity

j-ann 02-06-2012 07:56 PM

Nice warm towels and hot tea is ready for those who got damp.
I stayed dry today and will row a bit harder while those caught in the spray over the weekend get warm and dry.

gggirls 02-07-2012 07:03 AM

Judy - be sure to count the rowing as exercise minutes.

Nice and dry here.

stranded 02-07-2012 08:27 AM

Fell right outta the lifeboat Monday. My eating and exercise habits go completely to heck when I'm feeling sick.

Vortex_VVV 02-07-2012 08:57 AM

Fell out yesterday. A bit bummed out, but I'm back in the boat today.

Lesson: It's not just planning food, it's planning life. When I let work get away from me, eating will follow.

Bridget Jones 02-07-2012 02:47 PM

Fell out of the boat, got soaked, and then I'm pretty sure the boat ran over me a few times. I thought I had a good plan for a friend's birthday, but just let myself get too hungry. Then I morphed into Teen Wolf, everyone was eating crap, and it was over.

The scale number this morning was absolutely hideous, but I'm trying to ignore it and just pick myself up. Going on my walk shortly. Not going to lie though, this sucks. :(

j-ann 02-07-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridget Jones (Post 4207539)
Fell out of the boat, got soaked, and then I'm pretty sure the boat ran over me a few times. .......
The scale number this morning was absolutely hideous, but I'm trying to ignore it and just pick myself up. Going on my walk shortly. Not going to lie though, this sucks. :(

Bridget: To paraphrase a golden oldie: "Pick yourself up. Dry yourself off and start all over again."

Here's a nice warm, fluffy towel. Your oar is waiting for you on your seat. <g>

Angela: Life's a b**ch when it throws unexpected changes at you. Glad you're back in your seat. There's a dry towel and a new life jacket under your seat.

Stranded: Holy Crap there was a rush for fresh towels yesterday. Here's the last one that just came out of the dryer. I'll toss in another load.

I stayed dry today. Got in extra dairy. Ate fewer carbs. Off to throw another load of towels in the washer!

gggirls 02-07-2012 08:37 PM

Dry here!

Vortex_VVV 02-07-2012 11:37 PM

Thanks, Judy! Got my life jacket on today.

Tomorrow is another interview, and I'm on the dinner list, so I've decided what I'm ordering at the restaurant already.

dgramie 02-08-2012 06:26 AM

Dry day yesterday!

Heather 02-08-2012 07:38 AM

I stayed nice and dry yesterday. Had a lunch that when I recorded it was more than I thought... but this time I checked before dinner and adjusted accordingly.

Day 8, right? I think I'll be okay, but I may need to stay late at the office and need to make sure I plan accordingly.

Ratkitten 02-08-2012 07:57 AM

Dry here and have a stack of towels. Tummy is acting up and being finicky.

Hugs,
Ratkity

j-ann 02-08-2012 02:18 PM

SPLASH! Get out the towels. No way to save today. Didn't plan to be on the road and sure didn't plan to make a bad fast food choice. Already had to use some of thw weekly extra points and I still have dinner to go. I'm :swim:

Heather 02-08-2012 11:18 PM

Day 8 dry in the boat.

But I did eat some hard candy -- recorded, but my first sweet in 6 weeks. Let's see how tomorrow goes.

Vortex_VVV 02-08-2012 11:39 PM

Technically, I'm out of the boat again. Actually, once I counted things up, I was only 100 calories over my limit, but in my book that's still off plan. What did I learn? Today, I learned that I need to find some ways to deal with people who just unexpectedly hand me food. That happened twice today: the candy man (a retired colleague who insists on giving women candy) gave me a reese's peanut butter egg, and at the writing group I was handed blueberry cake without being asked whether I wanted it. If I had said no to even one of those things, I would have been within my calorie limit.