Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Default 300+ Wellness Goals-February 2012

Here's how it works: Everyone of us has wellness goals. Break those goals up into small, achievable steps and challenge yourself to meet your goal by following those steps. Your goal can be anything;a number of pounds lost; please keep it reasonable and safe, dietary goals, activity goals, goals to change your mindset, etc. Just share what steps you are taking to meet your goal(s) Let's all support and encourage each other on this life long journey. Don't get discouraged if you don't meet your goal, just keep on challenging yourself.

You can join at any time.

This website might help you WITH GOAL SETTING: http://www.goal-setting-guide.com/go...-of-your-goals

Remember goals should be...
■S = Specific
■M = Measurable
■A = Attainable
■R = Realistic
■T = Timely
Old 02-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #2  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

My goals for February are

1. No eating in the middle of the night
2. Lose 5-10 lbs
3.eat more fruit and veggies
Old 02-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #3  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

New month, fresh start.

I'm going to change my goals a bit this month. I'm really struggling with my plan on the weekends, so I think my goal for this month is to TRACK my calories on the weekends. It's becoming a bad habit to let my goals go when I'm not at my structured work environment, and I've got too far to go to give up.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/302/150

Turns out I'm still losing weight even though I've been way over my calorie goal, so I've modified my goals a bit but basically am staying with what I did last time.

1. 64 oz water/day
2. 25+ minutes exercise/day (average)
3. 2150 calories/day (average)
4. All those goals to get to the ultimate goal of 285 by the end of the month.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #5  
Becoming a better me

S/C/G: 383.9/351.5/190

Height: 5'7"

I sat down last night and filled a whole page with goals, some of them include:

1. Drink at least a liter of water a day
2. Document all food eaten (even if its bad)
3. Cut out all fast food
4. Bring balanced meals to work
5. Limit myself to one plate of food with no second portions
Old 02-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

1. Drink at LEAST 8 glasses of water a day.
2. Drink less Diet Coke. I did really well with this last month so I hope to keep it up.
3. No eating out unless it is a have to case and then make sure to eat something healthy.
4. Keep track of my calories on MFP everyday.
5. Lose 10 lbs.
6. No junk food. That includes pork skins and sherbet, too!
7. Exercise everyday.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #7  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

Height: 5'4"

1. Water, Water, Water. EVEN ON WEEKENDS! Like many others have said, I follow a great, structured routine... until the weekend. Then I sleep in, don't drink anything for the first four hours of the day, and then have this "unquenchable thirst" which I often feed with sweet drinks. No more.

2. 5 days of exercise per week. I hope I am not overdoing it with this... I'm coming from no exercise since the end of October. I will allow myself "non-perfect" sessions where I tell myself if I just go, I can do something easy first and then leave if I really feel that bad, but NO outright skips.

3. Follow a more structured morning and evening routine to save time. I drag so badly in the morning, and cutting down my morning "wake up" time is how I'm getting the time back for the gym. No electronics in the morning - get up, do what needs to be done, and then out the door!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #8  

Well, I suppose it is the 4th already, I should put something in writing.
-cut back on nutritionally devoid breakfast beverages by 1/3. i.e. Iced coffee.
-go to one new place/event by myself
-5 minutes/day without any distractions. No phone, tv, iPad, book etc.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #9  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Well I thought with my not eating in the middle of the night that I would drop some lbs. But it seems as though my body wants to maintain where it is right now. At least it wasn't a gain this week.

Lynn
Old 02-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #10  
Tel

After a slight gain, I've leveled off at "stay the same", as well. I know TOM (which finally arrived today) and extra water retention are the cause, as I have been good with my workouts.

I'm actually feeling better in the mornings, possibly because I'm sleeping more soundly after having a workout.

I don't have a big problem getting to the gym, but making myself do the cardio on my elliptical has been my least-favorite thing in the past. But I've started letting myself watch my favorite TV shows only when I'm on the elliptical and MAN is that working! I've done some of my longest sessions this week - longer than I originally set out to do. The intensity is low to moderate, but constantly moving, sweating, etc, still counts for something.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:25 AM   #11  

Maintains are great, yay on not night eating...that's an impotent one!
Moving, sleeping,not eating at night...you ladies rock!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #12  
Tel

Scale's back up... blah blah blah. Can't wait until this week is done. ;P

Another day on exercise plan. Food was weird today... I didn't feel like eating until after lunch time. (Not sick, just not hungry... and since I over-ate a little the night before, I didn't question it in the least.)
Old 02-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #13  

Wins today:40 minutes of activity. Turned down doughnut offer
Could do betters: out to eat twice, not the best choices.
Next time...better choice at least once
Sorry for the cave woman talk...I'm tired
Where ya at rachael and tw?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #14  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning y'all! It is a new week (for me) and I did a lot better this weekend. I actually tracked my calories, which was my goal. Now I didn't stay UNDER my calorie goal, but I tracked, and that was a step in the right direction. I should see a drop this week. I'm at 274 today, but Tuesday is usually my highest weight of the week, with drops daily, with Friday being my lowest day of hte week. Isn't it crazy how I know which day is best for my weight? This coming from a woman who had NO idea how much I weighed in September when I started a plan.

Lynn - so glad to hear you've got the night eating under control. You sound disappointed in yourself for no loss, but hey, celebrate the victory over binges! You've read kaplods posts, right, where she says celebrate the maintains, cause that in itself is more than most people do!

Telorida - Wow, you are doing great with your exercise goals! I love the idea of no TV, unless you're moving. That's a great tool! I know your scale is not cooperating, but it will go down, probably in a nice woosh.

goodnuff - If only we got 'debits' to our weight for those good choices. I really did tell my sister that this week, "But, I turned down king cake, donuts, fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and a sloppy burger. Doesn't that count??!!" LOL, I guess it does count, but I'd like it to add to my daily deficit. I've really been slacking on 3FC & I don't need to, cause even if it's cyber support, it helps, and I need it.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

I'm here. Life continues to be crazy but yesterday afternoon I finally felt a little relief and as if things just may be OK. Don't get me wrong, it is still busy but I think I finally started releasing things yesterday and I am letting God take over. Not sure why I find that so hard to do sometimes. :-)
Anyways, I have not tracked and I was only able to workout once last week. It is looking like I may only get 2 days in this week but I'll take it. I did WI this past Saturday and I was back down 1 pound. I haven't made great food choices since then but I don't feel "out of control". I am giving myself grace today as I am meeting a friend for dinner but I will be back on track tomorrow with tracking and staying within my points.
Lynn: Congrats on not eating at night. That is great! Hang in there the pounds will drop.
Telerida: I too like the idea of no tv except when moving. I know the Wii has a step exercise you can do when you watch tv but I always forget about it. I may have to check that out again. Plus that step up can help these huge hips I have. :-)
Goodnuff: 40 minutes of exercise?? Wow, that is awesome! I know you are glad to get back to your walking. It can be so calming and invigorating!
Rachaelm: Can you please work on figure out how we can get "debits" for all the food we turn down. That would be VERY inspiring! :-) And I agree, I need to be on here more too. It does help.
Stranded, rj293, baileysmomma: How's it going with your goals?
Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!
Closed Thread