Old 11-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #1  
mizmiller

S/C/G: Start 367/322/299

Height: 5'9

Default Old newby Wanting to put myself out their. And a ?

I signed up forever ago but never came back. I am sure that happens around here right? lol

My official highest weight was 367lbs. I am sure I have got up to around 400lbs a couple of times. But right now I am at 322lbs trying to get out of the three's.

My stuck weight is 330. As in I have been their forever.
I want to go really slow because fast just dosent seem to work for me.
I'm looking at small changes over a period of time for each step.
I know it is stupid but my first step was to quit smoking. I am 3 months down on that step.

My second step was to take my meds every day I did good for a month but messed up last week and only took them twice. So I need to reboot that step, but I think it will be ok.

My third baby step was to quit drinking my calories. I have failed miserably at this, so much so I am considering skipping it for now. Mostly I think it would be easier for me to quit drinking coke (I can drink 3 liters a day). But I need my sweet tea.

I have gone back and forth over which diet to chose and I thank I am going with the sandwich diet. It is something I can do, I love eating the same things day in and out. At least for a time. I lost 70lbs in 3 months on the subway diet 7 years ago, two foot longs a day. I was more than likely over 400lbs then.

Im a binge eater. Lexpro really helps with that.
I also have almost no self control and I lack motivation.
I am scared of the gym, I have know clue how to use it and their is no one to show me for less than $60. Cheap gym So extras are really out their.

My question is what websites help/ed you out?

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond!

Last edited by Qcrazymiller; 11-27-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Qcrazymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Firstly no small step to improve your health is "Stupid" quiting smoking is hard and an amazing feat.

I like 3fc, even though I haven't really lost weight in a while I think having everyone here to vent here is helping me maintain my losses for the most part.

I don't have a lot of websites to offer, for me its pretty simple I need to burn more calories than I eat. I just have self control issues and I find it good if I can keep the weight off and stay below 320 that has been a challenge for me.

You mention not having anyone to show you around a Gym, does that mean you do have a gym membership? Just curious.

I live in a small town so my options are limited, but that also means that people are super helpful (maybe they are in the city too but I never tried to work out consistently when I lived in the city).
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

You need to be proud of what great things you have accomplished so far -- quitting smoking is a biggie in my mind (another former smoker here); and you have lost quite a bit of weight already. Coming back here is another one -- becuz it means you are aware and are taking action ...

Whatever plan works for you is the best plan for you. Sam Grossman wrote a book called FIGHTING THE FOOD FIGHT in which he applauds the comfort & ease of eating similar things most days; it's simpler and lots of people already do that.

My main motivation is GOOD HEALTH; it is one that never fades, never leaves you, and never diminishes in my mind. You will benefit later on from doing this now, even preventing health problems related to excess weight. That's the best motivation in my books, anyways.

Do you have a community gym in your area; they are often cheaper, have one-on-one help, and have ladies clubs too. Walking is the best and cheapest exercise of all; and you can do hand-weights at home -- about 3 times a week is good.

I would also recommend a basic vitamin + minerals supplement daily with the plan you are using; actually, I recommend that to everyone to make sure they are getting all the basic nutrients they need each day while losing weight. I agree that losing slowly is the best method; your body is less likely to panic that way.

About the pop issue; that alone could help lose weight, esp since you drink so much of it. How about cutting down at least (have 1 glass a day), then out after a while -- keeping the sweet tea instead. 3 liters of sweetened pop a day adds up to a lot of calories: that's over 1000 calories a day just there. If you just cut that out and nothing else, you could lose 2 lbs a week!

Something to think about, eh?
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #4  
mizmiller

silentarctic thanks for the reply. I have a 9 million dollar community center about a 10 minute walk away I walk their almost every day because the kids go their after school. It is free for them and like $13 a month for me. I am just scared to walk in the gym, I wont know what I am doing. Also I dont count calories as much as I just count fat grams. Is That weird?
Old 11-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/215/160

Height: 5'6"

Quitting smoking is EXCELLENT! Way to go!! (yup, I'm a former smoker too!)

I am an "eat the same thing every day" person too...The same cereal/yogurt combo for breakfast, the same hummus/pita combo (+ a cookie) everyday for lunch. I think this is a great option and it helps keep things simple.

You say you want slow baby steps, and I agree with you. Instead of the gym, just make a commitment to walk outside for twenty minutes or half an hour every day. You can deal with the "scared bec I don't know what to do" thing some time in the future.

A real kicker is your coke/sweet tea thing. They both have caffeine so you will likely have to find some sort of lower calorie substitute for a while. How about mixing unsweetened tea with sweet tea--half and half. Half the calories, all the caffeine. Perhaps you could ration your coke, or use a smaller glass. Every little thing you can do will help!

Good luck!
jessy 49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #6  
tiwiwas

Height: 5'7.5"

Default this site

This site is very helpful to me regardless of the plan you might follow. The inspiration from those who have lost large amounts of weight gives me hope. It keeps me from getting discouraged. Thank you for sharing your story and you should be proud of each step of progress you have made.
tiwiwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #7  
mizmiller

What great advice JW2BH! Ya I feel great when I take my one a day vitamin with energy gummy. I need to go get some. I know the pop has to go! I cant have just 1 a day, I am one of those ppl. Not to blame my hubby but he brings me coke everyday also chips a donuts. He drives me crazy because He likes big girls. Also he eats like crap and wont change. That might be a whole other thread!
Old 11-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Also I dont count calories as much as I just count fat grams. Is That weird?
I don't know if I would call it weird but I am the opposite. Because I eat a lot of nuts and nut butters my fat is almost always over the recommended. I could care less. It is the calories I pay attention to. It is easy to consume a TON of calories over what you need daily (soda) and keep the fat grams down. Very easy.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #9  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Yes, you've got some sabotage going on there; my DH used to do that a bit too (stand around and eat chippies & cookies in front of me), but now has stopped that since he realized what he was doing (I asked him to stop). I now bake him really healthy muffins instead, and that makes him happy. If he wants the other stuff, he buys one single serving and eats it away from me.

I just read your profile and see that health issues have already started; didn't know that when I first replied, but I had similar issues too. Now my sugars are in the normal range (under 7.0 or 112), my BP is much improved (132/80 last reading), and my Cholesterol is pretty good too (200.1); and that's all without meds.

I also keep healthier snacks around the house for myself like nuts (saltless), cheese, yogurt, fruit, etc. You are doing well, considering that challenge; so keep it up ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-27-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote