Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ Monthly Thread #1290

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simultaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

FIRST!!! lol
Thanks Ratkitty, I felt odd missing two TOMS but this one made me wish they'd not come back! How are you doing? I'm REALLY struggling. Have you any dangerous trips organised yet or any camping done?
xxxxx sharon
Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: see ticker

Morning Everyone!! Sorry to hear you are struggling VooDoo!!! I hope things get better for you. Well, today is my official weigh in day, and I am down 4.8 lbs. for this week!!! Yippie!! If I can match that loss next week I will be done with the 300's FOREVER!!! So excited!!! I'm not sure if next week will be so great though because I am comming up on TOM!!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #4  
Aiming to be a fitmom!

S/C/G: 371.4/ticker/150

That is an awesome loss this month SoDetermined! Good luck with TOM! I always struggle at that time.

I have a headache today and i'm sooooo tired, my dog kept me up all night and my son is into everything this morning, i probably need to nap so that i don't skip my workout today.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmom View Post
That is an awesome loss this month SoDetermined! Good luck with TOM! I always struggle at that time.

I have a headache today and i'm sooooo tired, my dog kept me up all night and my son is into everything this morning, i probably need to nap so that i don't skip my workout today.
Thank you!!! I made some pretty drastic changes but I have been doing really good with them. Sorry to hear you have a headach. I used to get miagranes really bad. Not often, but they put me out completely, I was worthless when I had one. It helps if you take whatever pain reliever you use with caffine. How old is your son? I have a six year old daughter, and a seven and five year old boys. I love them babies!!! I ended up losing 20lbs for the month, and 23 from Aug. to today!! I am really happy with that loss, but I am sure at some point it is going to slow down, and I am good with that, as long as it keeps going down!! Well, good luck to ya, and I hope your day gets better.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #6  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Sd,
WTG on the weightloss chickadee!!!

Lynn
Old 09-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie923 View Post
Sd,
WTG on the weightloss chickadee!!!

Lynn
Thank you very much!!! ... we almost got this made Lynnie ... we are both almost out of the 300's!!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all..its me Cyn again! Well we had a bad computer thingy..so its back up and running. Hope everyone is doing on out there.

I have good news!!! I FINALLY got to meet our grand daughter Ayva on Saturday. She is so full of life! My son gets to see her every saturday for 3 hours and this time I went. When she sees him...she motions up up..and he picks her up. She knows thats her daddy.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I would like to join your group. Two years ago I weighed 360 pounds. I found 3FC and joined on 1/6/2011 at 317 pounds. I now weigh 210 pounds thanks to the support on 3FC.

I had mistakenly assumed that the 300+ forum was only for those that wanted to lose 300 or more pounds. I did not realize that it was those who weigh or did weigh 300+ pounds.

Larry,
Old 09-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #10  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
I would like to join your group. Two years ago I weighed 360 pounds. I found 3FC and joined on 1/6/2011 at 317 pounds. I now weigh 210 pounds thanks to the support on 3FC.

I had mistakenly assumed that the 300+ forum was only for those that wanted to lose 300 or more pounds. I did not realize that it was those who weigh or did weigh 300+ pounds.

Larry,
Hi Larry!!! I can't wait to be down at 210. WTG!!!

Lynn
Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #11  

Good Morning Y'all!! And welcome Larry, nice to see a new face!!! That is awesome getting to meet that grandbaby Cyn ... I know you must have been thrilled!!! Well, I had a great active weekend, but didn't do so well on my food ... not my food but drinks. Saturday night was my cousin's birthday, and I truely never go out, but I did, and I drank way to much, and when I started adding it up on my calorie counter I wanted to cry!!! Nothing to do but pick up and move on. Just makes me sad ... all those empty calories. I coulda ate pizza and done just as bad!!! And that pizza would not have given me a headach the next day, LOL!! Oh well, moving on from that. The rest of my week is looking to be good. Got to the store to get groceries, and stocked back up on that front so I have no excuses. I even got some fish!!! Now hopefully I can cook it and it be good!! No worries though, I am usually a really good cook even at new things!! Hope everyone has a great day and stays POP!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #12  
Aiming to be a fitmom!

S/C/G: 371.4/ticker/150

Well done Larry!

SoDetermined- did you at least have fun getting drunk?! I avoided temptation last night, we left to go get alcohol but decided not to in the end and today i am glad we didn't because even if we go later, i won't be getting any.

My weekend hasn't been too productive, i hurt my knee last week, thought it was okay and took my son on a walk on saturday, as well as going getting some groceries. It is killing me today, i have had to take pain pills. So thankful it's labor day so i don't have to take care of our son alone. Hoping if i rest up today it will feel better tomorrow and then i have some exercise to catch up on.

Oh and my Son is almost 10 months old, he's getting into everything and keeps me busier than i used to be lol

Last edited by fatmom; 09-05-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #13  

Greetings my Peeps!

OMG I worked at max capacity in the yard for 4.5 hours. I even stopped 2x for water and fluids. I always find it funny to weigh after a long session in the yard. I was 3 lbs down! That's all fluid weight obviously. I've since rehydrated. I did this under the threat of getting a ticket from the city for a ragged lawn. LOL. I weeded, fixed the stubborned weedeater and busted a knuckle, mowed, picked up limbs, dog toys, edged, swept, pumped up tires for the cart and generator, put away the generator.. phew!

Larry, welcome!! Great to see a new face and congrats on your loss. Even after you lose, there are issues that only the 300# people would understand.

Cyn, yay for seeing grandbaby! Take lots of pictures.

SoDet, ya know, that pizza would have added so much sodium, you'd be tripleX bloated today instead of just the 1x bloated that alcohol does. LOL.

fatmom, wow, 10mo olds are full of energy! Hope your headache goes away.

Sharon, hope all is well!

Lynnie, you WILL get to 210. We will do it!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 09-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 319/307/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post

Larry,
Hey Larry! Welcome

107 pounds since January is VERY impressive - great job - how'd you do it?
Old 09-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #15  
Divine

Sometimes I just want certain people I am related too to just leave me the heck alone. A couple of months ago I was communicating with my sperm donor (father) and then when I told them I can't get them an 8 x 10 picture of me and the hubby right away thay stopped all contact with me. I am not going to go there again I have tried with him for the last 15 - 20 years of my life to come to the conclusion everytime that its not worth it. I get stressed out and feel as though I am walking on eggshells with these people everytime. So the last 2 months they have tried to get cousins that I don't even know to friend me on facebook. Its stupid for me to accept them because I don't know them. But the thing is I know its my stepmother and sperm donor trying to get a glimpse of whats going on in my life without making exact contact. CHILDISH!!!! I am to old for their game playing and chaos. So here I am venting to you all about my sperm donor and wicked stepmother. I really don't need this crapola in my life right now.

Thanks
Lynn
Closed Thread