Old 08-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #16  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshalesha View Post
I have been averaging about 400 calories per meal and about 100 calories for a snack. Except for today I have been WELL UNDER my 2000 calories. Today was a special treat. My mom took us to Dairy Queen when I picked the kids up from school. My small blizzard was more than any of the meals I ate all day...oh well...

I was just reading the comments on that recipe...Use foil liners and subtract a couple of eggs if adding lots of veggies, also place muffin tin on a cookie sheet incase of over flowing.

I cant wait till Wednesday when I can go Grocery shopping. I have been collecting recipes all day for next weeks meal plan...
The multigrain cereal you can add fruit too to get more calories. Or you can add another cup of cereal which I sometimes do also. But the fruit will give you something more when you eat it.

Lynn
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'9"

My daughter is BiG on BrEaKfAsT, so I usually have to cook something ... pancakes, bacon and eggs, sausage biscuts, or biscuts and gravy, etc. BUT I can't have that, so I usually just grab a banana and a low fat fruit yogurt. I am usually not really hungry in the mornings, I am not a big breakfast eater. But, having to cook all that yummie stuff for Dakota makes me hungry, so I grab something healthy to keep the other stuff at bay. LOL ... those smoothies you make sound super yummie though!!!
SoDetermined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #18  
Aiming to be a fitmom!

S/C/G: 371.4/ticker/150

I don't think you overeat for breakfast, jmo though! I try to have around 400 calories, more sometimes for breakfast because if i don't i'll be back in the fridge an hour later hungry, plus i get tired!

Today i had, oatmeal, 8 oz fat free milk, 1/4 canteloupe, 2 cups Watermelon. Approx 340 calories.

I don't eat the same everyday, it switches from week to week based on groceries. Some days it's whole wheat toast, PB, milk or yogurt and fruit. I tend to eat it spaced out though because i'm chasing my son between bites lol

Weekends- omlette with veggies, toast and sometimes juice.

Snacks, depends on how many calories. For me, heres some of the ones i tend to choose from: pistachios (unsalted), almonds, spoon of PB, banana, yogurt, granola bar, cucumbers and carrots, wheat thins. I can't rmember any more.

Greek Yogurt- i LOVE it. I usually end up with Chobani 0%. I like the strawberry, pomegranate and the cherry. It is thicker and creamier than regular yogurt, also more filling for me. Try it!
fatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Breakfast isn't too important to me, so I don't mind going light on it (I usually budget 300 calories for it). I kind of amp up as the day goes on - I have 400 calories for lunch and then a big 500 for dinner (sometimes more if I'm able to save up from an afternoon snack or something). Try to see when you're most hungry in the day; maybe you're opposite of me and need more calories early in the day.

I usually have cereal (Kix or Crispix) and a chobani for breakfast. I feel like you really get a lot of Kix for one serving as compared to most other cereals (1 1/4 cups plus 1/2 cup milk for 140 calories). Sometimes I'll substitute in a Nature Valley granola bar and eat a smaller yogurt serving. If I have time, I'll make an egg sandwich or scrambled eggs with turkey bacon and reduced fat cheese along with toast and jam. Occasionally I like to take two of the Eggo Low Fat Nutrigrain waffles (140 calories) and drizzle melted peanut butter on them (1 TBSP is another 90 - 100 calories). With the leftover 60 - 70 calories I can have either a fried egg, piece of fruit, or I could splurge on putting more peanut butter on the waffles. If I have a banana I like to cut it up and put it on the waffle before drizzling the peanut butter
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/154/127

Height: 5'3

I like Protien Bars...they are so easy and I'm always running late getting my daughter up and ready. If I have time, a bowl of high fiber cereal or sugar free oatmeal. Also it depends on if i'm counting calories or points at the time!
meg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 305/296/160

Height: 5'10

WOW!! Sooo many options and really good choices. THANK YOU ALL!!
sheshalesha is offline   Reply With Quote