3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300 + Monthly Thread # 1287 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/234588-300-monthly-thread-1287-a.html)

dogpal 06-01-2011 12:15 PM

300 + Monthly Thread # 1287

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simultaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!

dogpal 06-01-2011 12:22 PM

Well it looks like my attempt at starting a new thread worked :) Good morning all.

I'mTrying: Congrats on the walking. I am so proud of you! You really are doing a wonderful job!

I'm feeling pretty good. I cleaned yesterday a lot but took my time and stretched it out to an all day chore what really would have been about an hour's time maybe two. Went to Costco last eve. with Joel then home.

Today I'm going to try to finish my housework. I only have 2 more rooms to dust then vacuum and mop most of the house. I'm kind of waiting a bit because it is so dark outside (clouds) and we are supposed to get more rain, thunder and lightning which means two big ole puppies in the house with me. Hard to clean when they are under foot especially the mopping part! So, I may dust and vacuum then do the mopping later. Who knows. Just gabbing to myself lol.

I hope you all have a wonderful op day!

Blessings,
Annie

dgramie 06-01-2011 02:40 PM

Hi annie- sorry its a gloomy day there. Glad you feel like doing some housework. I love your picture.
Im having a good day and getting all the winter bedding done and put away for a few months. Food has been great and planning ahead for eating at subway tonight.
Hugs

Lovely 06-01-2011 02:43 PM

Hellooooooo June! :D

Hi Annie, thanks for starting the new month. I so very much need to work on a few rooms in the house. And laundry!

Today is ... day 97 of the countdown. Not far in, but I'm feeling solid about it. I didn't feel like doing my yoga this morning, but I forced myself to get up on the treadmill for my 10 minutes of exercise...annndddd.... I felt so good I pushed myself to do 20! minutes.

Feel pretty happy about that. :yes:

Hope everyone's doing well today!

NotTheCheat 06-01-2011 04:58 PM

Welcome to June all!

Annie - Can you come clean my house too? :laugh:

dgramie - It must feel good to have that done. I really need to pack up my winter clothes.

Lovely - I love the OP countdown idea! Very cool!

So after being wheat free for well over a week, I tried some yesterday and WOW. I was itchy, puffy, the works. I have scheduled an appointment with an allergist for a full round of allergy testing.

Since I did that, the scale is likely to be up tomorrow, but then it usually is every other week anyway for no apparent reason. :)

We currently have a tornado watch, which is crazy, because I live in Connecticut. We don't get tornadoes here much.

Heather 06-01-2011 07:08 PM

Annie -- Thanks so much for starting the new thread!!!!

azcyn 06-04-2011 10:53 AM

HI all....its been FOREVER!!!!

I am so glad to be back here. Life got really messy for a while..and I took a big break from my social sites. :(

I hope everyone out there is doing ok????

I see new faces..and some old ones :)

I have missed you guys!!!!!!!!! Or shall I say gals!! Will catch up later with a better post!!!!!!

OregonLady 06-04-2011 02:09 PM

Good morning everyone:) I am new here (posted under introductions) and have been lurking around the different forums here, and thought this one would prob be my best fit:)
Today is my first day without soda.. i average 2800 cals a day in just soda so it's about time i gave it up huh? lol.... i usually only eat once a day and then about 1k-1200 cals, but i know thats not healthy so this morning i had a few grapes when i got up... i know, its not the best breakfast, but was about all i could stomach.
well, i look forward to getting to know you all...hope youre having a great day:)

SeeImTryin 06-04-2011 02:19 PM

Oregonlady: congratulations on a day without soda. It does get better. I'm two weeks without soda and feeling much better! Keep up the good work!

lynnie923 06-04-2011 04:27 PM

Hey gang!! Just wanted to stop by and say hey. I am feeling pretty good this weekend. But we will see what the scale says tomorrow.

Lynn

Ratkitten 06-04-2011 04:58 PM

Greetings Peeps!

OMG hi Cyn!!! Great to see you!

Welcome Oregan!! :welcome:

I've been so lazy today. It's been a wonderfully beautiful day out and I've been playing mousie with Boss kitty and giving out pets to all. Boss kitty has figured out that if he bops me on the nose with his paw while I'm sleeping, I'll wake up. UGH! How can you be mad at something so cute?

Hugs to all!
Ratkity

lostbutstilltrying 06-05-2011 11:16 AM

Hi all, I'm pretty new as well - just starting to post to some forums again after a long absence! Have been feeling yucky, but am really looking forward to getting out of the house this week and working towards my June exercise minutes goal! hope everyone has a great week!

lynnie923 06-05-2011 11:51 AM

I am so mad that I could just go into the refrigerator and devour everything in sight. I am just so tired of living in this situation how can anyone be successful when your emotions are out of control.

Lynn

Ratkitten 06-05-2011 01:11 PM

Hiya My Peeps!

Welcome Lost! :welcome:

Sorry to hear about your situation being unbearable again, Lynnie. You said something very prophetic though "how can anyone be successful when your emotions are out of control?" I am working through a bunch of anger towards several of my family members and see that my eating gets way out of control when something triggers that emotion.

I guess "working through it" means acknowledging that the anger exists as a first step. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. My prior MO was to change people, places or things to get out of the situation. Doesn't work with family. I seem to carry those emotions no matter where I am.

Hugs,
Ratkity

OregonLady 06-05-2011 01:17 PM

Good morning everyone:)
Well, I went one full day yesterday without soda. Other than the horrible headache it wasnt too bad lol...there is an elementary school across the street with a track and i walked around that 6 times which is a mile...not a really big thing, but it is for me kinda... i dont move much since i have gotten so big.
i hope everyone is having a good day...wish me luck my head doesnt hurt today like yesterday lol

silentarctic 06-05-2011 01:39 PM

Lynnie - We can do it, I woke up still stressed, weather permitting, can you go for a walk right now? Drink some water, and get a little excercise if its possible? I am cleaning in between posts to keep busy but sounds like you need to get out of your house for a bit!

SeeImTryin 06-05-2011 01:46 PM

aww, Lynnie I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Hang in there. Keep tryin to fight that vicious cycle of feeling bad - eating - feeling worse. I have done this all my life and well, here I am. Hope you feel better!!!!

Ratkitten 06-05-2011 04:48 PM

Oregan, that is fabbo!! Well, not the headache, but going a day without soda AND walking a mile.

Keep up the great work!

Hugs,
Ratkity

lostbutstilltrying 06-06-2011 10:53 AM

thanks everybody! I love the glowing welcome Ratkitten!

@azcyn hi! I'm back after a long time away too! its good to be back

@lynnie923 - I think we just have to do the best we can when things are really trying, these patches don't last forever and we just keep posting and pick up and keep going ...... I understand because I'm so blue today I just want to eat and cry and stay in bed ....... so tomorrow I am gonna take some kids to a sculpture park - I'll be to busy to be sad

@OregonLady, you're doing better than me! I've been trying to give up soda for months now! not there yet

Snaplet 06-06-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnie923 (Post 3878751)
I am so mad that I could just go into the refrigerator and devour everything in sight. I am just so tired of living in this situation how can anyone be successful when your emotions are out of control.

If your best friend told you about her life and the story she was telling you was your own, would you feel outraged for her? Well, then it's okay to feel outraged for yourself!! Anger isn't a bad thing. It's just an emotion. If it gets overwhelming it's okay to let it out; punch pillows, pound nails, pummel stuffies, scream in the car with the windows rolled up, find a way to spend that energy. When you're ready, it's even okay to tell other people that you don't like what they are saying or doing. 2 important rules for letting it out: No breaking things and no hurting people that includes yourself. Whatever you are feeling, everything that you're feeling is okay. Really, it is all okay.

Oh boy, that felt like a lecture and I didn't mean it that way. I had to tell myself some of this stuff over and over and over again before I learned to allow myself to feel things and stop punishing myself...

dogpal 06-06-2011 12:25 PM

Hi all,

Been MIA since I started the thread on the 1st. I had tons of shopping to do and did it then walked passed someone smoking and they were letting the smoke out of their lungs right when we passed and it took my breath away. I have been really struggling since then. Now Doc is seriously thinking to test my lungs too that I have asthma. I am feeling better today than I did yesteday etc. so that means I'm on the med back to where I need to be.

Debi: Thanks for the compliments on the pic. I love my hammock. lol. Joel just hung it up for me yesterday and I swung on it for a little while until Moosie attacked me. lol. I'm glad that you got your winter blankets done. I did it wayyyyy too early. We had a warm spell in May and then it got cold again. It is finally warming up here.

Lovely: woo hoo for doing an extra 10 min on the treadmill!!!

Nancy: Sorry that you are having allergies. That stinks. I hope they can find the culprit soon. Hugs.

Heather: :)

Cyn: Glad to see you back. Sorry that you have been going through it!

Oreganlady: Welcome!! I am so proud of you for the no soda thing. It is so hard to change things but you can do it! I haven't had a soda pop for 4 years!!! I feel so much better without it in my body. Keep on going hon.

See: Woot Woot for 2 weeks without soda.

Lynnie: Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

Rat: Boss Kitty does sound cute. He/she sure knows how to get mamma's attention huh? lol.

Lost: :)

Snaplet: I'm sure that Lynnie knows that you are saying those things with care and not as a repremand. No worries. hugs.

Well all, I guess that is about it for now. I have laundry in the dryer to fold and the white clothes to get into the dryer and one more load of clothes to wash. One of my 3 sisters is coming to visit with her 13 year old son tomorrow. They will be here for a week or maybe more. I'm super excited to be able to see her. She is a year and a half younger than I am and we are super close. She is coming from Montana about 3 hours away. Can't wait!!!

I hope you all have a very blessed and op day,
Annie

lynnie923 06-06-2011 12:50 PM

Thanks everyone!!!

OregonLady 06-06-2011 02:42 PM

@Lostbutstilltrying- I am not going to give it up completely or i know that i will fail just because i love it so much...i am going to allow myself 1 can twice a week at first... if my weightloss stalls then i may have to rethink it....

good morning everyone:) things are going better than i thought they would with the exercise and giving up soda... the hardest part is making myself eat in the mornings.. i woke up at 8am, and wasnt able to eat till 11 15am , but its better than waiting till dinner like i used to lol... i just had a spoonful of cottage cheese, and about 3 oz of turkey ham. not enough cals prob for breakfast, but its something.
gonna try to walk 2 miles on the track today, but not holding my breath.. lol.. my legs get soooo tired.. its like i have NO muscle tone whatsoever.
hope everyone is having a good day... :)

lostbutstilltrying 06-07-2011 09:58 AM

@OregonLady, there is a type of dieting that is popular right now called IF (intermittent fasting) where people use a "window" of eating according to their natural eating rhythms ....... I for example am a late afternoon, evening eater but I rarely want anything for breakfast ....... so I have a glass of milk and don't start eating till noon most days .... Now this works for me, but may not be for you .... but maybe it reflects your current cycle. either way don't sweat it if you don't have huge breakfast in the morning - I still make good use of my calories each day and have plenty of energy - Just remember, find what works for you!

Am crazy today, am off to take a group of kids to an outdoor sculpture garden in this heat! Luckily I froze a bunch of juice pouches last night so hopefully we all survive!!

Torister 06-07-2011 11:43 AM

Just popping in to say "HI"! Annie, I sure hope they figure out what is going on with you healthwise. I am sure it is very frustrating for you.

Well, I am in the middle of a major life change. DH has decided he no longer wants to be married to me and has moved in with his GF. Yes, I said GF! This was quite unexpected and I am just trying to stay afloat!! I can proudly say that I have not turned to food for comfort as I most definitely would have in the past. I have made many healthy changes in my life and am no longer self medicating with food when something comes up. I am dealing with each challenge and the emotions that come with it. Altho, this is really testing the boundaries!! We would have been married 22 years this Fall. I try to stay positive and I do believe God has a plan for each of us....even if it is not clear to me. In His hands and with His guidance I will be OK. Who knows what the 2nd half of my life has in store for me!

lynnie923 06-07-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torister (Post 3881689)
Just popping in to say "HI"! Annie, I sure hope they figure out what is going on with you healthwise. I am sure it is very frustrating for you.

Well, I am in the middle of a major life change. DH has decided he no longer wants to be married to me and has moved in with his GF. Yes, I said GF! This was quite unexpected and I am just trying to stay afloat!! I can proudly say that I have not turned to food for comfort as I most definitely would have in the past. I have made many healthy changes in my life and am no longer self medicating with food when something comes up. I am dealing with each challenge and the emotions that come with it. Altho, this is really testing the boundaries!! We would have been married 22 years this Fall. I try to stay positive and I do believe God has a plan for each of us....even if it is not clear to me. In His hands and with His guidance I will be OK. Who knows what the 2nd half of my life has in store for me!

Thats right hunny don't dwell on it!!! I will support you in your journey of your second part of life. :hug:

Lynn

Ratkitten 06-07-2011 02:13 PM

Torister, :hug::hug:

Hang in there,
Ratkity

SeeImTryin 06-07-2011 03:24 PM

Torister: You are so positive. What a devastating thing to have happen to you. God Bless you on your journey. I'm so sorry you are going through this.:hug:

lostbutstilltrying 06-07-2011 06:28 PM

Torister: hugs from me too! - you can change that D in DH to Dork from me!

That D doesn't realize he is obviously missing out on a great lady with a great attitude! You can count that fat between his ears as healthy weight loss, since you obviously don't need it

- but you can always come here to vent and cry if ya need to instead of reaching for the cookies!

MrsTee 06-07-2011 07:57 PM

Hi - quick question, what do you mean by soda? Coca-Cola?

lynnie923 06-08-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsTee (Post 3882354)
Hi - quick question, what do you mean by soda? Coca-Cola?

yes Coca Cola, pepsi, diet coke, diet pepsi, etc......

NotTheCheat 06-08-2011 08:40 PM

Torister - Don't know how I missed that, but wow. :hug: You sound REALLY collected about the situation.

I have been a bit out of sorts and I think I have figured it out. I tend to let myself slip into "future think" when I stop living for today because everything is going to be so awesome when...I lose weight, get a new bf, whatever. That is no way to live! I have to live in the now with my eyes on my future goals so I am doing the right things to meet my tomorrows, but I have to live for today. I'm feeling better already. :)

Lovely 06-09-2011 06:31 AM

:hug: & :wave: !!!

My sleep schedule has been all kinds of crazy. No lie, my food gets out of whack when I'm not on a regular day, but what happens is I don't get -enough- food... which is truly detrimental in the long-haul. So tonight I'm getting to bed on time and getting up on time. No excuses. Just like any other plan.

Good news: Been exercising still. But, my thighs kinda hurt. So I'm just gonna do the minimum today. Don't wanna push it, end up hurt, and then be without exercise for weeks or something.

Torister - Just adding my :hug:. I'm really sorry life had to throw you this curve ball, but amazed and encouraged that you're not turning to food right now.

Nancy - Live for today! 100% agree! :yes:

Annie - Ugh! Sucks that that happened! I hope you're better now after that smoke, though. :hug:

Lots of :hug: & sincere :goodvibes for everyone!

lostbutstilltrying 06-09-2011 09:40 AM

I am going to admit this here and then I'm gonna try to move on, I'm jealous of so many of you chicks! so close to 300, or so committed to getting it done or able to do some serious exercise like walk 2 miles or do Zumba! Wow! There I admitted it! Now I just have let it go and turn it in to the motivation to keep going and know that I will get there!

MrsTee 06-10-2011 01:37 AM

Hi lost - you're so close to 299 too - 15 lbs is nothing - couple of months and its gone - think how quickly the last two months have gone - and there you go....
I WANT to get to 299 with you all - so let's go to it!!!!!!

gggirls 06-10-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostbutstilltrying (Post 3884554)
I am going to admit this here and then I'm gonna try to move on, I'm jealous of so many of you chicks! so close to 300, or so committed to getting it done or able to do some serious exercise like walk 2 miles or do Zumba! Wow! There I admitted it! Now I just have let it go and turn it in to the motivation to keep going and know that I will get there!

Lost - I so related to that too! For me, after listening to these wonderful women I realized I could start to exercise too. It was just something I never considered - my only exercise was to the fridge and back. I had to start to change my mindset. Exercise has done so many things for me - when you are ready start with babysteps - a short walk, chair yoga, there was a wonderful woman here who did flutter kicks laying in bed because that was all she could do, whatever works for you. Believe me - when you are ready you'll enjoy the exercise part. Exercise has become a part of my life and helped me get rid of 85 lbs forever.

gggirls 06-10-2011 05:39 AM

Annie, Rat, Nancy - see my post above - any word on Catherine?

Hugs to all!

lostbutstilltrying 06-10-2011 07:52 AM

Happy Friday All! I'm up early to clean the bathroom before the repairman comes to fix a leaky faucet - nothing like pressure to motivate you to do what you should have done before!

Just wanted to say Hi to all! and wish everybody a great OP weekend!

Lovely 06-11-2011 09:37 AM

Just popping in here to wish everyone a Happy Saturday and hope you have fun weekends! ^^

lynnie923 06-11-2011 12:31 PM

Well I don't have to babysit on Weekends!!! YAY!!! But i miss the little ornery bugger