3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300 + Monthly Thread # 1287 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/234588-300-monthly-thread-1287-a.html)

dogpal 06-01-2011 12:15 PM

300 + Monthly Thread # 1287

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simultaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!

dogpal 06-01-2011 12:22 PM

Well it looks like my attempt at starting a new thread worked :) Good morning all.

I'mTrying: Congrats on the walking. I am so proud of you! You really are doing a wonderful job!

I'm feeling pretty good. I cleaned yesterday a lot but took my time and stretched it out to an all day chore what really would have been about an hour's time maybe two. Went to Costco last eve. with Joel then home.

Today I'm going to try to finish my housework. I only have 2 more rooms to dust then vacuum and mop most of the house. I'm kind of waiting a bit because it is so dark outside (clouds) and we are supposed to get more rain, thunder and lightning which means two big ole puppies in the house with me. Hard to clean when they are under foot especially the mopping part! So, I may dust and vacuum then do the mopping later. Who knows. Just gabbing to myself lol.

I hope you all have a wonderful op day!

Blessings,
Annie

dgramie 06-01-2011 02:40 PM

Hi annie- sorry its a gloomy day there. Glad you feel like doing some housework. I love your picture.
Im having a good day and getting all the winter bedding done and put away for a few months. Food has been great and planning ahead for eating at subway tonight.
Hugs

Lovely 06-01-2011 02:43 PM

Hellooooooo June! :D

Hi Annie, thanks for starting the new month. I so very much need to work on a few rooms in the house. And laundry!

Today is ... day 97 of the countdown. Not far in, but I'm feeling solid about it. I didn't feel like doing my yoga this morning, but I forced myself to get up on the treadmill for my 10 minutes of exercise...annndddd.... I felt so good I pushed myself to do 20! minutes.

Feel pretty happy about that. :yes:

Hope everyone's doing well today!

NotTheCheat 06-01-2011 04:58 PM

Welcome to June all!

Annie - Can you come clean my house too? :laugh:

dgramie - It must feel good to have that done. I really need to pack up my winter clothes.

Lovely - I love the OP countdown idea! Very cool!

So after being wheat free for well over a week, I tried some yesterday and WOW. I was itchy, puffy, the works. I have scheduled an appointment with an allergist for a full round of allergy testing.

Since I did that, the scale is likely to be up tomorrow, but then it usually is every other week anyway for no apparent reason. :)

We currently have a tornado watch, which is crazy, because I live in Connecticut. We don't get tornadoes here much.

Heather 06-01-2011 07:08 PM

Annie -- Thanks so much for starting the new thread!!!!

azcyn 06-04-2011 10:53 AM

HI all....its been FOREVER!!!!

I am so glad to be back here. Life got really messy for a while..and I took a big break from my social sites. :(

I hope everyone out there is doing ok????

I see new faces..and some old ones :)

I have missed you guys!!!!!!!!! Or shall I say gals!! Will catch up later with a better post!!!!!!

OregonLady 06-04-2011 02:09 PM

Good morning everyone:) I am new here (posted under introductions) and have been lurking around the different forums here, and thought this one would prob be my best fit:)
Today is my first day without soda.. i average 2800 cals a day in just soda so it's about time i gave it up huh? lol.... i usually only eat once a day and then about 1k-1200 cals, but i know thats not healthy so this morning i had a few grapes when i got up... i know, its not the best breakfast, but was about all i could stomach.
well, i look forward to getting to know you all...hope youre having a great day:)

SeeImTryin 06-04-2011 02:19 PM

Oregonlady: congratulations on a day without soda. It does get better. I'm two weeks without soda and feeling much better! Keep up the good work!

lynnie923 06-04-2011 04:27 PM

Hey gang!! Just wanted to stop by and say hey. I am feeling pretty good this weekend. But we will see what the scale says tomorrow.

Lynn

Ratkitten 06-04-2011 04:58 PM

Greetings Peeps!

OMG hi Cyn!!! Great to see you!

Welcome Oregan!! :welcome:

I've been so lazy today. It's been a wonderfully beautiful day out and I've been playing mousie with Boss kitty and giving out pets to all. Boss kitty has figured out that if he bops me on the nose with his paw while I'm sleeping, I'll wake up. UGH! How can you be mad at something so cute?

Hugs to all!
Ratkity

lostbutstilltrying 06-05-2011 11:16 AM

Hi all, I'm pretty new as well - just starting to post to some forums again after a long absence! Have been feeling yucky, but am really looking forward to getting out of the house this week and working towards my June exercise minutes goal! hope everyone has a great week!

lynnie923 06-05-2011 11:51 AM

I am so mad that I could just go into the refrigerator and devour everything in sight. I am just so tired of living in this situation how can anyone be successful when your emotions are out of control.

Lynn

Ratkitten 06-05-2011 01:11 PM

Hiya My Peeps!

Welcome Lost! :welcome:

Sorry to hear about your situation being unbearable again, Lynnie. You said something very prophetic though "how can anyone be successful when your emotions are out of control?" I am working through a bunch of anger towards several of my family members and see that my eating gets way out of control when something triggers that emotion.

I guess "working through it" means acknowledging that the anger exists as a first step. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. My prior MO was to change people, places or things to get out of the situation. Doesn't work with family. I seem to carry those emotions no matter where I am.

Hugs,
Ratkity

OregonLady 06-05-2011 01:17 PM

Good morning everyone:)
Well, I went one full day yesterday without soda. Other than the horrible headache it wasnt too bad lol...there is an elementary school across the street with a track and i walked around that 6 times which is a mile...not a really big thing, but it is for me kinda... i dont move much since i have gotten so big.
i hope everyone is having a good day...wish me luck my head doesnt hurt today like yesterday lol