Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Monthly Thread #1285

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simultaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Thanks for starting our thread heather

Lynne: hang in there. I feel your pain. Depression and getting down on yourself are both diet killers. Hang in there and keep a stiff upper lip.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 04-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #3  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Thanks Annie!!! I try to stay up and the positive thread helps in many ways.

Lynn
Old 04-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Hey lovelies, I'm popping back in... the last couple months have been insane! I was doing a bunch of dating up in Thunder Bay and it was great, and then I fell hard for one of the people I was seeing... she and I are really happy right now, and I'm loving exploring where this could do. In the course of the whirlwind I gained back 8 pounds so I came home at 275. Frustrating! But it's gone again, and now I'm back on the downward climb! Best friends' wedding is in four weeks, which is so exciting! What a dream it would be to be in the 250s for such an event! Either way, though, it'll be an exciting day. And then back to Thunder Bay to spend some more time with my girl once placement and the wedding are out of the way.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #5  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

I am new here, and I just wanted to say hi to everyone here.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #6  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliej View Post
I am new here, and I just wanted to say hi to everyone here.
Welcome to 3fc!! Wish you luck and lots of support through it!!!

Lynn
Old 04-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #7  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonwildflower View Post
Hey lovelies, I'm popping back in... the last couple months have been insane! I was doing a bunch of dating up in Thunder Bay and it was great, and then I fell hard for one of the people I was seeing... she and I are really happy right now, and I'm loving exploring where this could do. In the course of the whirlwind I gained back 8 pounds so I came home at 275. Frustrating! But it's gone again, and now I'm back on the downward climb! Best friends' wedding is in four weeks, which is so exciting! What a dream it would be to be in the 250s for such an event! Either way, though, it'll be an exciting day. And then back to Thunder Bay to spend some more time with my girl once placement and the wedding are out of the way.
Welcome Back!!!

Lynn
Old 04-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #8  

Neon: Welcome back! That weight will come back off before you know it. Congrats on your happiness

Millie: Welcome. Jump right in whenever and wherever you feel like it. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better

Lynne: Hi there. I hope you are having a wonderful day

Well hugs to everyone else that is missing from this thread right now. I hope you are all doing something fantastic and fat free

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 04-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #9  
Divine

well ladies,
I didn't do so good this week. I have a 4.4 lbs gain in my weight but I did lose some inches. Alot disappointed but hope fully next week is better. Have to go to Walmart and I am kinda afraid; guess why?

The EASTER CANDY will be calling my name

Lynn

Last edited by lynnie923; 04-03-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Lynnie is it your TOM that's due? I can gain quite a bit when mine is due. xxxx
Annie I hope yu are taking things steady and enjoying yourself! Has bil gone yet? It was very insensitive what he said but I've heard it before too, why?? I hope you're not getting stressed by him, great tht Joel is home.xxxxxxxxx
Ratkitty hope you are still having fun with your kitty! Pets really do make you smile, today Rolo decided to climb our apple tree coz there were four boys climbing it (one of mine & sis' three) he didn't get up very high though, lol! xxxxx
Neon great to see you are in a happy new relationship and getting into 'teacher' mode.xxxxx
I rejoined Slimming World (don't think they have it in the US) and had a NASTY shock on the scales! Why does it take 2 months to lose 10lbs but only 1 WEEK to gain it back???? Anyway I'm enjoying pasta, rice and fruits again, LOVELY!!! And I can't drink booze, well only a little, so I'm limited which is good. My first 'official' weigh-in is on Thursday so I'm hoping for a good loss as TOM arrived Friday and I always struggle with swelling up then.
xxxxx sharon
Old 04-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #11  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1 View Post
Lynnie is it your TOM that's due? I can gain quite a bit when mine is due. xxxx
Annie I hope yu are taking things steady and enjoying yourself! Has bil gone yet? It was very insensitive what he said but I've heard it before too, why?? I hope you're not getting stressed by him, great tht Joel is home.xxxxxxxxx
Ratkitty hope you are still having fun with your kitty! Pets really do make you smile, today Rolo decided to climb our apple tree coz there were four boys climbing it (one of mine & sis' three) he didn't get up very high though, lol! xxxxx
Neon great to see you are in a happy new relationship and getting into 'teacher' mode.xxxxx
I rejoined Slimming World (don't think they have it in the US) and had a NASTY shock on the scales! Why does it take 2 months to lose 10lbs but only 1 WEEK to gain it back???? Anyway I'm enjoying pasta, rice and fruits again, LOVELY!!! And I can't drink booze, well only a little, so I'm limited which is good. My first 'official' weigh-in is on Thursday so I'm hoping for a good loss as TOM arrived Friday and I always struggle with swelling up then.
xxxxx sharon
Its my PMS week TOM comes the following week.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #12  

Lynn: Just say no to the Easter Candy. Nothing tastes better than a pound lost! Hugs and hang in there. Maybe you gained muscle? I know you have been doing lots of squats and stuff and maybe you are building muscle?

Sharon: I hope that you do well at Slimming World. I talked to Ammi about it once and she said it was similar to our Weight Watchers a bit. Best of wishes to you on it. I won't say luck because I don't believe you need luck. You got this girlfriend. Just plug away at it! Hugs.

Well, my brother in law is gone and It wasn't stressing me much because I spend 3 days in the hospital that he was here. lol. The last day he was here he came with Joel and stayed for a few hours at the hospital talking to me and it was actually quite nice. I laughed a lot. I laugh easily. I guess easily entertained. My mind is always thinking of the funny things in life. I think being with Joel for almost 26 years has rubbed off on me. He is so funny and good and kind I'm very blessed. My brother in law lives in Tennessee and he has to fly all over the US and a lot of the World so he gets airline miles for free and he said he is saving up some for us to come back and visit him soon. I got nervous but when Joel asked my Dr. about it he said not right now until my blood pressure can stabilize. So that was a relief but also, I thought about it and thought it wold be fun to go to his house because he has some property and I love the country I love going to my Dad's not just because I'm a daddy's girl but also because he has 50 acres right on the Snake River and all around him are farms as big as his so there are not a lot of people around.

Well sweeties, I am off now. I am really tired and need to think about taking a nap maybe

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #13  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi there my darlings,

I have not been here in a few days, just busy and just posting on one thread sometimes keeps me at the computer for a while and daddy gets antsy. LOL He hates the computer and I love it!!! Since he loves me so much, I gotta give in here and there. LOL

Hi there Neon,
glad to see ya. I knew I had been missing you for awhile, glad you are back. It is so nice to meet someone you really like and I hope all goes well for the two of new. Have fun, take the time to learn one another, it can take one's true colors a while to show, and I hope they are good colors. No worries about the gain, this too shall pass, you back on track and you will have them off again in no time flat!!! You know you can turn that dream into a reality and be ready for that friends wedding. I am betting you will get it done.

Millie,
Welcome Welcome and Welcome again!!! Come back and post often so we can get to know you better!!

Lynn,
I agree with Annie, you are probably gaining muscle, give yourself a pat on the back for that, and next week....who know, maybe those 4 pounds will have vanished into thin air. Now wouldn't that be lovely!!!! Stay away, far away from that Easter candy, so when it calls your name, you cant hear it...that might work. Congrats on being binge free for 5 whole days.

Sharon,
Good to know you rejoined your plan..I am on WW and love it. I so understand about that darn weight....forever to lose it and in the twinkling of an eye it's back. Makes you wanna holla, throw up both your hands!!! LOL I bet you will do just fine. My offical WI day is Thurs too. Great minds, right?

Annie,
you crack me up!! LOL Now promise me no more passing out, you scared the bjesus out of me. That is so nice the visit was a good one, and I cannot wait to hear about yours once you can make it. I love Tennessee, did a grand opening there for Costco some years back, ate really well since I had not started this journey. All I can say is Bar b Que and fried green tomatoes and fried pickles ummmmm ummmm good!!!!! So you are a daddy's little girl too, so was I. I miss my daddy ( Father) sooooo much!!! Snake River, awesome, I have a picture of that as my screen saver, I was so taken by it the first time I ever saw it!

Rat, where is my precious Rat????? Miss you!!

Well ladies, having a great day, my nieces have come to visit me and that makes me happy so I am out of here!! Smooches

HUgs love and blessings,
AGs
Old 04-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #14  

Hello Ebrebody!! I'm Home!!

Home? From where? Well, was helping a fellow camper construct her little camper. I stayed in her backyard with my little teardrop. Left the doggies at home. There were ponies and I didn't want to sleep with doggies who had rolled in good old pony poo. ewwwww! LOL. We got a lot done on the little camper, but now I feel it. OW OW OW! Quads are screaming!!

I went down the stairs into the basement to do laundry after sitting for a while checking email..... OW (step) OW (step) repeat six times. Did I mention I hurt?! LOL.

Her place was near the coast of Maryland and the weather was quite cold. It was the wind that was killer.

Neon, welcome back home!!

Millie, welcome!!! Glad you are here. Just jump right in. I ramble on about stuff going on it life. I try to throw in some good stuff too lol.

Speaking of good stuff, I was climbing up a ladder and working hard all weekend. I don't think I could do that 120 lbs ago! I still got tired though. Dang lack of stamina. I could have done better with vitamins (missed 2). No out of order eating, although I could have upped the protein more (always a goal to go as high as I can).

Hugs to all, I missed ya!
Ratkity
Old 04-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #15  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey everyone

hope ya'll are doin okay this evening!

just finished up with some exercise time on the wii fit, and oooh man, that hula hoop game kicks my booty every time. it seems to work every muscle between your boobs and your knees. (especially the lower stomach)... i think i may have just enough energy for one more go 'round on the step and then it's time for dinner.

nothing exciting though. just oatmeal... but hey, it's supposed to help lower blood pressure!
Closed Thread