3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Question about loose skin (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/227617-question-about-loose-skin.html)

Tamlynne31 03-08-2011 07:41 PM

Question about loose skin

I know its silly to even think about it right now since I just started but I am curious about it. I asked in another forum I belonged to and was attacked for even asking so I hope I can ask here.

I am over 300 lbs. I KNOW I will have loose skin. I have never lost weight before especially a large amount. I know there are some girls here that have been 300 lbs and lost alot so I am curious how bad is the loose skin? And when you have it does it ever tighten up? Is there anything you can do to help tighten it up while you are dieting and exercising?

I know its alot of questions but I would just like to know what I am in for because I AM doing it this time!!

Thanks so much for reading and helping me everyone! This place has been so great so far!

Heather 03-08-2011 07:52 PM

It was a concern of mine when I started. And yes, there was some loose skin. But it wasn't as bad as I feared and was MUCH better than weighing 300 pounds!!

Tamlynne31 03-08-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather (Post 3749170)
It was a concern of mine when I started. And yes, there was some loose skin. But it wasn't as bad as I feared and was MUCH better than weighing 300 pounds!!

Thank you! I know the loose skin will be so much better then weighing this much. Its all the weight making me so unhealthy so I will take the loose skin! I guess I basically want to make sure my arms and legs tighten up.. just what people will see.. my hubby loves me at 300 lbs so he will love me with some loose skin LOL so not too worried about tummy hang

Tamlynne31 03-08-2011 08:11 PM

By the way Heather you look amazing!! You and everyone else who has done so great are really such an inspiration.. losing so much weight seems like a dream to me but you girls really make it a reality!

Heather 03-08-2011 08:28 PM

Tamlynne -- Thanks! I know for me that a lot of my loose skin are hidden by clothes -- my tummy and thighs are the worst. My upper arms weren't too bad, and weightlifting and toning seemed to really help.

My calves were never that big anyway.

But really, there were days I HATED the loose skin. And that my face looked older with the wrinkles now that the fat was gone.

But EVERYTHING else about my physical body was better.

Now I've gained back 50 pounds, though, so less loose skin again...

reptogirl 03-08-2011 09:57 PM

i actually was googling last night about how to reduce loose skin...here is what a website said....hopefully i remember them all
1. lose weight slow
2. exercise
3. lift weights
4. drink water
5. moisturize your skin
6. use a loofah/body scrub twice a day.
7. apply prep h- ppl use if for the lanolin in it
8. collagen cream

now i don't know if these are all true, this is just what i read..

Heather 03-08-2011 10:39 PM

Well, for me, I didn't do any of those except exercise and weight lifting...

fattymcfatty 03-08-2011 10:46 PM

So I've almost lost 70 lbs, and so far, I don't have loose skin. Not everyone does. I know I was not 300, but really I wasn't that far from it. I work out daily, do a lot of toning, and strength training. I think I have good genetics, but also, I am 33, so youth is on my side a little bit. I am still a bit away from goal weight, so I can't say for sure I won't have any loose skin, but I don't get the rationale that having skin stretched to the max with fat looks more ideal than a fat free body with a little sag here or there...

Miss_Donna30 03-09-2011 08:51 AM

That's not a stupid question... I always wondered about that myself

reptogirl 03-09-2011 10:00 AM

oh yeah stomach crunches was something else the website recommended..

time2lose 03-09-2011 10:32 AM

I am in my fifties so I don't expect my skin to tighten as much as it will for younger people. That said, I have some wrinkly skin that looks much like a deflated balloon. The worst places are my upper arms and thighs but that is because those were (and still are) the biggest parts of my body. My face has handled weight loss pretty well. I still don't have as many wrinkles as many people my same age. I am pleased about that.

The skin will improve over time. I had two places that bothered me for awhile. I had rectangles of wrinkly skin under my eyes at the top of my cheeks. I thought it looked terrible. Those tightened up and disappeared. Now, I can hide the places that have the wrinkly skin.

I feel so much better. I will take loose skin any day!

Christina 03-09-2011 11:43 AM

i think this is an awesome question! its been on my mind alot!!! i know there would be some lose skin but i guess cuz my big goal is to be at 150...id love to actually one day be able to wear a bikini. i totally agree that some lose skin is way better than 300lbs...but i guess its cuz of the "dream" that i have :)

jen5309 03-09-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christina (Post 3750206)
i think this is an awesome question! its been on my mind alot!!! i know there would be some lose skin but i guess cuz my big goal is to be at 150...id love to actually one day be able to wear a bikini. i totally agree that some lose skin is way better than 300lbs...but i guess its cuz of the "dream" that i have :)

Great dream.. I too would love that.. But I will be happy with just wearing shorts out in public lol

Heather 03-09-2011 02:25 PM

If you haven't seen it, you should check out the loose skin FAQ here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body...skin-faqs.html

Christina 03-09-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen5309 (Post 3750220)
Great dream.. I too would love that.. But I will be happy with just wearing shorts out in public lol

i'm with you on that!! i try not to focus on the "skin" issue...but its hard!