Old 10-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default Amazing and Stupendous 2010 Exercise Update (tell Faith!)

GOODNESS!!! We are going to reach our goal to beat last year's exercise minutes THIS MONTH!!!! No, this week maybe! In OCTOBER!!!!

Our goal was to break last year's record of 216,854 minutes
As of the end of September, we were at 207,811 minutes

So.... once we reach 9044 minutes this month, we will have broken the record!!!

And we're already halfway there!!!!

You are all amazing!!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Heather - YOU are amazing - being the driving force - keeping us consistent and always reminding to post our minutes. You've set such a great example and I thank you!

Now there's also your famous tireless cheerleader Faith - she's raised the bar and literally cheered us on.

Couldn't have done it (at least with so much vigor) without both of you!
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #3  

Faith has in my mind taken us ALL to a new level -- after breaking a record last year, I didn't think we could do it again, but she led the way!!

I just started the threads!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

OMG, I feel so loved and right now I needed that more than you'll ever know Heather. I am so grateful to have you and Carol and Deb as such as important part of my life. I love you all dearly.
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #5  

Faith -- I'm glad to see you posting -- I was worried about you! You have taken us to the next level, Faith!! When do you think we'll make it to 9044??!!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #6  

I have faith in Faith!!!

She is our motivator!!!

You are loved right now and always will be!!!
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

I'd love to see us make it by the 23rd of October, that's Rainlady's birthday, how cool would that be. We need to all stick together and keep the encouragement coming, I saw last year how hard October through December was. Last October we didn't even make 15K, we haven't gotten that low this year but with the holiday seasons approaching, I must confess I am a little nervous but I'm happy we will end the year out our best yet.

Now for 2011.....anyone else thinking 300K??
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #8  

Faith -- Oh, I hope we get there by the 23rd... less than 4k to go (last I checked)...

300k! Wow, you ARE ambitious! I love it!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #9  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

Wow that is a lot of minutes! We are awesome!
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #10  
Gone Primal.

S/C/G: 352/248.8/185

Height: 5'7.5"

As we approach this incredible, milestone in our group, I just needed to take a moment to thank each of you: Heather. Faith, Carol, Deb & everyone of you from our monthly exercise thread.

My van's transmission died on Monday, my computer died in August, I have no more $ for cell minutes and I live in a neighborhood that is dangerous to our health and that we cannot walk in. I cannot let my athletic 5 year old daughter play outside any longer without a vehicle to drive her to a safer place and public transit is not an option. I've no idea how I'm going to keep us fed or get to many medical and other survival related appointments. I'm beyond frightened and frustrated! My family won't even lend their emotional support because I'm gay and somehow in their religion, neglect and indifference toward our suffering is 'worship'.

Faith, you especially have been a gift to me. Sorry to hear about the broken scale. Your posts reflected grace under fire. I love my trainer's locking Myotape for measuring in weekly or monthly. It needs no batteries or ISP. LOL

In September, I melted off 14.25" (as measured by my coach who I see weekly), every dimension was significantly smaller except my ankles which held steady. We've been training and healing my body for 16 months, but have had very inconsistent results until I found our monthly exercise thread. I believe you all care and will each succeed in living her best life. I know that I will too. I imagine how hard each of you is working toward her own goals and cannot do less. Defeat is not an option. In my heart, each of us must win. Persistence is key here and I will continue to persist because each of you do.

The only thing I know of community is here and now. You women with your positive, uplifting, judgment-free zone. I thought about each of you when I spent the night in the hospital on Monday with excruciating chest pain. I thought, 'I might be ill but I can't stay ill' because I don't want to miss out on breaking that record or on watching each of you achieve your goals.

Meanwhile we're lifting our Kettlebells indoors, thinking hope-filled thoughts and praying for a miracle or three. A year ago this situation would have crushed my already wounded spirit. But I've had almost a year of being in your (virtual) company. I know that with or without the ability to log my intake and exercise online daily, I must be accountable to succeed. My little corner of the world may fall to ruin but that's not an excuse for behavior that harms my body.

Thanks,
RW
ResilientWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #11  

RW -- Your post simultaneously brought me to tears and made me smile and feel hope. You truly reflect your username.

When I started this thread years ago I had no idea where it would lead and who it would help!!

You all give me strength!!
Old 10-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientWoman View Post
As we approach this incredible, milestone in our group, I just needed to take a moment to thank each of you: Heather. Faith, Carol, Deb & everyone of you from our monthly exercise thread.

My van's transmission died on Monday, my computer died in August, I have no more $ for cell minutes and I live in a neighborhood that is dangerous to our health and that we cannot walk in. I cannot let my athletic 5 year old daughter play outside any longer without a vehicle to drive her to a safer place and public transit is not an option. I've no idea how I'm going to keep us fed or get to many medical and other survival related appointments. I'm beyond frightened and frustrated! My family won't even lend their emotional support because I'm gay and somehow in their religion, neglect and indifference toward our suffering is 'worship'.

Faith, you especially have been a gift to me. Sorry to hear about the broken scale. Your posts reflected grace under fire. I love my trainer's locking Myotape for measuring in weekly or monthly. It needs no batteries or ISP. LOL

In September, I melted off 14.25" (as measured by my coach who I see weekly), every dimension was significantly smaller except my ankles which held steady. We've been training and healing my body for 16 months, but have had very inconsistent results until I found our monthly exercise thread. I believe you all care and will each succeed in living her best life. I know that I will too. I imagine how hard each of you is working toward her own goals and cannot do less. Defeat is not an option. In my heart, each of us must win. Persistence is key here and I will continue to persist because each of you do.

The only thing I know of community is here and now. You women with your positive, uplifting, judgment-free zone. I thought about each of you when I spent the night in the hospital on Monday with excruciating chest pain. I thought, 'I might be ill but I can't stay ill' because I don't want to miss out on breaking that record or on watching each of you achieve your goals.

Meanwhile we're lifting our Kettlebells indoors, thinking hope-filled thoughts and praying for a miracle or three. A year ago this situation would have crushed my already wounded spirit. But I've had almost a year of being in your (virtual) company. I know that with or without the ability to log my intake and exercise online daily, I must be accountable to succeed. My little corner of the world may fall to ruin but that's not an excuse for behavior that harms my body.

Thanks,
RW
A very powerful post - all I can say is there is such a power of strength and inspiration here.

You indeed are one resilient woman.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote