Old 05-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #1  
Keep on Walkin'

S/C/G: 320/*Ticker*/130

Height: 5'6"

Talking Husband Finally Jumping on the Wagon!!!

I am beyond excited! I have been trying to lose weight since I was born practically and its obviously never worked out for me since I'm still trying! LOL. I lost 30lbs a couple years ago and it seemed so effortless and then I got pregnant with my daughter and haven't been able to get back in that frame of mind. After a while it has seemed like the only thing my husband and I have in common is our love of food, specifically junk food. We bond over take out! It has been hard for me trying to lose because he is always bringing home Little Debbie's snack cakes and chips and cookies. I was getting desperate because he needs to lose weight much more than I do. He is in better shape, but he is also a Type 1 diabetic. In the past few months he has gained almost 20lbs, which on his short frame is a lot. I stopped the other day and tried to think about how my husband thinks and how to encourage him to start trying to get healthy with me. My husband is a very honest guy, if you ask him if something makes your butt look big he will flat out tell you yes, or that it doesn't make it look any bigger than it already is, lol. So i figured maybe if I kept bugging him about how tight his clothes were getting and how we need to go shopping to buy him bigger pants, things that normally would make me want to run to the freezer for a pint of Ben and Jerry's, that maybe he would start thinking about losing weight. IT WORKED!!!!! He came to me and told me that he wants me to start planning all his meals and teaching him what things are better for him to eat. Right this moment he is upstairs on the treadmill!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!!! But yes. I just wanted to share with all of you the complete JOY I am feeling right now knowing that my husband is really wanting to make a change and that now we will have a new thing in common, wanting to be healthier people for our kids! Thank you to anyone who read this long bit of verbal diarrhea!
NiftyTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Hey Laura, I'm Laura too! Nice to meet you, hehe.

That is FANTASTIC about you and your hubby taking this journey together! It will make things so much better for both of you to have each other to lean on, encourage, and motivate one another. Now you can bond over exercise and healthy treats and celebrating victories, scale and otherwise. I'm seriously so happy for you
neonwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Things got easier for me -- much easier -- when my husband decided to join me on a new "lifestyle!" Congrats!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote