3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Weekly Thread, #1255 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/197372-300-weekly-thread-1255-a.html)

Ratkitten 03-22-2010 07:55 AM

300+ Weekly Thread, #1255

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

milliondollarbbw 03-22-2010 11:51 AM

I seriously want to just jump up and do the baby dance from Ally McBeal...nope, not a huge fan of the show (no punn intended), but I do remember the little computerized dancing baby image, and that is how I want to dance right now. :)

The scale showed me (multiple times!), that I am hovering right below 310lbs., to 309lbs. Woo hoo!! I am soooo freaking happy!! I wanted so bad to get below 310lbs and then below 300lbs and so on....

I know I could be dehydrated, but I could also be just not retaining water (which I normally do, poor ankles).

I am so happy I just want to dance! I really am going to watch my food today, as I want the scale to show the same number (or lower!) tomorrow.

yaaa:broc::broc::broc:

Torister 03-22-2010 12:42 PM

Way to go Million!! I remember when I was approaching 300 lbs...in a good way..you know..on the way DOWN ;) and it was so exciting to see the lbs drop until they went below 300. KUTGW!

I am doing great. Stayed on plan this weekend even though I was in circumstances that I might have strayed in previously. Not weighing, so no clue where I am at in that respect. I see my new doc (endo) tomorrow and hope that I can get myself figured out.

Still getting my 3.5 miles a day on the treadmill (in an hour..so good pace). I can't wait to see what if any impact the exercise will have on my weight loss.

Have a great day everyone. :hug:

thinmintintraining 03-22-2010 05:50 PM

Happy Monday All!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Congrats Million!! I'm proud of ya! I too have lost....1/2 lb. :dance:which is better than gaining! I also figured out that the scales at Curves aren't off, I just can't count!!:frypan:

I did however slip a little yesterday! We had a birthday party for my grandmother's 82nd b-day and I did endulge in a small piece of cake a few tbsps of ice cream!

I have had all kinds of compliments this weekend! :yay: It always make ya feel good when people notice and are polite with their comments. My cousin told me yesterday that nobody had noticed but she had lost 20 lbs. lol, I had noticed but I didn't want to say anything. I told her that when you are no bigger than a minute it's harder to recognize than when a fat person loses. :D She thought she was at least 5 minutes.

Anyway...I'm gettin ready to start supper and then I fully intend to rest!!! I finally finished spring cleaning Saturday night. Took 3 days and with church twice yesterday, a b-day party, a workout today and giving grandma a bath...I'm beat!!!

fatgirlhealthyself 03-22-2010 06:50 PM

Hey ladies! Great work on the losses. Million, that is so rad you're close to jumping out of the 300s. I seriously cannot wait for that. Keep it going!

I lost 2 lbs this week, which I'm completely happy with, because I'm now down 16 pounds in a little under a month. :carrot: I can't really tell yet, so I'm looking forward to that, whenever it happens.

The weather is nearly always gorgeous here, which makes getting my walking in much easier.

neonwildflower 03-22-2010 07:32 PM

Thinmint - You said two things that make me proud of you, and they were "small piece" and "a few tbsps." For something like an 82nd birthday (wow!) you should be able to share in a little bit of sugary celebration, and it sounds like you did a really good job watching your portions. Yay for you!

Fatgirlhealthyself - Yay! 2 more pounds is awesome :)

Million - Woohoo, those 200s are in sight! I'm dancing for you too! When you do get under 300 we'll have a 3FC party for you :)

Torister - Congrats on staying on plan for food and exercise, you must be proud of yourself :)

Me, I'm doing well... stayed on plan all week and even over the weekend while seeing friends (always a danger zone for me!) but haven't been able to get much exercise in because I'm getting over being sick, and it's in my lungs which makes me wheeze and cough even just walking up the stairs to my apartment. Can't wait until that's over... ugh. Wish I had a scale so I could weigh in and let you guys know where I'm at, but I won't be able to do that until Easter or so when I go home. Unless I decide to buy one.

BUT, a friend picked up some jeans for me and grabbed me a 21/22 (when I normally wear a 23/24) and they fit PERFECTLY! I'm so excited. It's only one pant size, but it's the same brand as my bigger ones, and they fit beautifully, so I'm excited! That's all the good news I have to report at this point :)

CatherineM 03-22-2010 09:44 PM

Found out this morning that my former roommate passed away in November. I'm trying not to feel guilty about her descent after I moved to Canada. I talked to her about 6 weeks before she died. She seemed completely out of it. She had been kicked out of government housing for digging up the flowerbeds looking for diamonds, and was living with a strange woman that she didn't even know the name of. She asked me for money, but I couldn't in good conscience send it to her because of her addiction issues. Her oldest son and I have reconnected. I raised him from the age of 3 on. I never wanted to interfere with their relationship with their mom, and she didn't want me contacting them after I left. I honored that even as much as it pained me. I'm feeling guilty that her death means I can be in their lives again. The oldest is the age I was when my father died, so I know how hard that is going to be for him.

I went off the track, food wise today. I'm an emotional eater, and had an emotional high and low hit me all at once. I'm not worried about getting back on track though. I now have something to really focus on. I will be able to go to Florida to visit, and now have to get in air plane shape.

thinmintintraining 03-22-2010 09:53 PM

Thanks neon! Sweets are usually my downfall and it felt great to be able to eat just a small piece. Something that was a little funny to me and it also helped, my cousin's little girl kept running up to me and opening her mouth so I started filling it with ice cream. She did this for quite a while so I really didn't get that much ice cream. I also HAD to stop at my favorite coffee shop for a nonfat latte! I'm hooked on those! :coffee2:

CONGRATS to you for staying OP and losing a pant size!! Great Job!!:cheer:

I still have a few weak moments and I at least try to reach for something healthy but it's getting easier thanks be to God! I just know within myself that I could not do this without Him!!

TheStorySoFar 03-22-2010 11:56 PM

Hi All~

It's been almost two years since I last logged in here, but I feel that it's time I came back. Not sure if folks remember me, however, I was lap-banded in 2007. With that, I lost 84lbs., however, over the course of a year, I gained all but 10lbs. of that back. Well, after having to find another surgeon because the one who did my surgery was no longer contracted with my insurance company and then trying to get in to see him, I saw no more results from the band. My new surgeon informed me that he would have never even made the suggestion of a lap-band on a person who was my size (424 when I first met my previous surgeon). So, last August, my surgeon and I made the decision to remove my band and do a gastric bypass.

Upon finishing all the testing required, I found out I had gallstones. Never had any pain from those little boogers (I still thank God for that one). Anyway, to make a long story short (too late), on March 10th of this year, I went through with the gastric bypass. So far, I've lost 17lbs. and am feeling pretty good with the exception of getting tired doing little things that I used to take for granted, like getting dressed, showering, brushing my teeth. I have been told that this is completely normal due to the fact that my caloric intake has been lowered drastically, but it's still quite disheartening. :(

I hope to become active here again. :)

~Story

Torister 03-23-2010 06:52 AM

Morning all! It is pouring here in Massachusetts this morning! Blech! I was so enjoying our sunny warm days. This weather does nothing for my mood or motivation!

Catherine, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope that you can reconnect with her children and that something positive grows out of the tragedy of the circumstances leading to her death. :hug:

Neon, take it slow getting back to exercise. Having had pneumonia myself, I know you need to let yourself heal.

Thinmint, good for you for only having a small amount of cake and ice cream. I have to avoid them completely as I am a sugar addict and that would lead to binging behavior. I always show up with a dessert I can eat and stay on plan. In my case, I have shown up with a big bowl of strawberries and blueberries and real homemade whipped cream at a big family event over the summer and that disappeared before the other sugary stuff. Also, at Thanksgiving I made a low carb sugar free pumpkin bake that is of in between a cheesecake and pumpkin pie that I frosted with real home made whipped cream...again gone before others. I always have a nice serving and never feel like I am going without a treat. Do some research and figure out a dessert that fits your plan that you can bring and indulge in and stay completely on plan!

Still sending healing thoughts out to Annie...hope all is continuing to go well. :hug:

RK...how you doin?

As for me...I went to the gym last night and got my 3.5 miles in on the treadmill in an hour and did another 5 minutes of cool down walking. Gosh I felt AWESOME when I left the gym. Not sore at all today. I am having a session with a trainer on Thursday night to work out a weight training program for me. I am looking forward to it!

I see my endo this morning...hope it goes well...:^:

Anyway...I am so chatty today...gotta get going and ready for work. Have a great day everyone. :hug:

Ratkitten 03-23-2010 08:00 AM

Greetings my Peeps!

Catherine, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm happy that the eldest contacted you. I'm sure that the news was a major blow and emotional eating happens. Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm glad the eldest called you for support and I know that you and Himself are a great source of strength for the child. Interesting that you got this news just when you and Himself were looking to share your lives with a child less fortunate. There are no such thing as coincidences!

Story, I had the DS on Feb 2nd of this year. It's a little different than traditional "gastic bypass". You'll feel like a truck hit you for the first 4 weeks and then your energy comes back around week 5-6. Drink your fluids, then worry about protein, then vitamins. Staying hydrated keeps away the nausea and helps with being tired. Grats on the loss so far!! I'm a slow loser, but slow and steady is ok with me.

Torti (I always think of tortishell when I type that) Keep up the great work exercising!!! One day, I shall feel those endorphins when I exercise. I don't even feel them when I bicycle. Let us know what the endo says.

Hugs to all with wonderful successes! Million, neon, fatgirlhealthy, thin!!

Hugs,
Ratkity

babble 03-23-2010 08:34 AM

This week has been much better than last week so far. It was a little difficult last night w/TOM pain and being really tired from the weekend. I'm hoping to get the Insulin Resistance Diet book this weekend, want to check the used bookstore also you never know.

milliondollarbbw-that is so awesome! You'll be below 300 before you know it.

Torister-That's great news about your exercise going well.Also about staying on plan over a difficult weekend.

ThinMint- Congrats on the weight loss and glad to hear that Curves is going well for you. It must have been wonderful celebrating your Grandmother's 82nd Birthday. A small piece of cake and small amount of ice cream is understandable and hard to do.

fatgirlhealthyself- isn't it nice that the weather is getting pretty making walking more enjoyable? Congrats on the weight loss.

neon-Yay about losing a pants size, that is such a good feeling. :)

Catherine- I am so sorry for your loss. It's good that her son has you to talk with and to support each other.

Story- I am not very familiar with WLS but I am sure after a surgery and drastic calorie change like that it is natural to have a drop in energy levels. I so hope that you are feeling better soon. Congratulations on your weight loss so far.

RatKitty- Hi there. Do you use a stationary bike or no? I have a stationary but would like to get bikes for DH and I to use sometime this spring/summer.

Ratkitten 03-23-2010 09:40 AM

G'morning again!

Hiya babble, BikerChick does not do stationary bikes! hehehehe. (that's my alterego, btw).

I've been a cycling addict for the past 20 years. I dared to wear spandex at 350lbs!! Oh, and stay outta mah way when I'm rolling down a hill. Gravity is my friend when gathering speed downhill.

I hope you get bicycles for you and DH. They are so much fun. May I suggest you find your local bicycle shop to purchase a bike? The things they sell at big stores have 2 wheels and look like bicycles, but won't be fit to you and cause you more pain (tailend, back and hand) than they are worth. Final word of advice: wear helmets! I hate em, but wear one. My one fall 20 yrs ago was a head first one and I am here today to tell you about it because of my hated helmet.

Hugs,
Ratkity

PS I hope TOM and his pain leaves you soon. I hate him sooooo much!

azcyn 03-23-2010 10:03 AM

morning all...

catherine: I am sorry about your loss..like Rat said there is no coinincidences. That child is back in your life for a reason.

As for me: Well I tried the new medication the Xiafaxin the Dr gave me. I have a 3 days worth of samples. Went to the pharmacy and tried to use my $75.00 coupon and was told it is a mail in rebate that has expired. UGH! So I am going to call the dr today and ask for either more samples or something else. I can't afford $140 for medication that i don't even know is going to work :(

My youngest is having the same issues now. He has missed so much school that they are now calling me and he is probably going to loose credit and be kicked out. I am going to call and talk to the assistant principal. I mean what am I suppose to do when he has stomach pains and can't make it through school!

All I do is cry anymore...seriously. I just want my kids and myself to be well again. I just don't know how that is going to happen.

Ratkitten 03-23-2010 10:17 AM

Hugs Cyn,

Sounds like you are going through the ringer. One hospital acquired microbe that isn't talked about alot is called C. diff (Clostridium difficile). It can be difficult to get rid of and is out pacing MRSA in hospitals. There is a test for it administered by your doc. I suspect it's what he's treating you for.

Hugs,
Ratkity

HippieMama 03-23-2010 11:16 AM

Hi everyone.... I haven't posted in a few months and I had the urge to check in. (Haven't had a computer at home for awhile now) I lost about 36 lb between September and November and then went on a sort of hiatus due to some unexpected health related issues. Apparently I continued to drop weight more slowly though, which I'm thrilled about. I weighed in for the first time in a long time after Christmas and was pleasantly surprised to see I'd lost a few more. I really don't know how. lol. Maybe I just kicked my metabolism into high gear when I was kicking a$$ those 2 months. :) I'm currently at 50lb lost since I started posting here at the beginning of September, and I'm hoping to REALLY get back into high gear now, and take off a lot more! With the warm weather coming about, I have very high hopes.

I've never lost 50lb. People comment. I don't wear the biggest size in the store anymore. My 24 jeans will be big before long. I had to buy new bras. I can actually see a visible difference in pictures. It's amazing. This place was a great source of motivation for me. I really hope to be able to check in at least semi-regularly. Hope everyone is well!

ParadiseFalls 03-23-2010 11:32 AM

thinmintintraining, Thanks for posting about your compliments. I get discouraged thinking that no one will notice until I'm near goal (or that I won't deserve compliments until then), but I think it's important to realize that while we may not be little yet, we are looking MUCH better, and we're working hard!

CatherineM 03-23-2010 11:42 AM

Thanks everyone. I feel so different today. There is chocolate in the house, and I have no desire to eat it. I feel so focused right now that I know I have to make hay while it stays, because if nothing else, I know this feeling can be very fleeting. I'm going to eat my breakfast, make lunch and head off to school early to get some work done on my term paper.

You guys are my rock at times.

thinmintintraining 03-23-2010 03:27 PM

Afternoon All!!

Paradise, you're welcome!! I have read a lot of posts about people making rude or snide comments and it's hurtful I'm sure and it's also hurtful when you are working very hard and no one seems to notice. As I have posted before, losing weight is hard enough by itself without people saying hurtful things. ANY loss is a step in the right direction! Sometimes though I think that people notice but they aren't sure whether they should say anything or don't really know what to say.

Just keep your head up and stay strong!! We can and WILL do this...TOGETHER!! For some people there is just nobody there to give support and encouragement which is why that I am so glad for this website. Even though people have complimented me it's still nice to be able have a place to go where there are people that are where I am and have been where I am and know what it's like! Congrats on your current weight loss and I wish you well on the rest of your journey! :hug:

TheStorySoFar 03-23-2010 09:54 PM

Hey All~

Ratkitten: I am working on the fluids thing, so far hasn't been a problem. It's the protein that is getting to become the problem. I am finding that I am getting sick of the drinks I have and don't yet have the money to get the unflavored stuff to add to what I'm eating. Once I do that, it'll be the second time I have had to change my protein intake method because my stomach no longer agreed with the one I was using. :( But I will eventually figure something out. :) Thanks so much for the congratulations. :) I know it's mostly because I was on the liquid diet, but I still did a little dance when the nurse gave my my loss total. :carrot: My doctor advised that I will have less energy for the first month or so, so I was kinda expecting it, it's just a lot more severe than when I had the surgery for my band, but small strides and I'll get through. :)

babble: Yes, it is perfectly normal. :) If it wasn't I'd be calling my surgeon and demanding he run some tests. I'm just one of those whose used to doing for herself and now I have to rely on my son or boyfriend to do some things or I am moving really slow, which kinda makes me feel bad because I feel like I'm holding everyone else up. I'll get over that feeling, I'm sure though. :) I appreciate your well wishes and congrats. :)

As for me, I had a better evening with showering and drying off without getting too tired. I had to modify my walk route since I was a bit ambitious just starting out yesterday after having been out of it for at least three weeks. I still felt good when I got home and I got my heart rate up. Slow and steady, right? That's all I can ask for and all I can do at the moment. :)

Hope everyone is doing well and if not, I offer my hugs to ya. :hug:

azcyn 03-23-2010 09:57 PM

Rat..

I work in a lab so I am familiar with C diff..I have also and MRSA remember? UGH! I dont have the diarrhea anymore..just the nausaea and stomach pains. I called the GI dr today..and the MA said to put the prescription through the pharmacy. and they will send them a fax stating the insurance has denied it. Then they call the insurance to see if they will cover it..which they wont..then he will let me know what the next steps are.

Last night all I did was cry for about 2 hours til I feel asleep. Which does not help.

I want my grandma back! I know I cant and its not fair..but when she was alive all was well and no matter what happened she was there. How in the world can someone mean so much to you and once they are gone..its horrible!

I hope my youngest is not going through what I am. I am taking hmi to the Dr again tomorrow. See what she says.

Ratkitten 03-23-2010 10:03 PM

*hugs* Cyn! I'm so sorry you are so down lately. I wish I could say something wise and insightful to help you grieve for your grandma.

Hugs,
Ratkity

Torister 03-24-2010 06:47 AM

Morning all....

Well, I had a good visit with my new endo. I really like her! She actually listened to me! Her window for TSH levels is MUCH narrower (0.5-2.5) than my PCP's(0.5-5.0) (I am at 2.1 as of the beginning of Feb.) and she is willing to bump me up on my meds to get me lower in the normal range. However, she feels something else is going on and wants me to do some testing to rule some things out. If we find nothing..she will up my thyroid meds to try and get rid of my hypo symptoms that are making me nuts!! I am doing a 24 hour creatinine test of Sun-Mon to check my cortisol levels. Part of the bloodwork will be a serum cortisol test. Then the following Monday she has me coming in to the lab to do 2 pages worth of testing including Blood Glucose levels since the last time I had that done (3 years ago :o ) my fasting # was 99...which my PCP said was fine and she said she would be concerned with since it is only 1 point under where she starts treatment! Geesh! :dizzy: She is also testing hemoglobin A1C which I guess is also diabetes related. She is also doing a complete metabolic panel. In addition she will be testing a bunch of hormones. Lets hope for some answers!! I feel good that at least she is *trying* to figure things out and doesn't think I am crazy..or at least doesn't act like she does. ;)

Had another great on plan day and did my 3.5 miles in an hour on the treadmill at the gym. I feel good this AM...they say the rain is stopping today...I will believe it when I see it. ;)

Sorry so long...lots going on...... Have a good one!

neonwildflower 03-24-2010 02:45 PM

Yesterday was a rough day. Everyone around me (myself included) was in a terrible mood. I had little sleep, and a meagre breakfast, which I now know sets me up for a wonky day of eating. Lesson learned, eat a good breakfast ALL days, not just most, and staying on plan will be much easier. So anyway, all the factors combined, and my bad mood on top of that, I blew my calorie goal yesterday. Badly. I let myself give in to my friends' suggestions of eating at a pub where healthy choices are hard to make instead of sticking to my guns and insisting on somewhere better, or at least a food court where I could find something better. I shut my brain off and ate triscuits and cream cheese from the box while watching tv, then all of a sudden the box was gone. Just... bad, bad choices. By the time I went to bed I felt like crap, physically and emotionally. Just kept telling myself that today would be a better day, that today was a fresh start.

Pleased to report that today I am sticking to my plan, got out and went for a walk around downtown, did some errands, and have made a plan to go out for a Booster Juice with my ex-roommate, Kevin, and have a good old rant over a healthy but tasty veggie juice blend! I feel a million times better, and have answered my old question of how to deal when I feel like I blew it. By proving to myself that I can do better the next day, and learning from my mistakes, I feel better than ever. Just wanted to share :)

azcyn 03-25-2010 12:50 AM

Hi Hippiemama..welcome back to the group!

Torister: sounds like you have a good caring Endo Dr!

Rat: When I was going to therapy she said to me I have to learn to not live in the past..easier said then done..BUT I will try.

Took my youngest to the Dr today. She si going to do the barrium test and she took blood. She also explained something interesting to my son who LOVES playing video games. She said that since he plays so much and doesn't get outside to burn off the cortisol that is building up in his gut..like when you are stressed..that could be one part of the problem. He agreed to get more active. When she explained it..it so made some sense.

We both agree part of it is probably him going to a new school. Again..mom guilt for moving him :(

I am starting to read the book "the yeast connection" The Dr asked me to read it and see if any of it applies to me..I would say the whole book does. She wants me to start implementing it into my life. It will be so hard!!! BUT I know atleast not eating processed food would help! PS I weighed myself at the Dr's since I dont have a scale..I am down 3 more lbs! yeah!

Good luck to me :)

Torister 03-25-2010 10:11 AM

Just a quick drive by. I have a busy day today. I have organized and am running a business meeting/luncheon for about 60 people today. Fortunately I did the menu..so I can eat *and* stay on plan!! WOOHOO!! I love when that happens. ;)

voodoo1 03-26-2010 08:58 AM

Hi everyone!!!! Hugs to you 'oldies', returners & newbies!!! xxxxxxx
Just 'hanging on' hormones, worries about my Dad's surgery ( & WHEN is it getting done!!!?) & just feeling cr*ppy. Re-committing on Monday, feel a failure coming on here & don't want to be a downer, but I will try to be more positive once Monday comes!
xxxxxxxx sharon

hbieber2006 03-26-2010 11:56 AM

Good Morning ladies..how is everyone today? Im doing ok I guess still looking for work and getting more and more discouraged..I did have an interview at home depot last saturday for a cashier but the lady that interviewed me said that they have a certain way they do hiring she said they will be interviewing people till the end of march-mid april and then after that they will be calling people back for a 2nd interview so i asked her when should i call back to see if i am going to get a 2nd interview and she said to call back in a month! and Im thinking to myself A MONTH! Im thinking to myself ok but Im still gonna continue to look for work I cant wait a month for you to decide but other than that nothing new on the job front except that I have signed up with a couple job agencies a couple of weeks ago and they havent been able to find me anything either I call them once or twice a week and I applied at places like walmart, kmart, sears, cvs, target, kroger, etc and I called all of them back to find out if i could get an interview and they all told me they are not hiring right now...GRRRRR it's so frustrating and NOW today they said that the unemployment extension probably isnt going to be extended again its due to expire april 5th so it has been rough for me lately and the last couple of weeks my diet and exercise has gone completely out the window BUT...

My husbands parents bought us the wii fit plus w/ balance board for our birthdays ( march and april) and we finally found one yesterday so we bought it and today I am getting back on track with diet and exercise and I love the wii fit plus..I already did my workout today for 45 mins I did a 25 mins run and I did 20 mins of stepping which ended up being over 1900 steps and I feel good and my eating is back on track today too so I am happy to be back on track with diet and exercise.

Sorry if I rambled and sorry this is so long
talk to you later ladies
Heather

milliondollarbbw 03-26-2010 02:23 PM

I am now down to 308lbs. Yay! In a little over 1 month I have lost 10lbs, and mainly by dietary changes, and not even strict calorie reduction. Woo hoo! :)

thinmintintraining 03-26-2010 09:08 PM

Afternoon Ladies!! Hope all is well with everyone! Congrats on your loss million!! WTG! I'm still hangin in waitin on the official weigh in which will be two weeks from today!! It's so hard not to jump on the scale everyday but I am managing just fine! I discovered last night that I am not eating anywhere near the calories that the sites say I should eat which is probably good in a way but I am not feeling ferocious hunger pains so I don't eat all that much :D

I know it's not gonna come off fast but I sure wish it would!! Sometimes I feel like it's gonna take years and years to get to goal but I have to keep going regardless!! Curves is going great and I am burning calories but I feel like I need to do a bit more. Maybe I can get back on the tennis court soon. I have no idea how to play, I just like hittin the ball back and forth. That's a workout by itself for me :D

Ratkitten 03-26-2010 10:38 PM

Hello my Peeps!

I am hanging in there and feeling stronger by the day. I hope to get in another bicycle ride this weekend.

Ratrat kitty is doing well and we went in for her weigh-in and she gained 3 oz!! hehe. Funny talking about my kittums and wanting to her gain weight while everyone (including me) wants to lose.

My cherry tomato and hybrid jelly bean tomato plants are doing well and have their 2nd set of leaves. My peppers are having a great time and getting stronger too! Methinks I have more plants than space to grow them in the hanging thingies.

Hugs to all who need them for doing wonderful this week and hugs to those who need em to keep going!

Hugs,
Ratkity

Torister 03-27-2010 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinmintintraining (Post 3219889)
I know it's not gonna come off fast but I sure wish it would!! Sometimes I feel like it's gonna take years and years to get to goal but I have to keep going regardless!!

Well...what if it does take years and years? The time is going to go by anyway. Do you want to be healthier and thinner or stay the same or gain? When someone posted that on a board I am on, it clicked for me. I want to be healthier! Right now I am focusing on health...the weight will follow. I do believe that....altho being stalled for over 2 months is frustrating...old habits die hard!

What I did when I started losing at 359 lbs and could barely walk from my car to my office, I started adding steps to my day. I would park as far from the building as I could and walk and do the same at the store, etc. Soon I added the stairs instead of the elevator. I got a pedometer and set goals of steps for the day. As I lost weight and got more fit, I upped the number. They say 10,000 steps a day is what you should ultimately aim for. There are days now that I have up to 15000!! This from the woman who could NOT go to the mall to shop as her ankles, back and feet hurt so badly it was sheer torture.

You can do this...hang in there!! :hug:

milliondollarbbw 03-27-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torister (Post 3220174)
Well...what if it does take years and years? The time is going to go by anyway. Do you want to be healthier and thinner or stay the same or gain? When someone posted that on a board I am on, it clicked for me. I want to be healthier! Right now I am focusing on health...the weight will follow. I do believe that....altho being stalled for over 2 months is frustrating...old habits die hard!

What I did when I started losing at 359 lbs and could barely walk from my car to my office, I started adding steps to my day. I would park as far from the building as I could and walk and do the same at the store, etc. Soon I added the stairs instead of the elevator. I got a pedometer and set goals of steps for the day. As I lost weight and got more fit, I upped the number. They say 10,000 steps a day is what you should ultimately aim for. There are days now that I have up to 15000!! This from the woman who could NOT go to the mall to shop as her ankles, back and feet hurt so badly it was sheer torture.

You can do this...hang in there!! :hug:

this is such an inspiring post! you all are amazing! :)

azcyn 03-27-2010 12:21 PM

Great post Torister! I know it is what all of us want to get it off quick! But it is true..years and years will come anyhow! Might as well start now.

Today is my nieces 3rd birthday. I made her a wall hanging. I will try and post a pic if i can remember how lol.

Her party is at a park and the wind has been bad here so my allergies are acting up. Lets hope the wind stays down today.

CatherineM 03-27-2010 12:55 PM

I think mine was taking years and years several years ago. I still try to take one baby step at a time. Yesterday it was removing two people from our lives who sabotage. That was so difficult, but so necessary. It's like tree trimming. You have to trim the dead branches so the live ones have some room to grow. Sometimes you have to remove an entire tree to preserve the health of the forest. Getting rid of those two guys was like having a cancerous tumor removed. I don't know why it should be so hard. I guess we get so used to unhealthy relationships that they are familiar and comfortable even if they are damaging you.

Ratkitten 03-27-2010 09:59 PM

Hello my peeps!

Torti, you are so inspiring! I remembered your post as I was getting tired this afternoon from all my errands. My legs were starting to ache from all the walking (the parking fairy was not nice to me today). I kept thinking "a few additional steps will help in the long run" and "If Torti can do it, so I can I!".

Catherine, I'm glad you got your emo vampires out of your life. What is hard for me is when the saboteur is in my family. My big sis has a lot of good qualities, but the bad ones seem to be amplified when she's drunk. Another sis burns the candle at both ends until her body gives in and gets sick, then she is pitiful. She has a hospital frequent flier card, lol. My fear is one day, she will die there. Letting go each sister make their mistakes and not worrying about potential consequences is hard for me. It's something I'm working on! Baby steps.

heatherb, I love wii fit!

Neon, everyone has bad days. It's bad when everyone has one at the same time!

Sharon, I'd be worrying about my dad too. Hope he has his surgery soon. Hang in there.

I did lots of errands all day. Walked and walked. Spent too much money on necessary things. I'm having fish and shrimp cravings! I rarely eat either. I found some cilantro and lime cooked shrimp at Costco and have been munching on it all day. Good protein and low carbs, always a good thing!

Hope everyone else continues to muddle through as life throws stuff at us.

Hugs,
Ratkity

Jacquie668 03-28-2010 11:03 AM

Hey ladies!

I'm back...and I mean it this time. I've been working A LOT lately and trying to keep my head above water. The death in the family sort of took it out of me I think...

I'm on the RIGHT pills again, did my doctor yearlys and yeah I gained weight again and am back up to 278 I think. I dare not look at the scale, but my doctors were pleased I didn't regain it all and in fact they are saying that now I can put my focus on getting the weight off. My regular doctor told me she didn't want to put me on anti-depressants just yet and wants to see how I can level off with just diet, exercise, and obviously the right pills. I did confide in her about my relationship issues and she basically gave me a good lecture on putting myself FIRST and not last anymore. She says I'm too busy being responsible for others and not taking care of myself and it has to stop so I can move on with my life and be happy. I know all of you will agree with that 100%.

So, I'm still struggling, but getting back. I feel like I'm paddling along instead of just sinking fast. I think that is a bit of an improvement. I miss all of you and am making more time for myself, that includes pestering everyone on here lol. I hope you don't mind. :P

I hope everyone is well. I know a lot of us are struggling. *HUGS*

I'm making some goals for myself and making a to-do list weekly so I can have goals I meet. Things like walking 5-6 times a week. Exercising 3-4 times with aerobics or something. Eating correctly, etc. I've been eating so poorly for 4 months now...and yeah a 12/15 pound weight gain is significant for me and now it is time to get that off and then some. I know I can do this.

My pills are leveling me off as well. I don't feel sick all the time, in fact I feel pretty good. Just now dealing with the emotional stuff.

*HUGS*

Ratkitten 03-28-2010 01:07 PM

Hiya Jacquie!!

Good to see you. Many sorries for the death in your family.

This is the year of ME. It's the year of YOU too! Dealing with family issues has been the type of stuff I've been working on with a therapist.

If I could get my sleep issues straightened out, I'd be much happier.

Hugs,
Ratkity

azcyn 03-28-2010 01:07 PM

Jacquie:: I am so GLAD you are back!! We have so missed you. I have to agree with your Dr about putting yourself first! I know exactly where you are coming from..I always put everyones feelings..problems..etc before my own! Then I end up feeling guilty if I put myself first. My grandma was this way..and i believe I learned that from her. I also am working hard on this!

Catherine: yeah for you for the tree trimming :) I understand what you mean! I grew up in a family that there was alot of DRAMA! and since I have been away from it..its actually harder to get use to it NOT being around.

As for me: I went to my nieces 3rd birthday yesterday. I had a great time..except I have bad allergies and everything here in Arizona is just blooming away. I took good ole Benadryl last night and slept like a log. Today they are still bothering me but that is ok..I will just keep the windows closed.

Still reading the "yeast connection" book. I am going to see my Dr again before I start it to make sure I am doing things correctly.

thinmintintraining 03-28-2010 08:48 PM

Thanks Tori for the encouragement! It is so true that time marches on so might as well make good use of it as I go and getting healthier is better! It's actually not that I'm unhealthy just that I have unhealthy eating habits which I am in the process of correcting!

Baby steps is the way and that's what helped me decide that I HAD to do something. About a month and a half ago when DH and I went to PF, TN. I couldn't walk very far before having to stop and sit. I was actually embarrassed because you just "know" what people are thinking when they look at you. I fell down the front porch stairs last year and I think I may have messed something up because if I stand for long periods of time (I notice it most when I am cooking) or walk a lot, that my lower back on the left goes numb and the side of my left thigh goes numb. It took me several months to get over that fall! My weight doesn't help either but one day at a time I am working and striving to lose it! I can already tell a difference in a few things. It's amazing just how much a small loss can affect you. I prefer to view things like this...ANY loss is better than none at all! I know it will come off slowly but surely!

Sorry, don't know where all that came from but anyway, I'm glad that I can come here and you all really understand what I am going through! About the only person I feel comfortable talking about some of these things with is my mother. Don't get me wrong, DH is supportive but he really doesn't understand just how I feel. Thanks again to all for the support and encouragement!!:hug: