3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Weekly Thread, #1255 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/197372-300-weekly-thread-1255-a.html)

Ratkitten 03-22-2010 07:55 AM

300+ Weekly Thread, #1255

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

milliondollarbbw 03-22-2010 11:51 AM

I seriously want to just jump up and do the baby dance from Ally McBeal...nope, not a huge fan of the show (no punn intended), but I do remember the little computerized dancing baby image, and that is how I want to dance right now. :)

The scale showed me (multiple times!), that I am hovering right below 310lbs., to 309lbs. Woo hoo!! I am soooo freaking happy!! I wanted so bad to get below 310lbs and then below 300lbs and so on....

I know I could be dehydrated, but I could also be just not retaining water (which I normally do, poor ankles).

I am so happy I just want to dance! I really am going to watch my food today, as I want the scale to show the same number (or lower!) tomorrow.

yaaa:broc::broc::broc:

Torister 03-22-2010 12:42 PM

Way to go Million!! I remember when I was approaching 300 lbs...in a good way..you know..on the way DOWN ;) and it was so exciting to see the lbs drop until they went below 300. KUTGW!

I am doing great. Stayed on plan this weekend even though I was in circumstances that I might have strayed in previously. Not weighing, so no clue where I am at in that respect. I see my new doc (endo) tomorrow and hope that I can get myself figured out.

Still getting my 3.5 miles a day on the treadmill (in an hour..so good pace). I can't wait to see what if any impact the exercise will have on my weight loss.

Have a great day everyone. :hug:

thinmintintraining 03-22-2010 05:50 PM

Happy Monday All!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Congrats Million!! I'm proud of ya! I too have lost....1/2 lb. :dance:which is better than gaining! I also figured out that the scales at Curves aren't off, I just can't count!!:frypan:

I did however slip a little yesterday! We had a birthday party for my grandmother's 82nd b-day and I did endulge in a small piece of cake a few tbsps of ice cream!

I have had all kinds of compliments this weekend! :yay: It always make ya feel good when people notice and are polite with their comments. My cousin told me yesterday that nobody had noticed but she had lost 20 lbs. lol, I had noticed but I didn't want to say anything. I told her that when you are no bigger than a minute it's harder to recognize than when a fat person loses. :D She thought she was at least 5 minutes.

Anyway...I'm gettin ready to start supper and then I fully intend to rest!!! I finally finished spring cleaning Saturday night. Took 3 days and with church twice yesterday, a b-day party, a workout today and giving grandma a bath...I'm beat!!!

fatgirlhealthyself 03-22-2010 06:50 PM

Hey ladies! Great work on the losses. Million, that is so rad you're close to jumping out of the 300s. I seriously cannot wait for that. Keep it going!

I lost 2 lbs this week, which I'm completely happy with, because I'm now down 16 pounds in a little under a month. :carrot: I can't really tell yet, so I'm looking forward to that, whenever it happens.

The weather is nearly always gorgeous here, which makes getting my walking in much easier.

neonwildflower 03-22-2010 07:32 PM

Thinmint - You said two things that make me proud of you, and they were "small piece" and "a few tbsps." For something like an 82nd birthday (wow!) you should be able to share in a little bit of sugary celebration, and it sounds like you did a really good job watching your portions. Yay for you!

Fatgirlhealthyself - Yay! 2 more pounds is awesome :)

Million - Woohoo, those 200s are in sight! I'm dancing for you too! When you do get under 300 we'll have a 3FC party for you :)

Torister - Congrats on staying on plan for food and exercise, you must be proud of yourself :)

Me, I'm doing well... stayed on plan all week and even over the weekend while seeing friends (always a danger zone for me!) but haven't been able to get much exercise in because I'm getting over being sick, and it's in my lungs which makes me wheeze and cough even just walking up the stairs to my apartment. Can't wait until that's over... ugh. Wish I had a scale so I could weigh in and let you guys know where I'm at, but I won't be able to do that until Easter or so when I go home. Unless I decide to buy one.

BUT, a friend picked up some jeans for me and grabbed me a 21/22 (when I normally wear a 23/24) and they fit PERFECTLY! I'm so excited. It's only one pant size, but it's the same brand as my bigger ones, and they fit beautifully, so I'm excited! That's all the good news I have to report at this point :)

CatherineM 03-22-2010 09:44 PM

Found out this morning that my former roommate passed away in November. I'm trying not to feel guilty about her descent after I moved to Canada. I talked to her about 6 weeks before she died. She seemed completely out of it. She had been kicked out of government housing for digging up the flowerbeds looking for diamonds, and was living with a strange woman that she didn't even know the name of. She asked me for money, but I couldn't in good conscience send it to her because of her addiction issues. Her oldest son and I have reconnected. I raised him from the age of 3 on. I never wanted to interfere with their relationship with their mom, and she didn't want me contacting them after I left. I honored that even as much as it pained me. I'm feeling guilty that her death means I can be in their lives again. The oldest is the age I was when my father died, so I know how hard that is going to be for him.

I went off the track, food wise today. I'm an emotional eater, and had an emotional high and low hit me all at once. I'm not worried about getting back on track though. I now have something to really focus on. I will be able to go to Florida to visit, and now have to get in air plane shape.

thinmintintraining 03-22-2010 09:53 PM

Thanks neon! Sweets are usually my downfall and it felt great to be able to eat just a small piece. Something that was a little funny to me and it also helped, my cousin's little girl kept running up to me and opening her mouth so I started filling it with ice cream. She did this for quite a while so I really didn't get that much ice cream. I also HAD to stop at my favorite coffee shop for a nonfat latte! I'm hooked on those! :coffee2:

CONGRATS to you for staying OP and losing a pant size!! Great Job!!:cheer:

I still have a few weak moments and I at least try to reach for something healthy but it's getting easier thanks be to God! I just know within myself that I could not do this without Him!!

TheStorySoFar 03-22-2010 11:56 PM

Hi All~

It's been almost two years since I last logged in here, but I feel that it's time I came back. Not sure if folks remember me, however, I was lap-banded in 2007. With that, I lost 84lbs., however, over the course of a year, I gained all but 10lbs. of that back. Well, after having to find another surgeon because the one who did my surgery was no longer contracted with my insurance company and then trying to get in to see him, I saw no more results from the band. My new surgeon informed me that he would have never even made the suggestion of a lap-band on a person who was my size (424 when I first met my previous surgeon). So, last August, my surgeon and I made the decision to remove my band and do a gastric bypass.

Upon finishing all the testing required, I found out I had gallstones. Never had any pain from those little boogers (I still thank God for that one). Anyway, to make a long story short (too late), on March 10th of this year, I went through with the gastric bypass. So far, I've lost 17lbs. and am feeling pretty good with the exception of getting tired doing little things that I used to take for granted, like getting dressed, showering, brushing my teeth. I have been told that this is completely normal due to the fact that my caloric intake has been lowered drastically, but it's still quite disheartening. :(

I hope to become active here again. :)

~Story

Torister 03-23-2010 06:52 AM

Morning all! It is pouring here in Massachusetts this morning! Blech! I was so enjoying our sunny warm days. This weather does nothing for my mood or motivation!

Catherine, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope that you can reconnect with her children and that something positive grows out of the tragedy of the circumstances leading to her death. :hug:

Neon, take it slow getting back to exercise. Having had pneumonia myself, I know you need to let yourself heal.

Thinmint, good for you for only having a small amount of cake and ice cream. I have to avoid them completely as I am a sugar addict and that would lead to binging behavior. I always show up with a dessert I can eat and stay on plan. In my case, I have shown up with a big bowl of strawberries and blueberries and real homemade whipped cream at a big family event over the summer and that disappeared before the other sugary stuff. Also, at Thanksgiving I made a low carb sugar free pumpkin bake that is of in between a cheesecake and pumpkin pie that I frosted with real home made whipped cream...again gone before others. I always have a nice serving and never feel like I am going without a treat. Do some research and figure out a dessert that fits your plan that you can bring and indulge in and stay completely on plan!

Still sending healing thoughts out to Annie...hope all is continuing to go well. :hug:

RK...how you doin?

As for me...I went to the gym last night and got my 3.5 miles in on the treadmill in an hour and did another 5 minutes of cool down walking. Gosh I felt AWESOME when I left the gym. Not sore at all today. I am having a session with a trainer on Thursday night to work out a weight training program for me. I am looking forward to it!

I see my endo this morning...hope it goes well...:^:

Anyway...I am so chatty today...gotta get going and ready for work. Have a great day everyone. :hug:

Ratkitten 03-23-2010 08:00 AM

Greetings my Peeps!

Catherine, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm happy that the eldest contacted you. I'm sure that the news was a major blow and emotional eating happens. Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm glad the eldest called you for support and I know that you and Himself are a great source of strength for the child. Interesting that you got this news just when you and Himself were looking to share your lives with a child less fortunate. There are no such thing as coincidences!

Story, I had the DS on Feb 2nd of this year. It's a little different than traditional "gastic bypass". You'll feel like a truck hit you for the first 4 weeks and then your energy comes back around week 5-6. Drink your fluids, then worry about protein, then vitamins. Staying hydrated keeps away the nausea and helps with being tired. Grats on the loss so far!! I'm a slow loser, but slow and steady is ok with me.

Torti (I always think of tortishell when I type that) Keep up the great work exercising!!! One day, I shall feel those endorphins when I exercise. I don't even feel them when I bicycle. Let us know what the endo says.

Hugs to all with wonderful successes! Million, neon, fatgirlhealthy, thin!!

Hugs,
Ratkity

babble 03-23-2010 08:34 AM

This week has been much better than last week so far. It was a little difficult last night w/TOM pain and being really tired from the weekend. I'm hoping to get the Insulin Resistance Diet book this weekend, want to check the used bookstore also you never know.

milliondollarbbw-that is so awesome! You'll be below 300 before you know it.

Torister-That's great news about your exercise going well.Also about staying on plan over a difficult weekend.

ThinMint- Congrats on the weight loss and glad to hear that Curves is going well for you. It must have been wonderful celebrating your Grandmother's 82nd Birthday. A small piece of cake and small amount of ice cream is understandable and hard to do.

fatgirlhealthyself- isn't it nice that the weather is getting pretty making walking more enjoyable? Congrats on the weight loss.

neon-Yay about losing a pants size, that is such a good feeling. :)

Catherine- I am so sorry for your loss. It's good that her son has you to talk with and to support each other.

Story- I am not very familiar with WLS but I am sure after a surgery and drastic calorie change like that it is natural to have a drop in energy levels. I so hope that you are feeling better soon. Congratulations on your weight loss so far.

RatKitty- Hi there. Do you use a stationary bike or no? I have a stationary but would like to get bikes for DH and I to use sometime this spring/summer.

Ratkitten 03-23-2010 09:40 AM

G'morning again!

Hiya babble, BikerChick does not do stationary bikes! hehehehe. (that's my alterego, btw).

I've been a cycling addict for the past 20 years. I dared to wear spandex at 350lbs!! Oh, and stay outta mah way when I'm rolling down a hill. Gravity is my friend when gathering speed downhill.

I hope you get bicycles for you and DH. They are so much fun. May I suggest you find your local bicycle shop to purchase a bike? The things they sell at big stores have 2 wheels and look like bicycles, but won't be fit to you and cause you more pain (tailend, back and hand) than they are worth. Final word of advice: wear helmets! I hate em, but wear one. My one fall 20 yrs ago was a head first one and I am here today to tell you about it because of my hated helmet.

Hugs,
Ratkity

PS I hope TOM and his pain leaves you soon. I hate him sooooo much!

azcyn 03-23-2010 10:03 AM

morning all...

catherine: I am sorry about your loss..like Rat said there is no coinincidences. That child is back in your life for a reason.

As for me: Well I tried the new medication the Xiafaxin the Dr gave me. I have a 3 days worth of samples. Went to the pharmacy and tried to use my $75.00 coupon and was told it is a mail in rebate that has expired. UGH! So I am going to call the dr today and ask for either more samples or something else. I can't afford $140 for medication that i don't even know is going to work :(

My youngest is having the same issues now. He has missed so much school that they are now calling me and he is probably going to loose credit and be kicked out. I am going to call and talk to the assistant principal. I mean what am I suppose to do when he has stomach pains and can't make it through school!

All I do is cry anymore...seriously. I just want my kids and myself to be well again. I just don't know how that is going to happen.

Ratkitten 03-23-2010 10:17 AM

Hugs Cyn,

Sounds like you are going through the ringer. One hospital acquired microbe that isn't talked about alot is called C. diff (Clostridium difficile). It can be difficult to get rid of and is out pacing MRSA in hospitals. There is a test for it administered by your doc. I suspect it's what he's treating you for.

Hugs,
Ratkity