Old 02-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #1  

Question Advice? Corporate Meals Today

In looking at my work schedule today, I realize that I don't have a plan for my day. I usually make a reasonable lunch and bring to work, but today I realized it's a coworker's birthday and my team is taking her out. So, I think, I'll just get a salad, and I know how to choose my foods so that it's not a 3,000-calorie salad (no croutons, no breadsticks, dressing on the side, etc.)

Then I realized, this evening my boss is flying into town and wants to meet me for dinner. We haven't decided where, as he's not from here. I'm not going to want to have another salad, though. Suggestions on what to order? I'm also concerned that when I'm ordering, my appetite is going to override my will power, and I'll get a burger or something.

At least I'm deliberating about this. I use the excuse a lot that my "lifestyle" doesn't allow me to be as healthy as I want, and that's not entirely the case. I can set limits, walk in the cold (or mall-walk, even), plan around the rich meals offered by my employer, client, and vendor.

I will come back tonight and post what I had at both meals.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #2  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

Sounds like you are prepared, you already know the right choices to make, you just need to be strong and don't make an excuse that you're so hungry you just can't help pick something bad. Remember when you're body is telling you you're hungry it isn't asking for junk, it is looking for nutrients. When you go out for dinner you can choose a hamburger, just opt for no bun and get some veggies on the side, other things to look for are grilled chicken, kebobs, fish ask them to not cook with butter and you're good! Drink a glass of water before you eat your meal. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! Think success and you'll achieve it!
koceank29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 356/356/225

Height: 5'9

What about grilled chicken or fish with steamed vegetables? I am not a seafood eater so I try to go with chicken prepared without all of the sauces and cheese. Another good thing to do is as soon as you get your meal cut it in half and only eat half then get a to go box for the other half and have it for lunch tomorrow. Just remember simple things if you get a potatoe get the toppings on the side and stay away from fatty dressings and fried foods! Good luck you can do it!!!!!!! Stay positive stay strong and remember your a winner and you will feel fabulous when you make it through this day strong!!!!
Amberp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #4  

Sorry no new suggestions for food...I just wanted to say HI...from one Hyacinth fan to another! I LOVE that your screen name is Hyacinth and that you've got a photo of her posted! That show always makes me laugh! She does get into some ridiculous predicaments, and all because she cares so much about what perception people have of her! I'm hopeful that you're just being tongue-in-cheek with your screen name and don't care what people think of you nearly as much as "the lady of the house speaking" does!
2annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Salads, salads, and lean protein with veggies (i.e., grilled chicken or grilled fish with veggies as a side, no bread) are a good option that will help keep you on track with your food plan.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #6  

OK, so I had a turkey burger for lunch with sweet-potato fries (and shared them with peers), and for dinner I ordered a surf-n-turf kebab deal, which was 2 pieces of shrimp, 2-3 chunks of beef, a chunk of pineapple, some onions and peppers, on about a 1/2-cup bed of rice, with a side of spinach. Dinner was at one of these fancy restaurants where the more you pay the less you get! lol.

Not terribly great - I could've done with more vegetables - but I could've also done much much worse.

Thank you all for your support and advice!

@2annabelle: Hyacinth is hilarious! I am completely tongue-in-cheek about her. I think so many people could benefit from watching Hyacinth and learning to laugh about what we take so seriously.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote