Old 01-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Unhappy Emotionally hungry.....

So, this week has been a bit of an emotional one. I got some good news about a relative that I hadn't heard from in a while, so I should be happy. They have ignored my attempts at contacting them, so, that has brought up some bad feelings...

I haven't spent quality time with my bf in a while, and he is going thru so much and just seems easily upset. This has left me really worried about him and about our relationship.

I found out that a person who was very judgmental of my weight and looked down on me, seems to be having a great life---married with a kid, etc. Living a life that seems normal and average, and I am left wondering if I will have a normal life and if I will be able to accomplish what I want the most---to be financially stable/secure, to have a family, be married, be a mom, etc. My is going thru so much that at times I wonder if he wants to have children and a family. Right now, he is just trying to find time for himself.

I am so hungry right now. I know I am not really hungry, but I find myself looking at pictures of food. Even if I wanted to go and pig out, I can't, because I am broke and my budget is a cause of stress.

I just feel ravished in a lot of ways, and I know it is because of the emotional issues I dealt with this week.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I don't have a way out of this for you, but I've been walking the same path for quite some time.

The emotional choice to eat, for me, is all about managing my emotions, to numb them when they're overwhelming. My emotions feel really intense at times. I'm trying to learn to sit with them and let them flow out of me as I work through them. But when I don't have any answers or solutions to my immediate problems, I can whip up a plate of comfort in no time flat!

So that's where I am now, trying to learn to work through the emotions and learn to calm myself. I'm going to attend a class on emotional brain training at a local hospital, starting on Tuesday. Their website is here. I started to learn this years ago, but life, the universe and everything interrupted my progress. What I learned was helpful, but I need a lot more practice.

My very best wishes for you in this crucial time of your life.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Thank you so much for your support. I think I am going to take a good step and weigh myself first thing in the morning. I have been avoiding the scale and being very self-indulgent lately, primarily as a way to deal with stress. I do have desires to eat more healthy, but have been having some budget issues, so I buy what is most filling and comforting and cheap, and not necessarily the nice lettuces and salad items I would like to be able to buy.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #4  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Well, you know what they always say, take care of yourself first. And just take a step at a time. Change one thing, and then another, etc. I started off with replacing half-n-half for my coffee with low-fat milk. That alone saved me some calories and pennies. Now I drink it black. I think I cut 500 calories a day with that step alone.

You'll figure it out. And you'll learn that you really are strong and resillient. Believe in yourself!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 404.4/404.4/???

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliondollarbbw View Post

I found out that a person who was very judgmental of my weight and looked down on me, seems to be having a great life---married with a kid, etc. Living a life that seems normal and average, and I am left wondering if I will have a normal life and if I will be able to accomplish what I want the most---to be financially stable/secure, to have a family, be married, be a mom, etc. My is going thru so much that at times I wonder if he wants to have children and a family. Right now, he is just trying to find time for himself.

I am so hungry right now. I know I am not really hungry, but I find myself looking at pictures of food. Even if I wanted to go and pig out, I can't, because I am broke and my budget is a cause of stress.

I just feel ravished in a lot of ways, and I know it is because of the emotional issues I dealt with this week.
Boy, do I know how you feel!! When I start feeling emotional, it's an automatic response for me to go to the kitchen and grab the first thing I see. I don't even care what it is as long as I can put it in my mouth.

And I also know how you feel when you say you wonder if you'll ever be financially secure, have a family, etc. I wonder that myself. I'll be 30 soon and I'm nowhere near where I thought I would be. But I know that just sitting around worrying about isn't going to do me any good. I have to work hard on myself and I truly believe that the rest will fall into place. I believe the same would happen for you.

I know I am new here, but if you need to vent or talk, you can always send me a message *hugs*
pinkandsparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Emotionally eating and feeling that way has always been and always will be not only a downfall for me, but a huge struggle.

One thing I've been trying to learn is how to comfort myself with other things. Talking to you all, talking to a friend, confiding in my boyfriend, doing artwork...it is hard and a struggle. Right now, where I am, I can say that I'm not perfect and I don't expect myself to be. I'm just in a place now where I can continue to grow and try to do things better day by day.

I'm in the same boat, financially, and well just on my success level. The thing is, what matters most is that WE take care of ourselves and are happy with ourselves. Things do fall into place and I do believe that when one door closes another one opens.

*HUGS*
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote