3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Weekly Thread #1244 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/189632-300-weekly-thread-1244-a.html)

Heather 01-04-2010 07:17 AM

300+ Weekly Thread #1244

:welcome:

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

PinkFlamingo 01-04-2010 09:54 AM

Hi everyone! Welcome to the first Monday of 2010!

I'm recommitting today. I woke up and snarfed 3 slices of pizza without even THINKING about it. IT just kinda slipped my mind that I am getting back to healthy eating. Ooops.

I am still wallowing in misery, but going to try to get back on track today. I guess I will make a psychiatrist appointment, although my faith in psychiatry is not exactly high right now. (as in zilch).

Going to try to get a sooner grooming appt for the girls, as MJ is quite matted after I was too sick to groom her a few weeks ago. Zoey doesn't mat because her fur is more yorkie than maltese, and Oscar's fur is still short. My little MJ looks pretty pathetic right now though!

I am feeling needy and achey today. I start school and have absolutely no motivation. It's hard to keep motivated when you are so depressed you don't even see the point in getting out of bed.

Have a good day ladies. Let's make this the best year ever!

Jacquie668 01-04-2010 10:01 AM

Holy cow I hate mornings sometimes. I'm so not a morning person, well unless I'm out in nature then I'm very morning person, but right now I would be like "meh" and walk back to bed lol. Tossed and turned all night long... I think I have the hormones starting to rage.

Weight is continuing to go down, I'm struggling with cravings< BUT hanging in there...I can do this!

Very quick post, catching up with emails this morning *HUGS* I'll do personals later on this evening.

erinkman1 01-04-2010 11:17 AM

Good morning everyone!! Well after a very long night of being up to potty every 20 minutes because of the gallon of water I drank yesterday afternoon, I must say I feeling pretty good. Thank goodness I work midnights and am used to being up all night. Anyone else work the midnight shift? It is so hard for me on the nights I am off work because I am up 1/2 the night alone so I find myself wanting to snack because I am bored.

OrganizedChaos 01-04-2010 03:49 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies. This is the first Monday of 2010 and we are officially past the Holidays. I don't know about the rest of you but I am glad to put that behind me. No pun intended. I am still losing and it may have come off slower in December but regardless I am down. I am not looking forward to the next few months though. These months seem to drag to me because there are no big holidays or time off from work for awhile.

I have been looking at the calendar and starting to put in place some of my mini-goals for 2010.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2010!

dogpal 01-04-2010 05:19 PM

Happy Monday all,

Pink: Hugs to you hon. Hang in there. My parents are already retired to Idaho. lol. We followed them here and now they say it is too cold for them. I want them to be happy and they are supposed to be getting an offer on their house today. I am praying that they do. I want them to be happy.

Catherine: Way to go doll.

Jacquie: Woo hoo for the weight coming down. Stay on track.

Erink: would sugar free gum help? They praise it so much on the biggest looser show. lol.

Organized: I like that you sat down and did some mini goals. I think I will do that too. I do it every year. Not resolutions but goals. I just looked at my last year's goals and the most important one for me which was my spiritual life, well, I met all of the goals that I had for myself there so That is great. I need to add some more cause there is always room for improvment and I need to complete the other goals that I set and didn't meet and make some new ones too.

Joel stayed home from work today. He was not ready to go back to work after so many days off so he took one more. lol. He is cleaning the house for me top to bottom and doing a fantastic job. WE called about our new baby "Moose" and he is not ready to come home just yet. Joel set up his HUGE crate in our bedroom right next to where Pepper sleeps so she can get used to it. I was goofing off and I crawled in there and closed the door then called for Pep to see if she could find me. She did. She has the best sniffer around. lol. I am still a kid at heart. I love playing hide and go seek with my dogs. It never gets old. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie

MotoXMama 01-04-2010 06:25 PM

Hi everyone! Is it ok if I start posting here? I've been reading here for so long, and just love the support I see here... and I need it! Today was going to be my "recommitment" day. And as with every other time I try, I've blown it. It is sooooo hard! I just cannot get a handle on my food addiction. I jsut don't really know where to begin, but I know if I don't begin somewhere, my time is going to run out.

So I have some goals this week. First off to drink water - a lot of it. So today I made a big pitcher of water with cucumber and lemon, and drank the whole thing! Yay for me! I hope to do this everyday!

Next, I have got to start getting some exercise. I feel horrible physically, and just getting up and down at this point is miserable. I need to get physical somehow. My husband moved the treadmill back out for me yesterday, and I keep thinking about getting on it to walk a little... I keep thinking about it, but haven't done it yet.

Thanks for having me. I hope it's ok for me to post here. Would love to get and give the support and encouragement that I see so much here!

Heather 01-04-2010 07:39 PM

MotoXMama -- Course it's okay to post! My advice -- every make a plan for what you will do and then DO it. If you don't, try to figure out why it didn't work. You're doing that now with the water... just keep finding new things to change slowly....

The idea is to make changes you can live with over the long term. The good news is you don't need to change everything all at once...

Debbie54 01-04-2010 08:37 PM

Hi Chickies,
Did pretty well today. I drank so much water yesterday that I was up all night going going going!! lol

Food I did pretty well too. I didn't overeat. I have trouble with portion control, even if its veggies...so I've been working on that.

Exercise, didnt get any in today but have been running all over delivering orders so to me that can be a workout. Its more than I usually do. Will be doing more tomorrow too.

Annie, I could just see you in the big kennel waiting for your furbaby to come and find you. Hope you get the new baby soon.

Pink sorry to hear you're in such a funk. I hope you can feel better soon and be successful. It' so hard when you just dont feel up to it emotionally.

Well, thats all the time I have right now. Gotta make phone calls for tomorrows deliveries!!
ta ta

CatherineM 01-04-2010 10:50 PM

First water aerobics class of 2010. The water heater was broken in the pool. They had fixed it before class started, but it was only up to 72F when we hit the pool. Holy Cow, it was cold. The class ended up only have 6 people who were willing to stay. Most headed to the hot tub, where the heater was working too good, and it was 108F degrees in there. We did the whole class. I noticed that I couldn't go as fast as normal. I'm hoping that it was just because of the temperature. Before we went out to the pool, my husband told me that one of my legs was more saggy from the back than the other one. I told him that was what every wife wants to hear. He said he meant it as a compliment. Just call me droopy drawers, I guess.

I had 2300 calories today. More than I like, but I felt like I burned so many today that I needed it. I burn about 750 calories during water aerobics. It is a novel concept to eat for what you need rather than for what you want.

gggirls 01-05-2010 07:09 AM

Catherine - they wouldn't let anyone in our pool yesterday - they worked on it over the holidays and refilled - neglected to turn the heater on - I wasn't there but heard the water was mid-50's. I may not be swimming on Saturday as usual either - takes a long time for that much water to warm.

azcyn 01-05-2010 09:21 AM

morning ladies..

I am hear reading everyones posts.

I got an appt with the Dr for tomoroow. I have to get my pap and talk to her about whatever is going on with me. I am thinking it is GERD but not sure. I guess I thought if I had GERD, that I would have heartburn. Which I don't. But after reading some online some people dont have all the symptoms. All I know is I am miserable.

Catherine: funny hubby :)

hbieber2006 01-05-2010 11:40 AM

Good Morning ladies...well today was my first official weigh-in of 2010 and though it is higher than it was before the holidays i am happy with 284.2 because last week i was 287.2 so i have lost 3 lbs of the 7 lbs i gained over the holidays so far so i am on my weigh and i changed my ticker to head for my next goal which is 100 lbs and the reason i picked the summer themed ticker is because i am hoping to be 100 lbs down by summer when my dad and my sister are coming back up from texas to visit so that is my motivation to help me keep going.

Also, i did a 5 mile walk this morning which i am very proud of and i figure that any games i play on the wii or darts that i play will just be extra calories i burn.

I'm so excited that biggest loser starts tonight i cant wait!!! :) I'm so siked!!! and tomorrow night at 9pm on discovery health is a special show they are doing aobut erik from season 3 who gained all his weight back so i really want to watch that tomorrow night too! Well, sorry i am rambling i will catch you ladies later!
Heather

dogpal 01-05-2010 12:22 PM

MotoX: Welcome! Glad that you are here. Little changes are great and then once you stick to them, make more changes. Way to go on drinking the water.

Debbie: Great job with eating and drinking. I think delivering Avon counts for exercise!

Catherine: I laughed at your DH's compliment. I get some like that too and well, I know how you feel. lol.

Carol: Hi sweet friend. Happy New Year.

Cyn: I hope you have the answers you need after you see the Dr. tomorrow.

Heather: Woo hoo for being down some. Way to go.

Well, I am UP, UP, UP and I am fed up. lol. Today is the day that I gain my control back. No more eating junk cause I don't feel like eating. No more skipping exercise caused the Dr tells me I can't do it. I am going to listen to my heart and if it starts hurting I will stop.

I am baking sugarfree carrot cake cupcakes right now. I am not sure if I will take them to group or put them in the freezer for the occasional treat. It is made with tons of carotts and raisins and pineapple. It honestly is yummy.

Okay all, lets do super good today to continue our week of being good to our bodies.

Blessings all,
Annie

miradoblackwarrior 01-05-2010 12:39 PM

Hello, all-
I don't think I've posted on this thread before, but I certainly need it!

This is MY decade I've decided to eat better and exercise more. My primary goal at this point is to just be a normal size. For myself, I got a Wii, and, I gotta tell you, that thing is awesome! I exercise at least 4 times a week (it "nags" me if I haven't checked in daily, playing the games. I'm up to running in place 10 minutes a day, plus the bike, the balance games, the boxing--and I still haven't played all the games. I've also just gotten the Wii resort games, and there is a new walking game coming out, I believe in February (on order at Amazon). Considering I was a couch potato with bad feet...LOL

So, anyways, I am here, checking in with you guys. I am really, really committed right now. I can feel that I will have a good decade, and I wish the same to all of you!
Susan