3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Weekly Thread #1244 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/189632-300-weekly-thread-1244-a.html)

erinkman1 01-07-2010 06:35 AM

Well I started off by going into work at 7pm thinking I would be leaving at 3am. So I figured I would just take a bag of the 100 calorie popcorn with me for my meal/snack. Well of coarse it ended up being a defective bag and did not pop! I HATE when that happens!! (made sure to send the company a email and they are now sending me a free box!) So right away I went into a panic of what can I eat now. I did not want to go near the vending machines but knew I had to eat something. I was so relieved when the lady who works the kitchen for our patients who get up through the night was kind enough to let me sneak in and get myself a bowl of grapes. I also had a fiber one bar in my purse so I was quite happy. And I am glad I did because I then ended up not getting out of work until 5am. I am now making a mental note that things come up and I must be prepared for them. I have already stuck a new fiber one bar in my purse so that way I always have at least something in case.

azcyn 01-07-2010 09:49 AM

WOW..so many new peeps..and oldies coming back YEAH!!!!!

Yesterday I didnt get to the dr..I rescheduled for Wednesday of next week. I want to see if the GERD meds i am back on are helping..they are some what but not really.

My son wrote a letter to his ex. We will see if she responds. If not..I am taking time to go see a lawyer when I am off next week.

My son ahd an interview yesterday..he said it went good. I hope he gets it.

dogpal 01-07-2010 10:35 AM

Good Morning all,

Pink: Hugs to you about your pastor. It will be okay sweetie. Hang in there. I will pray that you feel more secure in the Lord than ever before. My new baby is a labradoodle. 1/2 lab and 1/2 poodle. He is 2nd generation so both of his parents are also labradoodles. We are hoping to get another 2nd generation female and down the road breed them and have 3rd generation. The more generations down the less the possiblity of shedding is. Our old girl, Pepper is 1/2 lab and 1/2 golden. We adore her and that mixture so much. I have asthma though and being my dogs in in the house with me a lot it is better to have non shedding ones.

Jacquie: Great job making yourself something not too diet damaging for a sweet!

Debbie: Thanks for the info on walk it off. Sounds fun. Great job eating right on track.

Erin: Yep, always be prepared. lol.

Cyn: Hugs to you.

Well, I just got out of a nice warm bath tub. I love taking baths. Now I need to start getting ready to go to the Dr. My appointment is at 9 a.m. my time so hopefully it won't be too long of a wait.

Blessings all,
Annie

kayleystar 01-07-2010 09:53 PM

Wow, I can hardly keep up! The thread is HOPPIN! I'll be back in here asap. I'm super swamped right now (same ol' story). This weekend, things should finally calm down, and I can get to some personals!!

PinkFlamingo 01-08-2010 01:20 AM

Annie - labradoodles are cute! Good luck with your new baby!

Cyn - Did your son hear back yet?

I am hanging in. I am terribly, terribly sad, but surviving. Maybe crying burns calories? :)

Jacquie668 01-08-2010 09:43 AM

Debbie - Yeah I think so. The thing is when I say "spoonful" I tend to have that over the course of a day. I literally will put a little bit of raw honey on the tip of a spoon and eat that, the a few more like that. I can't stomach a whole spoonful at once lol. But I did read that in a book I have that if you are craving sweets a bit of raw honey can help. The lady who wrote it said she would eat a spoonful of it and because it is so sweet it would satisfy her. I have to admit I was okay with it, but I needed something crunchy so the little apple crumble thing worked. All i did was pulse about a cup of raw pecans, a cup of raw almonds until they were broken down enough and still crunchy. Then I did use a pinch of salt and agave nectar (which isn't entirely raw), maybe a tablespoon of that. I pulsed briefly to incorporate that. Dumped that out into a bowl, pulsed an apple with cinnamon and nutmeg...mixed it all up. That is all I did and it wasn't the best thing in the world, but it has possibilities. So quick! :D

Cyn - Hope the doc visit goes well, it is today yes? I hope you and your Son get the matter resolved soon. Personally, I think a lawyer is a good move either way. It sounds like the girls family is counting on you not getting legal representation. *HUGS*

Annie - I hope the doc appointment goes well! I hope you start getting those answers!

Pink - *HUGS*

Well...TOM has finally visited, so I'm on the first day woo. Finally...I have to say this month was the best in terms of handling cravings and food control. I did have a few treats in terms of hummus or olives, but I didn't go crazy. We'll see how that manages to turn out weight wise.

I'm crampy today, but up and a lot brighter than I have been. I feel like all that hormonal junk is starting to lift now. :D Gotta deal with my insurance company, but I'm putting it off until Monday. I can't deal with it today.

I went to the health food store and got more Turmeric pills. Anyone suffering from HS (hidradenitis suppurativa) or other autoimmune diseases should check that out. The Turmeric has made a difference, it helps things a bit and my skin is better, not perfect, but better. I take two 500mg pills a day. :D No big deal... when I stop taking them I see my flare ups start to get worse. I think diet plays a big roll as well and I hope with continued weight loss things will get better.

I also went to Target and got a new workout thing with resistance bands. I hope that goes well. I did get the medium and not the heavy strength. I figured I'm kind of a newbie with this and since it was only $13, I can easily get the heavy or another brand so I'm not worried about it.

I hope everyone is well. :D *HUGS*

dessi 01-08-2010 11:16 AM

Hi, this is my second day on this site, and I already could cry from the support I've gotten. Y'all Rock! I'm about 310 and need to get to 150. NO, I WILL get to 150. My problem is exercise. I live waaaay out in the sticks, and its cold! What do you girls who don't have exercise equipment do in the winter? I have a wii...but...I'm embarrassed to do in front of my husband. He's a pipeliner, but he's off right now...probly won't go back to work till March. Any ideas???

Ratkitten 01-08-2010 12:00 PM

Dessi, welcome if I haven't said it yet!

I try to welcome everyone. I don't mean to miss people, but sometimes I get a wee bit overwhelmed and forget names.

I heard some people like the Leslie Sansam (sp) dvds. In the winter, I never did verry well with the equipment I had. I've ended up using my Wii more.

Hugs,
Ratkity

oneLess 01-08-2010 09:11 PM

Hey everyone, I wanted to just jump in here at the end and tell you all I am joining.
I am a SAHM to 2 kids. A son who is about 4 and a 5 month old daughter. I am breastfeeding currently and plan to for at least another year. Since having my son 4 years ago i have gained 40 pounds on top of my already 330 pound body. When I met my DH I was 300. 70 pounds later for me and about 70 pounds for him here we are. I was never thin but this is getting crazy.
Anyway...just jumping in... trying to learn this forum and to tell you all I am comfortable here in the 300+ group and will start here.
Thanks for having me!

Heather 01-08-2010 09:51 PM

Hey all you new peeps! Check out our exercise thread! We NEED you to join and record the minutes you exercise so we can beat our last year's goal!!

dessi -- I do hear a lot of people mention Leslie Sansone's (sp?) Walk Away the Pounds videos!

dgramie 01-08-2010 10:43 PM

i love the walk diet dvd and they really do work if you use them right!!!

playfullyme 01-08-2010 11:52 PM

I have been here once before (very briefly I might add) but this time I intend to stay. :D No excuses.

You guys are all so inspiring to me.

I am trying to drink more water and track what I eat. I have been making myself pay attention to serving sizes which is something we have never done. Think I did okay today. :carrot: Kinda hard when your choices are limited cuz you can't make it to the store due to snownami (my friends name for this crazy weather we're having).

Heather 01-09-2010 08:06 AM

Welcome back, playfullyme!

kayleystar 01-09-2010 09:24 AM

Hi all.

Positive vibes requested, ladies...

My stepdad had a stroke, as you might remember, two days after Thanksgiving. Well, yesterday, he was admitted into the hospital with seizures, and at this point, they don't know if he's going to make it.

Heading to the hospital with my Mom now.

dgramie 01-09-2010 09:42 AM

kayley- hugs to you hun!! My dad had a stroke 5yrs ago and now has seisures. I will keep him in my prayers. Please take care of yourself..we are here when you need us!