Old 07-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/240/180

Height: 5'5"

Arrow Personal Stressors and Losing a wheel!

So first I just wanted to say that these past 2 weeks have been ridiculous! I moved down to school in with a roommate. I started out good, working out and watching what I ate, but without the internet, I found that I stopped keeping track at all! I know there were days when I didn't eat nearly enough, and I know of the days when I went out to eat and definitely overate. While I tried to maintain working out. My wii fit began acting up. It informed me I lost 54 lbs in one day ( I moved it from home to here) so I lost hope. I blamed it on other people, but really it was all me, making the decision to let things get in the way of my weight loss journey. Regardless of my resources, I can always walk, and it's not always about the numbers on the scale but the feeling. Well I've moved again for the next 2 weeks ( I hate being a college kid) and I've gained 30 lbs in a day.

Thus leaving me very discouraged!

How do you keep going when you don't want to go at all?
How do you keep going when you have no motivators, not even yourself?

Honestly I've felt so guilty for letting the ladies on here down. I feel like I've left the weight loss honeymoon. As long as I can see steady losses I was okay.

I pledge this next week. I will keep track! I will do my best for me! Any suggestions or support would be well welcomed!
aphimira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 329/318/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey, don't give up now! You can do it! It really is hard when you're moving and settling in, so don't be too hard on yourself.

As far as your questions go, I've only finished my first week, but I was tempted to throw in the towel twice. The only thing that snapped me out of it was telling myself that I was not allowed to quit. I am not going to be a quitter anymore!

I find that I have to be firm with myself, but also kind. Yesterday was a horrible day - truly one of the worst days I can remember in recent history. I did overeat, but not as much as I wanted to - I told myself it was enough. I also did not get a chance to exercise, but I made sure I drank plenty of water. I journalled about it, then went to bed and started fresh today.

Don't punish yourself for perceived "failures", don't let yourself quit. Dust yourself off, and keep going. After all, you've already said it: one bite, one pound, and one step at a time!
taniquelasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #3  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

I agree, your sig says it so well! Don't beat yourself up, analyze what you'd like to do differently and move on. Looking through the goal and mini-goal forums can be a great source of inspiration too, seeing what others here have gone through already.

Since you moved your schedule is probably up in the air too, establishing a routine might help you gain some structure and make sure stuff like exercise time doesn't become a negotiable, easily removed factor from your day. Maybe quit worrying so much about the wonked out scale while all this is going on since that seems to be a big source of frustration right now, and focusing on eating/exercise goals.

Just being here is a very positive thing! You care enough to just not turn away and quit bothering.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote