Old 07-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #1  

Question new here,wanna lose, dunno where to start. help?

hello all! my name Brittiny, im 18, married and 306lbs.
my husband and I are ttc. we've been trying for 9 months with no luck! I want to lose weight but never have motivation or the drive to stick to it. what are some ways I could lose a little? id be Happy with 20lbs.
I've always been big, n always got picked on all through highschool. I wanna lose weight so bad but i try n just never works or I give up!
bratbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #2  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

Height: 5'6

Hi Brittiny, I also struggled with TTC and we tried for 3 years before having our now 10 month old daughter. Its a very emotional thing to go through! I lost weight (around 40 pounds) before I got pregnant. I started at 292 and the day I found out I was pregnant I was 252. I am starting tonight to try and lose weight because now that she is here, I want to be able to be the best mom I can be. I am going to try calorie counting because it lets me eat what I want but I have to be sensible. I have also always been big and I know what its like to be an addict. Its the hardest thing I have ever tried to beat and I still havent been able to do it. Maybe we could do it together. I can offer all of my TTC knowledge- I studied this nonstop for years!!
kellie105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:22 AM   #3  

Smile

hey kellie, i found this website its fitday.com it's completely free unless you want to go more detailed which i never did because it's like a journal you can keep on your computer. you can put the foods in that you eat and it shows you a pie chart of what percentage is fat, protein, and carbs but the diagram tells you how many calories you have consumed that day. there is also and activity tab where you can put in pretty much everything you did that day and it estimates the amount of calories you burned that day whether you were sleeping, watching tv, cleaning, cutting grass, it has almost everything. i've been trying to do it for about 2 months now off and on whenever i have time to get on the computer and i lost about 7lbs which is big for me because i've been in a rut. but i really suggest checking it out if the calorie counting is what you're trying next. and let me know what you think of it!
Nicholek589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellie105 View Post
I am starting tonight to try and lose weight because now that she is here, I want to be able to be the best mom I can be. I am going to try calorie counting because it lets me eat what I want but I have to be sensible. I have also always been big and I know what its like to be an addict. Its the hardest thing I have ever tried to beat and I still havent been able to do it. Maybe we could do it together. I can offer all of my TTC knowledge- I studied this nonstop for years!!
thanks Kellie. it would be nice to do it together. Might get me more motivated to have help and someone to talk to. I think my problem is I don't know when or if I ovulate. I want to get ovulation monitors or something but we don't have a lot of money lately cuz of so many car troubles lol
bratbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #5  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

Height: 5'6

Nichole- I love fitday but havent been very faithful to recording everything but today is offically day one and so far so good!! I will start recording tonight. Congrats on the 7 pounds!!!!

Brat- My issue was that I did not O and when I did I was timimg it wrong. There are several ways to tell if you are O'ing without those kits- they never worked for me anyway- PM me and I will fill you in. How are you doing today? I have been good so far BUT I have a cookout tonight......wish me luck!!
kellie105 is offline   Reply With Quote