Old 07-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #1  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Default I ate weirdly all last week and now I am RAVENOUS!

As some of you know, I spent last week in MD babysitting my 2 year old nephew while my SIL took her weeklong intensive grad classes and my BIL worked (but was home at night).

I knew that spending a week with my BIL would lead to less than perfect eating (as they don't keep much food in the house and I would not have access to a car) but I figured it wouldn't be too out of hand since he is diabetic.

Bzzt, wrong, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

He controlled every morsel of food I put in my mouth including water (their sink water is not really drinkable, it tastes like licking the floor so they have bottled water). I ate pretty much nothing but slices of deli turkey and string cheese except for one night where he brought home fried chicken, one night where he brought home burger king, and one night where he brought home chinese. Everything else I ate was deli turkey and string cheese and I did not eat much of those because if too much disappeared he would get all bent out of shape (this also made me very paranoid of how much I fed the baby but I guess that is neither here nor there). I drank water in tiny sips because I was hoping he would not notice the volume going down and did not come anywhere close to the gallon-ish I drink when I am home (and my skin looks like crap as a result but again, irrelevant to my question).

Anyway, the point of this thread is not to rip on my BIL (although everyone I have told has responded with nothing but horror) but to tell you all this - my period started yesterday (in between getting in the car to go to the airport and going through airport security it started full blast, made for a very pleasant plane ride - NOT!) and between that and the aftermath of how little I had been eating, I am STARVING right now. I've been drinking tons of water both to make up for the week and to try to keep myself full but I'm still starving. I have eaten five (yes, five, although not consecutively) yoplait 100 calorie containers since I got up this morning, picked a couple of bites off some chinese takeout leftovers in the fridge, and eaten a can of salmon and a roll. That would ordinarily feel like a lot of food, especially with the ton of water I have been drinking but I am STARVING. And I am keeping myself busy (internets, bridezillas marathon) so it's not like I am just sitting here twiddling my thumbs and thinking about food.

My stomach is SCREAMING right now and I don't know what to tell it. What should I tell it? Also, I am going to be grilling hamburgers (don't worry, I buy 93/7 ground beef) for dinner in a couple of hours but when I think about making it a couple of hours I want to start gnawing my fingers off.

Last edited by nooch; 07-19-2009 at 07:02 PM.
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

If you ate less calories and/or volume it's not unusual that you would be exceptionally hungry. Try something bulkier than yogurt, like a big plate of steamed (or roasted) veggies. Keep up with the water, and I'm guessing that it will pass.

On the tap water not drinkable, if you're there again, try boiling and cooling it. That will take anything icky out of the water, and may improve the taste.

Good luck.

Last edited by RealCdn; 07-19-2009 at 07:35 PM.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #3  
neurotic not delusional

S/C/G: 115/108.5/68 (kilos rock!)

Height: 5'6 (Thats 167cm in real measurements!)

I agree with Anne, go for the veg or some fruit. I've had my ravenous moments & I just stop & tell myself that just 'cause I'm hungry doesn't mean I have to eat crap.
Lila Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote