Old 06-14-2009, 03:11 AM   #1  
Sledge

S/C/G: 406/294/150

Height: 5'7"

Default New Here

Hi I just posted this under Intro but do not know where I should be!!!!

Hi!

I go by Sledge. I am 47 years old. Over the past year and a half, I have lost over 100 lbs. I do not know my actual starting weight. I starved myself for three weeks before going to the doctor where I weighed in at, gulp, 406. I figure I was around 425 or so before that. I lost the weight by following a modified South Beach plan and doing Leslie Sansone walk tapes.

I got down to about 270 and then stalled and then gained back 40 lbs. A week ago, I started again and I have lost 12 lbs and am now at 294. I would like to someday weigh 150 but my first goal is to fit into all restaurant booths. It is mortifying to not fit. I don't want the anxiety anymore.

I just started a blog so I will be accountable to the world.

It is on blogger and it is entitled Booth or Bust! (I cannot link it here yet)

I am currently getting 5 days of lunches and dinners from BistroMD, a meal delivery service. I started getting 7 days of breakfasts, lunches, suppers, and snacks. After less than 1 week, I found myself craving a salad or apple so that is shy I switched to lower plan. The food is actually OK but the plan is expensive. I am going to try to stick with it for discipline purposes.

I have not started to exercise yet but my plan is to walk everyday until the snow comes and then switch to Leslie Sansone.

I am totally inspired by Zeusmeatball at One Man's Trip to the Half blog. Maybe once I can actually walk three miles, I will do the C25K program. What a thrill that would be.

I appreciate any and all encouragement and wish all of you the best of luck and goodness as we become healthy and fit!!! It will be a long haul for me but I am determined.

I wanna fit in a booth!!!!

Peace.

Sledge
sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:16 AM   #2  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

how dont u fit into a booth because i am able too and i weight more? lol i do fit comfortable, but when i started thats when i didnt fit. i want to be able to fit in the rollercoasters rides at any theme park.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I think you're in the right place and will find people who understand where you're coming from!

I invite you to our exercise thread -- see the top of the page. It's easy -- justeep track of the number of minutes you exercise and add em to the group total! It's fun and adds an element of accountability, too.

We have a weekly numbered thread -- it moves fast, but you're welcome to join!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/Ticker/150

Hello and Welcome, Sledge!!

I know what you mean about those stupid booths. May we both get beyond that so that even the fear of it is but a distant memory!
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #5  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Sledge!
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #6  

Welcome.

I hear you about the booths. I can fit in them but not without feeling like I'm pushing all my organs up into my chest. I went to the movies yesterday and thank goodness for armrests that raise up because I felt like a sardine squished into that seat. But I digress...

Everyone here understands and is here to help. You've lost before so you know you can do it again and we all have faith in you that you'll do great.
Dani052566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 409/397/160

Height: 5'7

sledge- I hear yeah about booths. I always request tables so we have to wait longer most of the time. I would love it get back to where I did not have to worry about that.

Cutie-That is also another thing I want to be able to do. I was so hurt and upset with myself when I could not get on a rollercoaster that I was dying to try. I have advoid theme parks since. That is one goal for when my son is older and can ride I can go with him.
winki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

You can totally do this. I never quite got to the point where I couldn't squeeze into one, but boy, it is so uncomfortable to try to EAT when you are so squished that you can't even see your plate. And I never was able to eat anything without it getting all down the front of my shirt. Man, that was miserable. And now 100+ lbs later, I still have a ways to go but I feel so much better, and I can fit in booths and seats and whatnot with room to spare. Welcome!!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #9  
Sledge

Thank you all so much.

It is so nice to "talk" to people who understand! There are so many things that my weight either stops me or makes me hesitate from doing....

Booths is the big one! I want to travel. I want to go through life worrying about the big and important things like people without homes or people who are discriminated against etc instead of worrying if I will fit into a booth!!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #10  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Well then you are definitely in the right place because we all worry about this stuff here in the 300+ Club...but you are going to feel AMAZING as you continue down your weightloss journey.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 409/397/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge View Post
Thank you all so much.

It is so nice to "talk" to people who understand! There are so many things that my weight either stops me or makes me hesitate from doing....

Booths is the big one! I want to travel. I want to go through life worrying about the big and important things like people without homes or people who are discriminated against etc instead of worrying if I will fit into a booth!!

I know how you feel. I feel I miss out on things with my son because I cant do it.
winki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #12  
Sledge

Hmmmm

I also want to not worry about having seat belts fit in other people's cars and...

Fitting in classroom desks with the chair attached......

Do you ever wonder why a light bulb did not go off the very first time you could not fit into a booth or chair or seatbelt? Say, I am successfull in losing this weight.....how do recognize the lighbulb moment before I am again 200 lbs overweight?