Old 06-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138kg/127kg/72kg (304/280/160)

Height: 5foot 7inches

Smile Time to take charge and set a mini goal target

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's time to jump in - boots and all. I weighed 144kg about a fortnight ago and since then have lost 2.5kg. No great biggie but I'm happy. I have been following a sensible eating plan, watching calories, but have gone cold turkey on the junk - lollies, cake, biscuits. At first the cravings were awful but now, I don't seem to want them. Well, that's how it is this week. I think my body is getting used to the natural sweetness of fruit and things.

This was a biggie for me though. My kids love snacks - the typically rubbish. I looked in the biscuit tin, and put the lid back on it. I wasn't even tempted. (Lucky all the good ones were gone - Hey).

Anyway, while my motivation levels are high, I want to announce a planned target. According to my calculations, it is doable but it will need determination.

Okay - PLAN A - my anniversary is on 18 Aug. My hubby and I will have been together for seven years. I want to get down to 130kg. As I said, I think its doable. AND if I don't get that far then PLAN B will be to get as close as I can. Mind bending hey

I will post my results as I get going. Talk soon.
Meggie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #2  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Good luck!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #3  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Go Meggie! You can do it!

I started at your weight and Im down to 131kg from last weigh in. You can reach that goal!
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #4  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey there darlin's,

Meg, I see that you are very focused and motivated and I am sure you will reach your goal. Now I have absolutley no idea what 2.5kg or 130kg is but I know that you are determinded and will reach it!! Keep us posted and I will be cheering you on.

Aggie/AKA Ags
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #5  

Thanks ladies,

Will see how we get on. By the way 2.5kg is about 5lb. It's nice to have some the cheer me on.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

I had a headache for 2 weeks when I went cold turkey on those things! Since then I can't eat a lot of those things at once or I feel ill. I had some calories to use up yesterday and couldn't think of anything healthy to have so I had about 150 calories of chocolate and felt so sick after. I'm ok if i just have a piece or two.

Well done on the weight loss so far Sounds like a sensible goal to me My goal is to reach 16 stone (just over 100kg) by about the same time though I know maybe that won't be possible so my plan B is also to get as near as possible
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #7  

Unhappy

Hi everyone,

Thought I would take this opportunity to share how I've been getting on.

Well, who would have thought... I planned for Plan A and possibly Plan B but who would have thought that C would pop up.

I have been fat too long and decided to do something about it. Respark our relationship by reclaiming my old me. Have been walking nearly every day and watching what goes into my mouth. Have had to.

About two months ago, hubby announced that he didn't know whether he still loved me because he was having family issues. Mummy didn't like me after 7 years.

Well, that hit me like a brick.

Now, the time is getting close to the end. Don't know how much weight l've lost but it amounts to about 3 inches off my waist and clothes are feeling quite loose. The bathroom scales aren't working and I'm not paying for new ones for him.

At the end, I feel lost but liberated. It feels strange to think of myself as a single instead of as part of a couple or a family. He's not worth getting all upset over, even though I feel that I still care just a bit. He's trying to be a proper you know what though. The silence is deafening. It's hard but I have a family and a stack of friends who care and I have two good hands and a brain. Life will go on. If anything, he gave me motivation to keep going with the weight loss. I need to be as good as I can be. I found living with him to be very restricting. Little money and had to ask for every cent. My wardrobe was pretty presentable when I first started out with him but became rags and bags over the years. I gained nearly 60 kilograms during my time with him. He was a control freak and it would have killed me in the end. My health was suffering. Life could not have continued like that.

I must admit that although food has been my crutch for a number of years and that I have more than a few kilograms of emotional fat, I have not succumbed to pigging out this time. No cakes or lollies or chocolate here. I have been very well behaved on that score. I want to look good for the workforce and possible future loves. Well, one has to think there is a Knight for every Princess.

Anyway, I'm going to be okay. He's agreed to help me shift back East - anything to be rid of me. You have to laugh. Don't know if there will be any sort of property settlement without involving Solicitors etc. He doesn't want to go down that path, so he may be generous. Unfortunately, everything is in his name. They say, once biten, twice shy. Well, next time, I won't be so easily led.

Well, the weight will come off. I will be my own person in charge of me again. I will be happy again. But gee, I could do with a hug. We used to have a warm comfortable relationship. No great passion but he was my rock. Oh dear! Must go or I'll start to cry again, wallowing in self pity.

Anyway, the weight will go - my 60kilos, his 130kg and all of his baggage.

Thanks for listening.

It feels better to talk about these things.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #8  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Wow, praying for you and your family as you adjust. If you dont mind!
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

meggie girl_ hugs and you can do it!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #10  

Thanks all,

Went to the Chemist's yesterday and spent a dollar on the digital scales there. Well, it's good news 132kg or 291lb. Little quote said, "Forget the past be happy". And that's what I plan to do.

Thank you all for your support and I will endeavour to keep posting in respect of my weight loss triumphs.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #11  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Good luck to you, Meggie - YOU CAN DO IT!
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote