Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angela -- I can tell you're a child of the 80s with those lyrics!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #32  

Wow, quiet here yesterday! I'm going out of town this weekend and might not check in, but don't be so quiet all weekend, everyone!!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

HI...I am POP!!! It feels so good to see the scales moving down again. Last night hubby had left overs and i was craving a peanut butter sand...so i had it.IT fit into my calories so why not!!!
Water is good again!! All the puffiness is gone!! I feel like me again!! WHY do we give in and eat foods that taste good but only harm us in the long run???

I have already done some floor exercises and used my hand weights.I will not lift today because i weigh in tommorow and found its better to not lift heavy the day before i weigh in.

I am so pumped about getting to the 90lb mark.Im hoping to hit it next week. It has taken me over 4 months to lose the last 10lbs and I will try harder to lose the next 10 faster!! I think everyone does better when its warm and can be outside.I have sweet talked hubby into grilling for me on sunday evening. I cant wait to get to grill again most days it sure makes eating easier.

I am starting seeds in the house this weekend. They should be ready to go in the ground in 6 weeks which puts me right at planting time!! We are doing our garden bigger this year. I am so excited!!!!

Last edited by dgramie; 03-13-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies,

I have been so tired. Allergies + the time change + work + studying + being 48 has done me in this week. I am so looking forward to the return of warmer weather.

Work has gotten very busy this week too. How rude! But it has been good for my mental outlook. I do busy so much better than not busy. Boredom has always been a root of my self-destruction.

Although I know the return of warmer weather is going to make it harder for me to focus on priorities. Exercise is a priority. Studying is a really high priority. But so is outdoor work and working with the horses.

Gotta run for now....

to all and TGIF!!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #35  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey girlfriends...I've been laying low for a few days...quite a lot of vegging in front of the TV. I have to say, when going through a divorce situation as well as helping aging/ailing older parents, it's nice to have a little retreat home where you can stay in you pjs and care for yourself. I've been doing a lot of thoughtful soul work (with Craig Ferguson of the Late Late Show, I'm in love with him!) and journaling and eating healthy and getting some California sun in my backyard. I'm cleaning out closets and thinking about getting some packing boxes to get ready to move. I actually enjoy moving, because I can leave behind all sorts of things I don't want any longer and bring along only things that are meaningful to me.

So, for the last few days I've been playing with my GoWearFit armband. I haven't really exercised or dieted. I just wanted to see how my lazy self would be calorie-wise. I averaged 2800 calories of expenditure daily, and took in an average of 2100 calories daily. Didn't gain or lose in that time. That was puzzling to me, especially in the light of the recent calories-in/calories-out studies.

I went to a source for information, a man who has a PhD in Nutrition and Metabolism (or something like that). He said the devices are really only good for getting one motivated to exercise more. They're not accurate. They have an error range of +- 20%. If I cut 20% of my caloric output from the 2800, that puts me closer to 2200 calories out in a day, and then it makes sense that I haven't lost weight in the last week.

The next few days I'm going to reduce my calories in to 1800. In the past, I've experienced weight loss at this level, and I want to test this device a little more. I'm going to be very strict with my eating, breaking up my meals to five a day. I'm also going to just walk on the treadmill, a nice steady pace, about 2 hours broken up into four 30-minute sessions. I'll get my 10,000 steps in. I'm not going to do any weight training for now. I calculated my lean muscle weight to be around 175 lbs. I can feel hard muscles underneath the fat (I've been weight training for over a year now). I think I can afford to lose a little muscle now.

I like mixing up my diet and exercise every couple of months. I'm trying to break past this silly plateau!

Georgia
Old 03-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies - I'm with Terri completely except the part about being 48 - I thought all the trouble with the time change, work, etc was from being 51. I'm such a morning person and have a hard time dragging out of bed this week. Some part of my brain also says "the time has changed - winter is over". Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature though or else she's just in a mood.

I feel so much better this week having had great workouts - my view on life is different, I have more energy, I like myself better blahblahblah. I'm sure I will jinx myself when I say food challenges have even been better this week. It's one of those weeks when I would like to bottle the ease for the future when the voices from the kitchen start to call.

Georgia - glad you're back home. Interesting comment about the GoFitWear - I was going to buy one and thought it is only good if I use it the way intended. I already tend to overanalyze my whole life and don't need another tool to support the habit. Your outlook on the life changes you're experiencing seems to be mostly comfortable. You are a strong woman!

Lilion - hope your week has been better. Are you planning to WI tomorrow?

Terri - only 6 weeks until the Trolley Run. From the sounds of your walking with the hounds you will leave me in the dust. At least my DH will be behind me bringing up the rear. He doesn't seem to think he can make it 5k. I'm planning to do the Dog n Jog too - I need to find the info on it again.

Heather - like you need to remind us to behave. Have a great weekend.

Barb - ring pics? You are an amazing mom, workout machine, supporter, and one great woman! How's it feel this week to have hit one of the big milestones?

Keep drinking your water, getting your exercise and making great choices.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Quote:
From the sounds of your walking with the hounds you will leave me in the dust.
Carol - You commented about wanting to jog part of it and scared the crap out of me! I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with you so I've been trying to jog up and down the driveway when I take the dogs.

I'm still wanting to do dog 'n jog too.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #38  

Terri - Oh my - what in the world did I say - I can't *@!**% jog. No way!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:38 AM   #39  

Helloooo - anybody out there? Come out come out wherever you are.

Good Morning Peeps - hope you are all having wonderful weekends. We went to Cheeseburger in Paradise last night with friends - I finally made good choices while eating out - see the halo? This is really a problem area for me and we eat out at least once a week - one meal can derail the whole week.

Have you seen the sticky at the top of the page about donating the weight you have lost to a local food bank - I am taking this to heart with need being so great. I'm considering donating my overall loss from the beginning of this journey each month. It won't be easy but nothing worth doing ever is. Seeing TBL a week or so ago and giving back really touched me. What 75 lbs of food every month could do to help others is amazing - I'm so ready for it to be 80 BTW.

One of my special nieces got engaged yesterday and sounds like she is thinking of a fall wedding. I think I will try Debi's approach to shoot for the wedding as a goal time - no pounds involved but more of staying completely focused. The last wedding was 60 days before I started this journey and I was around 340-350. I want to be able to dance my tail off, be comfortable in my heels, have the stamina to help in any way I can - that's the goal - looking good too!

Busy day around here but it will include getting the pups to the park - we all need some fresh air. Dinner is pork tenderloin and sweet potatoe slices on the grill with a nice salad.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #40  

We're moving to a new thread! Please join us!
Closed Thread