3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Weekly Thread #1197 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/164018-300-weekly-thread-1197-a.html)

Heather 02-09-2009 08:09 AM

300+ Weekly Thread #1197

:welcome:

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!

azcyn 02-09-2009 08:29 AM

morning ladies:

Heatherdw: Welcome back lady! yes has been a while. But we all take a break now and then and come back. I would have to agree with Annie on the way ya say your words. I can tell you this from experience. In December of last year, I had hit Depression so hard. Everything I said out of my mouth was negative. To the point I could not stand myself! Or other people around me. I decided no matter what happens I will find something positive. When my cars pulley broke that costed almost $200 to fix, I found something positive in that..atleast it didn't break down on the freeway, it waited til I got home in my driveway. I promise you, if you start talking positive..things will get better. I have seen it!!! It is hard soo hard, but just try it for a while. When you change your thinking and what you say, everything changes. You can do this!!! :)

Debbie54: Did you get rid of your jewerly site???

I am getting of work early tonight because we are having out annual awards ceromony with Sp for our team. Being that I am new, I might not get any awards but heck I am not missing a celebration! It is semi-formal..lol. No I am not getting into a dress but dressing up a bit. We also get to take our partners/hubbies.

Toodles ladies, drink an extra glass of water for me.

keeperofthehome4 02-09-2009 09:02 AM

Not much going on here today but schooling. And boys are fighting like crazy already this morning.Oh oh oh got some great news for years I put myself first even after our first child was born. I was in High School I dropped out to care for her forget me. Well I'm almost done my High School diploma. Me and my husband we're talking last night and he said we putting all the kids in school next year. And I'm gonna take the SAT or Act test and then apply for college. And go for my nursing degree. I've wanted to for many years but I always put the kids first. He said no more I'm gonna do something for me for a change. I'm excitied and know I need to do this. As he is 18 years older then me and if anything happened I want to be able to take care of me and the kids on my own. Still got to work out sometime today. Not sure what else to write.SO will close for now.

Lorrie~ Thanks that is what I'm gonna do gonna prove them wrong and lose the weight.

Annie~ Thanks I knew you ladies would understand here. I LOVE THIS Group:carrot::carrot:

Baz xo 02-09-2009 09:11 AM

Hello ladies. :]

Just a quick post to let you all know that I was very happy with the hard work I have been doing to lose weight. I weighed in today and I have lost 2 lbs which was a big surprise because I had a couple slices of pizza from Domino's at the weekend so I was expecting to retain water and it's also TOM so I was expecting at least a gain of 2 lbs.

So far, I have lost 17 lbs (1st 3 lbs) and I'm only 3 lbs away from my second goal which is to lose 10 lbs!

I want to thank all you lovely ladies for the support given and for keeping me strong on this weight loss journey. I also would like to thank my mam for keeping me grounded! :]

I have some housework to do and I need to rustle up some lunch so I will be back later to reply to personals.

Have a great Monday, all.
Beth

xx

JuliaDH 02-09-2009 09:17 AM

:DGood Morning Ladies:hug:

What is your goal today?

What choices can you make to make your goal move into the success status?

How are you going to celebrate your success?

Lets go Chickies Lets Go:cheer2:

JuliaDH 02-09-2009 09:19 AM

My GOAL today is to stick to my meal plan.
I will choose to read the menu instead of ignoring it.
To reward my self this evening I am going to give myself a pedicure!~

dgramie 02-09-2009 09:28 AM

My goal for today is to not take a bite of extra food. That means no baked chips at snack time..not even 1. I am finding snacktime for the kids my downfall. I will have an orange when they have snacks. I also plan to do the one mile dvd today with the kids.
I am treating myself to a haircut and wax this afternoon.

heather_dw 02-09-2009 12:25 PM

hey guys! Thanks for all the support!

I usually like to weigh in daily to see the numbers. I hadn't been weighing in for like a week because I was "eating badly". I Finally weighed this morning and I was down 1.2 pounds woo! Per Julia's post, my goal today is to STOP with the mindless eating whenever I get up and walk by the kitchen. Instead, I've got my pack of SugarFree gum and my water. Even though I wasn't eating the best the last month or so, I usually got my water in. I know I've seen news stories saying that drinking all that water is not needed but I know that's not true. Whenever I don't drink the water, my weight goes up a bit.

kayleystar 02-09-2009 12:37 PM

Well, I’m down 2.2 lbs this week. I was hoping for a higher loss, as a couple of days ago, it showed me as a lower number. I’m still feeling ill, and am quite ‘stopped up’, if you get my drift, so I’m hoping it’s due to that. But a loss is a loss, and that 2.2 brought me out of the 350’s! :) That means I’ve finally lost all the extra weight that I gained when I lost and gained back a year or so ago. I started this at 350 lbs back in 2005. I lost, and gained, and went up to 380, so this is kind of a milestone for me. :) AND, that brings me to 30 lbs lost, so I’m happy.

Ally – That’s great! Congratulations for going back, and for almost finishing! That’s very exciting. :)

Beth – That’s GREAT! Keep up the amazing work. :)

Julia
– Hmmm…I think my goal for today is pretty much the same as every other day. Just stay on plan, and get exercise in. :)

Heather
- Welcome back, and congrats on your loss!

Debbie54 02-09-2009 12:41 PM

blc

Results are in!!!

DCHound 02-09-2009 12:51 PM

Happy Monday everyone! My goal today is to ride my elliptical bike again. I rode it last night for about 22 minutes and I feel much better today--so I want to try to do that again.

I have been a little down lately because my weight loss has been stalled for several weeks, and I'm so close to making my 100# in 6 months goal. But, this weekend I figured out the cause of the stall--one of my daily vitamins had hidden carbs in it--so I am hoping the scale will start moving again in a couple of days.

If I make that goal, great. If not, that's fine--90-some-odd pounds lost in six months is pretty cool too.

AmmiUK 02-09-2009 04:32 PM

Hello All,

Well I’m back, and hopefully this time I will stay on track. Since I came back earlier this year having gained all bar 21 lbs back of the weight I had lost, those figures have changed to all bar 14 lbs of the weight I lost. So instead of doing any losing, I actually gained 7 more lbs. I’m kind of glad I did because I refuse to gain back ALL of the weight I had lost. Soooo, it’s been a huge kick in the butt, the huge kick I’ve needed. Today I have stuck well within my points range and shock horror, I actually did half an hour of exercising!!!! I bought My Health Coach for the Wii, and used it for the first time today. It is amazing. It was hard work because I haven’t exercised for so long, but I am determined to keep at it. So if I can actually move without pain tomorrow lol I’ll exercise again. It feels good to actually feel in the right frame of mind, I just hope it lasts more than one day. It helps that my daughter, Beth, is doing so fabulously. If she can do it, I don’t want to let her down by not losing weight myself. She’s hoping that when we both get to our goal we can go clothes shopping together and have the fun of swapping clothes because we should be the same size. Sounds fun and is a good incentive.

OK well I just wanted to say I’m back, AGAIN, and I will definitely be posting regularly now.

Hugs,

Ammi :chicken:

Baz xo 02-09-2009 06:35 PM

Urgh, I'm not feeling too good so I think I've got a cold coming on. Joy!

Kayley
Thank you! :]
Well done on losing 2.2 lbs. Keep up the good work! I hope you are feeling much better now.

Mam
I'm happy to see you posting! I hope it wasn't because of my nagging. ;)
You better hurry up with losing weight so I can steal your clothes, hehe. :]

Beth

xx

Debbie54 02-09-2009 07:34 PM

Cyn, yeah I did. It just wasn't going anywhere and I couldn't dedicate the time I needed to, to it plus my clay. My clay is doing pretty good, so need to put more time into it, so away went the jewelry. I still have the earrings and I can send you pics if you want, just let me know.
Have fun at the awards dinner and I hope you get lots of awards for being the newbie!!

Ally, that's great news that hubby sees that you need to put yourself first to make a better, happier you!!! I'm so excited for you to get your nursing degree!!

Beth, you've done so well!! That's great that you've lost 17lbs already. Keep up the good work!

Hi Heather dw, good to see you again. I read your other post, and I gotta say, that's exactly how I'm feeling right now. I hope to get motivated again, but I sure don't know what it's going to take. I'm glad you've got your's kicked into gear and going forward with your weight loss.

DCHound, omg!!! 90 lbs in 6 months is awesome!!!

Ammi, good to see you back too!!

I don't have much to add. Just wanted to stop in and see how it's going for the rest of the chickies. I won't give up on coming here and reading. Hopefully someday it will kick in and get me motivated enough to not be left behind while all you girls get thinnner.
toodles

kayleystar 02-09-2009 08:19 PM

I've been having a really hard time getting in my points/calories these days. I've eaten lunch today, but I'm just not hungry anymore, and I hate the idea of making myself eat, but I do, because I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. I'm supposed to have 43 points a day, and I'm lucky if I get in 20 of those, anymore. Anyone else have that problem?

Ammi – I am SO happy to see you back!!!! Good for you for getting back on track. You can do it! :)

Beth – I’m feeling much better, thanks. :) I sent my cold over to you, apparently. ;) Feel better!!!

Debbie – It’s good to see you posting. Hopefully, that motivation will come soon. :)

AmmiUK 02-09-2009 08:31 PM

Beth - Well of course you'll be at goal before me, so you'll just have to be patient about the clothes pinching thing lol. I'm proud of you for sticking to this diet, you are already looking amazing!

Kayley - hey girl, thanks for the welcome back. What's up with your angels facebook page, not seen any action there in a while. Too busy with your real life unlike me, a facebook addict lol. Well done on your weight loss this week. How's things with you and Andrew, I haven't missed the wedding bells have I?

Debbie - now come on, if I of all people, and you know how I've struggled, can make a go of this again, I have every faith in you too. You will get your much needed kick in the butt, just like I did on the scales today. Until then, just try to maintain where you are so that when you get back on track you won't have to lose more weight than what you need to lose now. Do I have to come and nag you in your AC town, you know I'll do it :lol:

Heather DW - I don't know if you saw my reply to you over on your other post about really wanting to lose weight but just finding it so hard to get motivated. It's great you are back, it's lovely to see a lot of the old faces. See we all have our bad moments, or months, but we always come back here where we know we'll get all the support we need. Come on, you, me, Debbie, let's motivate each other.

OK finally at 1.28 am I am going to sleep now, well maybe after a quick run around on Animal Crossing lol. Take care all, it's so good to be back :)

Hugs,

Ammi :chicken:

gggirls 02-09-2009 08:37 PM

Ammi and Heather_dw it's great to see you back.

Ammi - I don't know if you saw my little soapbox rant from yesterday - basically I want to thank you for all the support you gave me when I first started - you were such a motivation to me. Always supporting me in this weight loss journey. I hope I can do the same for someone sometime.

Debi - thanks for the water thread.

Julia - you are a great cheerleader. Today I stopped to enjoy the sunshine and feel the wind blow through my hair. I did not exercise tonight but in a funny, small way that is a victory to me - not obsessing about it. I thank you too!

By now you know how it goes.......move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol

kayleystar 02-09-2009 11:21 PM

Ammi – I had deleted my Facebook, because of a lot of drama on there. Lol. Such High School stuff, and I thought all my friends were ADULTS. Lol. I created a new one, though, I just didn’t remember your last name, so I couldn’t find you again! No, you haven’t missed those wedding bells. Lol.

Carol – Hope you’re having a great night!

dogpal 02-09-2009 11:34 PM

Happy Monday Night!

Julia: Hugs to you. I love your goal. How did you do?

Kayley: Congrats on the -2.2. Good job eating out too.

Cyn: How was the party? I hope you had fun.

Ally: I'm so glad that you will soon be doing something for you. Wonderful.

Beth: Woo hoo on -2 more. Woo hoo to only 3 more to get to your goal. You are doing so well. I'm very proud of you hon.

Debi: Love that goal. How did you do?

Ammi: My sweet friend. So happy to see you post. Congrats on the exercise too. Way to start right.

Debbie: Hugs

Carol: Hugs to you as well.

Well, I went to Physical therapy today and he showed me some exercises for strengthening those muscles in my side and hips. I am going to go do some.

Blessings all,
Annie

dgramie 02-10-2009 07:14 AM

Annie_ I didnt do perfect yesterday at snack time.I ate a few pretzels before i even realised what i was doing.I did better than i have been doing though.

julia_ the frozen grapes are awesome!! the kids love them also so now i have to share!! lol

Debbie- try to take babysteps back to eating right.You will be glad you did!!

ammi- glad you are doing good again

beth- awesome weight loss!!

kaley - hi sorry you had drama on facebook.

carol_ I love you and please stop sharing your weather with me. We are supost to 60+ mile per hour wind gust tommorow.

Scales are looking better..im just up 1lb from my lowest. I am just trying to make good healthy choices and not stress over it until after the wedding.
I got my hair cut and eyesbrows and lip waxed..MAN that hurts!!
My bangs are a bit blunt but at least i have almost 3 weeks for them to grow.

My goals for today are to think before i eat...ask myself if its good for my body and does my body need it. NOt do i just want it!!! Another goal for today is trying to get the kids to do my dvd...it never happened yesterday.Yesterday was a typical monday with kids.

JuliaDH 02-10-2009 09:17 AM

Good Morning! I am imagining nice warm sun heating up the living room when reality has given cool grey freezing rain skies. So today the imagination rules!

I had a good day yesterday. 1 minor slip up of a handful of choc chips. But I can live with that when I used to eat the whole bag. They would never make it to the batter for baking! So I soaked my feet and pampered myself did not paint as it was to close to bed time and did not want to polish smear on the sheets! Todays goal is to keep on plan for food, and not be so cranky. My poor family really were on the receiving end of some PMS attitude. And yes TOM did come as expected. Back is sore. But still planning on going to the gym this afternoon. Hopefully some stretching will help sooth the pain.

Anyone who wants to contect with me on Facebook just pm me!

Let's go girls and make the choices that will get us to our grand goals. No more messing around in pity parties. One day at a time. Together we can do it!

jillybean720 02-10-2009 09:18 AM

Good morning, all!

My gynecologist appointment on Friday morning was less than pleasing. I was referred to the nurse practitioner at this doctor's office, so I had specifically called and made an appointment with her by name. My appointment was at 9:30am, and I got there a little early knowing I would have all the fun new patient paperwork to fill out.

Well, I had all the forms completed by 9:30, but they didn't call me back until about 9:50. Eh, doc's offices run late all the time--I was okay with it.

So the PA or whatever takes my weight and blood pressure and stuff and says Dr. XX will be seeing you. I interrupted her and said no, I was supposed to be seeing Susan, the NP. She just looked at me and said Susan only works one day a week and wasn't in at all that day. UGH! So, now I'm stuck seeing the one I was NOT referred to. Oh well; I was there, so I figured I'd just get my exam done anyway.

Then they brought me back into a second waiting room! I finally got called and put into an exam room. Again, my appointment was at 9:30. Sitting in the exam room, I hear some nurses outside the door talking, and one says it's 10:25.

Twice while I was waiting, the doctor pooped her head in my room to assure me it would just be "a few more minutes."

At 10:50, the doc FINALLY came in. Needless to say, I was less than thrilled with the wait. She talked to me, I told her about my upcoming surgery, and then she left so I could change. She came back and started a breast exam, and then someone knocked on the door, and she left mid-exam to go take a phone call.

When she came back, the rest of the exam was probably the most uncomfortable and even PAINFUL exam I'd ever had.

I am never going back there.

I was really hoping to have found a good doctor (this one specializes in "high risk" patients) because I plan on getting pregnant about 2 years after my surgery, and birth control post-surgery will be of concern due to malabsoprtion.

I went to a gastric bypass support group last night (I go monthly), and I asked the dietician who runs it if she had any recommendations. She said she would email me a couple. Hopefully, that will pan out, as they will at least be experienced with WLS patients, even if not specifically with the procedure I'm having.

Sorry for the novel--just frustrated and disappointed in the whole encounter. The support group last night was good, though! I go early and meet up with the other DSers for dinner before the meeting, and then we hang around after the meeting for even more chatting. It's a really great group.

CatherineM 02-10-2009 10:50 AM

Good morning everyone. Sorry I'm so hit and miss lately, just trying to keep up with my school work. I've got my big paper for the week done and turned in yesterday because the rest of the week is insane. A big fundraiser dinner tonight, human trafficking commission tomorrow until 7, and then I teach a class on conversion at 8:30. I'm going to the pool today, so that always makes for a good day.

DCHound-another basset lover here. My last one was a rescue dog. A puppy bought to save a marriage, and didn't. I trained him to the point that he was certified as a service animal, and therapy dog. He used to live for going to the pediatric hospital. That took a lot of patience and a lot of dog treats.

Baz xo 02-10-2009 11:32 AM

I hope everyone is having a good day. I'm feeling a little dizzy but I managed to do some exercise with 'My Fitness Coach' that my mam bought for the Wii.

Debbie
Thank you. :]
I'm sorry to hear that you're not motivated enough. I hope you will be motivated real soon!

Kayley
That's good. :]
I think you have sent your cold over to me, hehe. Must be sympathy pain because I tend to catch something from someone. ;)
I think I have the same problem because I'm supposed to have 28 points a day but I can't seem to reach the limit. I'm usually below 20 points and it's because I'm hardly hungry. I think it's the water that keeps me filled up but I don't want to give up water so I could eat more food, if ya know what I mean.

Mam
I don't think I look amazing but thanks anyway. :]
Great workout today, mam!

Annie
Thanks. :]
I hope you enjoyed the physical theraphy.

Debi
Thank you! :]
I would like to say thank you for posting that link. These food are kinda gross!

Beth

xx

kayleystar 02-10-2009 12:12 PM

I had thought that I had gotten rid of this stomach bug, but it seems to be sneaking back, unfortunately. I was hoping to get in a workout today, since I had zero time to get one in yesterday, but we’ll have to see. I’m going to finish up some homework, and see how I feel.

I’m going to have to try and eat something, too. I haven’t eaten since about 5pm yesterday, and it’s already noon, and I’m not even hungry.

Over this weekend, I was visiting some friends, and one had mentioned how she was going to have to file for Bankruptcy. I’m currently in a Bankruptcy Law class, and it’s pretty tough….and I was worried about whether or not the information was sinking in. She was asking me some questions, and I was actually able to help explain some legal terminology, and the process for filing! So, I was really happy that I actually remembered it. Heh.

Annie – Did the exercises help any?

Dgramie – That’s quite something to be proud of! You’re nearing a low, and that’s spectacular!

Julia
– Hopefully you’ll get some sunshine tomorrow. Here in Michigan, we’re having our ‘January thaw’ a little late. All of our snow has FINALLY melted, it’s above freezing, and it’s SUNNY out. Haven’t seen the grass since early December!

Jill – What an awful experience! And quite unprofessional of the doctor to just leave mid-exam to take a phone call. It better have been something damn important! I hope you’re able to get a good referral from someone in your group; and it’s good that you’ve got a good support system in them. :)

Catherine – I definitely feel you on the work. I’m swamped myself. Sounds like you’ve got a lot on your plate, so to speak.

Beth – Definitely! I try and drink 60-100 oz of water everyday, and that’s probably a big factor in why I’m not hungry.

purpleorc 02-10-2009 12:19 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days but I have been under the weather I must have over done it and paid the price for it. I suffer from fatigue and it just wipes you out. Doing one simple task can just sap all the energy you had. You just end up going to sleep and sleeping it off when it is at its height. I get this every so often and it is hard to deal with. In summer they come more frequent due to the heat has the same effect. Though the portable air con unit has been a god send and stops a lot of the fatigue.

A good lot of our snow disappeared yesterday with the deluge of rain we had yesterday. When travelling south to Bognor Regis we saw fields standing in water. There was one field that had seagulls swimming in the standing water. Not the most surreal moment we had but travelling towards us on the opposite carriageway was 2 army tank with an army personnel standing up through the opening you have in the tank at the top of the vehicle. Gosh so weird to see that normally you see tanks being moved on other army vehicles like lorries. We had a great journey down there to Bognor Regis but it did take longer to come back as people were rubber necking at an accident that had occurred now in been brought into the hard shoulder of the motorway.

I went for my treatment today in the oxygen tank it was busy in there today with 5 of us. 4 ladies and 1 gent lucky gent Time went quick today at the session and afterwards as lots of people to chat to so that make time fly.

I had a bit of a bad day yesterday firstly I thought I would try this new ballet move I had learnt alright I own up it was a fall really . I was in the bathroom and stood up from the toilet and fell backwards hitting the toilet cistern right across my back. To say the least that was painful and not a move to be repeated anytime soon.

Then if that was not bad enough I had a freak accident. I was getting into a van and sitting down. In my pocket of my long cardigan was my pill container. Has I sat on the seat of the van I sat on the pill container. Normally it would have sunk into the padding on the van seat and my fat/skin on my base of my back. Though unfortunately I managed to sit on the part of the seat that contains the fasting for the seat belt. This part is flush to the chair and you never have any trouble from it but with sitting on top of that and my pill container at the same time recipe for disaster. It hit my tail bone giving me a shooting pain up my spine and down my right leg. I suspect by my knowledge of your body it was the sciatic nerve that I happened to hit. I have this morning a lovely black bruise and it is still very tender and sore. So both incidents shook me up a bit and recovering today.

I know I will not be able to catch up with everyones posts and answer them all. So I have picked out a few for now till I get up to speed and feeling hunky dory again. Sorry if I miss anyone out it is nothing personal and please forgive me. Right where do I beginning :D

jillybean720 Sorry to hear that your visit to the gynaecologist was a complete nightmare. I hate gynaecological examinations and I know how painful they can be from experience. I have been fortunate the last 2 given by our GP nurses have been painless. It is good to rant about it and let out your feelings your going through a lot right now and it is best you do not bottle up your feelings.

CatherineM When I first started my nurse training my moons ago I was on a health care of the elderly ward for the mentally ill. 99% had dementia of some form of other. The doctor on the ward use to bring her Labrador to work and it worked wonders. It was lovely to see eyes light up of clients and make an complete fuss of him. I think the dog adored it as much as the clients did. So a win win situation all round.

I have a Staffordshire bull terrier and he adores children. He loves to play with them and is wonderful with them. On Saturday a friend had brought his 2 year old daughter to see him and I do not know who was most pleased Jasmine or Rizzie (dog). He is so excited when I take him to my nieces he is in heaven 4 girls to play with who have just as much energy as he has :D

Baz xo We would love to have a wii but saving up for a car at the minute as we are due to change it very shortly. I have had ago on my sisters and that was great fun the doing the activities. Some I can not do but those that do not require lots of movement I am fine with. You will have to let us know how you get on with the fitness coach. I hope your dizziness goes too.

AmmiUK Glad you are coming to post regularly here on this thread. It shows how mindful we all have to be with losing weight that it is so easy to slip back into a old ways so quickly. One good thing is that you have done the weight loss before so know it is possible. It is so nice to see yourself drop into the lower sizes of clothes you have. ( I had lower ones as I had constantly put weight on). It will not be long before you will see the fruits of your labour. Keep up the good work.

Must go as I need to get ready to go out to play cards. So take care and it has been great to drop by and catch up again.

:wave:purpleorc :hug:

Debbie54 02-10-2009 12:35 PM

Debi, That's exactly what I plan on doing, starting with water and cutting out sugar. Thanks for caring!
I hope you have better luck getting the kidlets to do the dvd with you. That's great that you're trying to teach them to be active and healthy and hopefully it will stay with them into their adult years.

Julia, YAY for the good day yesterday and let's hope today will be a great one too! One handful of choc. chips isn't too bad, just stay away from them today!!

jilly, As if gyno exams weren't bad enough, then you have to go thru all that. I'm so sorry those people were so careless with you and your time. :hug:

Hi Catherine, :wave: good to see you!

Beth, thanks, I hope I can get it back too. It's hard, but I'll do it.

kayley, that's great that you had a little quiz with your friend and the lessons have stuck with you. It's too bad she has to file for bankruptcy but sometimes it's needed to get back on track financially.

purpleorc, feel better soon :hug:

As I wrote to Debi, my goals for the day are to get my water in, and cut out sugar. Each day I'll try and add something else in, if not every other day. Gonna go do Wii Fit right now and breakfast. Before I would get up, sit down and play that addicting game of Animal Crossing for a couple of hours. Now I plan on going back to the way I used to do things and get up, get on 3FC for encouragement, and then get on with my day. So thank you ladies for the gentle kick in the rumpus.
toodles
Debbie

heather_dw 02-10-2009 12:43 PM

Good Morning ladies!

I'm down pound or so. Gotta love drinking all that water. I know if I stop drinking water in the future, I'll gain a few pounds right off the bat. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Work is getting stressful. I take calls for one of the flower online ordering places and all the crazies and meanies are calling in for valentine's ugh. The later in the week we get, the more calls I get that will be people yelling at me over prices or availability. Fun.. not...

Yesterday I did pretty well. I was going to fry up some potatoes in a little bit of olive oil but it didn't work out. They turned out all hard and funky. I also managed to cut my finger. The funny thing is that I didn't even do it with the blade of the knife. When I was cutting a potato, the knife came down through the potato funny and the handle end of the knife hit my hand in a weird way. It hit right on the area at the bottom of your nail where the thin skin is and tore it. It bled like ****. Dinner ended up being ruined so hubby took me to Subway. Gotta love Subway! I had a flatbread (not the best choice but I had extra calories left for the day) with the little bag of baked lays and a diet coke.

Today I'm doing well although we're having pasta tonight so I'm skimping on calories today. I had read in my other thread that you typically need betweej 10-13x your weight in calories? that would put me over 3k a day! I always thought I needed to be under 1800 but I'm still trying to keep it low as I can without being hungry all the time. Stupid delicious calories!

DCHound 02-10-2009 01:00 PM

Happy Tuesday everyone!

First I want to report in that I made my little goal yesterday - I rode my recumbent bicycle again last night for a little longer, about 26 minutes. Yay me.

Jilly - your dr. experience sounds awful, ouch.

Catherine M. - wow, so many basset/dog lovers in the 300+ forum! Thank you for rescuing and how wonderful that your baby became a therapy dog. Bassets do seem to have a natural ability to be therapy dogs but it's so challenging for some of them to pass the CGC in order to be certified. I think both of mine would make great therapy dogs except I know they can't pass the requirements because of age/bladder issues (good thing I have hardwood floors and I'm anal about cleaning up after them). They definitely have the personality for it though.

Can I also say you are one of my personal heroes? I actually went back and read through some of your historical posts a while ago and, wow wow wow. You are such an inspiration.

To everyone else: happy Tuesday and hugs to everyone who needs one. I've read all the individual posts but being at work I don't have time to respond to each individually. But yay to the winners (losers!) and hugs to all.

Jacquie668 02-10-2009 03:23 PM

Hallooooooo ladies. :)

Doing much better this week, coming off of the monthly. Washed my hair today, scalp is so much better, but still needs a lot of healing time. I do the washing once a week now and that seems to work for now.

I went on my morning walk yesterday, but not today. I'll go tomorrow morning which I'm happy about. :D I find it a bit weird to be up at the crack of dawn, well before that, but my music makes into something enjoyable! :D Like it is "me" time. Tomorrow I shall add my cardio workout as well and I'll be rocking with that hopefully!

I hope everyone is well. I'm busy with work and other things, cleaning my apartment up and what not as well. I think I've come to the conclusion, and this is from a post another member posted one day, that my life and diet is cluttered so I'm going to do a cleanse of sorts and just get it all organized and "in harmony." :D

*HUGS FOR EVERYONE* :D

P.S. Haha I bought some new lipstick and my lips burned and swelled up. Funny thing was I bought a berry/red lipstick and when I took it off my lips, my lips were like the same color for hours. :D

AmmiUK 02-10-2009 06:41 PM

Hello All,

Well its day two of being on track and all is well. It helps that my DH made a gorgeous chicken and vegetable stew yesterday, which is both filling and low in points.

Carol – no, sorry I didn’t see your little ‘soap box rant’ which thread was it on? Thank you for your very kind words about how I supported you when you first started your weight loss journey. I was happy to do so, and of course to carry on doing so until you get to your goal. Well past that actually as you’ll want support in maintaining. I need support too, and will be happy to have yours; this definitely is a give and take site which is why I love it so much. You are doing so great with your weight loss, how many sizes have you gone down since you first started?

Kayley – what a shame that you had to delete your FB account. It’s amazing isn’t it when you aren’t in high school but still come across supposed adults who act like they are still on the playground! I’m sorry you had to deal with such rubbish. My last name is Spiby so feel free to find and add me to your new FB account. That is unless I find you first lol.

So no wedding bells yet, you still determined to be a slim bride then? Well whenever you are ready to tie the knot I hope I get at least a virtual invite lol.

Annie – my friend, so sorry I’ve not had chance to email you lately. I promise to write ASAP, which hopefully will be tomorrow. I’m glad you went to PT and have some exercises to do for your hip placement. Are they very painful? Talking of pain, that Wii My Health Coach should be called the devil lol, she pushes you and boy do you hurt afterwards. Then right at the end it tells you how many calories you’ve burned and you think WHAT! All that pain and so few calories lol.

Dgramie – I love how you set yourself daily goals, and I’m thrilled that you are just 1 lb up from your lowest weight. You must be thrilled about that.

I love the sound of your hair cut; do we get to see a photo? As for the lip and eyebrow waxing, I hear you on the pain. I was on IV steroids a few years ago and they made me very hairy. I had hair from the top of my lip, my chin, and a small amount from my cheeks waxed. Ouchies! And I had to get the bus home with my lovely red sore face. Oh well it was worth it. I’m way behind on the news, so forgive me asking, but whose wedding are you going to in 3 weeks?

JuliaDH – good for you for only eating a handful of those choc chips. I bet it would have been way too easy to have eaten the lot. You definitely deserved the pampering you gave yourself.

I love what you wrote “Let's go girls and make the choices that will get us to our grand goals. No more messing around in pity parties. One day at a time. Together we can do it!” That’s so perfect, I think I’m going to make a sticker with it on and put it on my fridge.

I’d love to add you to my FaceBook. I’ll PM you my details.

Jill – what made you decide to go for WLS? I know it must have been a hard decision to make. Do you have a date for it yet? I really hope that having it done won’t cause any problems for you when you are ready to try for children. Let’s hope you’ll have good results from the tests you had especially as they were so painful.

Catherine – hi, it seems that you are as busy as ever, are you ever going to take a rest!! How did the sales of your book go? Did you have book signings etc, or is that only for famous people??

Beth – I wish we had a bigger living room, then we could exercise together, that would be fun. You did great today, I wonder if we’ll both be aching tomorrow lol.

Purpleorc – Ouchies, your lovely ballet move AKA your fall onto the toilet cistern, and then your accident with sitting on the pill bottle when you got in your car, you must be very sore. I hope your bruise will be gone soon, and the pain you have too.

I don’t suffer with fatigue as you explain it, but I do feel tired all the time because of the meds I have to take for my skin disease. That’s what makes exercising so hard. I’d much rather be in bed. But I’ve really fought the sleep urge and have made sure I have done my 30 minutes of exercise. If I sleep every other minute than those 30 I’ll be happy lol.

Oh yeah you are right, it does help to know that I’ve lost the weight before so I can do it again, but on the other hand it just makes me so angry at myself that I was stupid enough to put the weight back on after working so hard to lose it. Still, that makes me more determined to lose it and NOT put it back on ever again!

Debbie – good on you for resisting the AC urge and getting back to coming to 3FC for your encouragement and then carry on with your day, which I do hope has a little AC in it. I enjoyed our visit the other week and can’t wait to do it again. How’s your town looking now? I paid enough into the town fund to get a bridge and it’s supposedly being built now lol.

Heather DW – hi. Sorry you hurt your finger and that your nice home planned meal ended up ruined. Nice that you got to eat at Subway though. I love their food, my fave sub is the Subway Melt, but it’s naughty, so if I go now I’ll just have to have the normal Subway Club. I watched the Biggest Loser a year or so ago and they said that when you go to Subway you should ask them to pull all the bread out of the sub. That might be good for you, but that’s just nuts, you’ll be paying so much for the shell of a sub, not for me LOL.

DCHound – well done on spending a bit longer on your recumbent bike. I’d love a bike like that, but I just don’t have room for it. I kind of got the next best thing with the hand/foot cycle.

Jacquie – well how’s that for a bargain lipstick, a little pain and swelling, but you have the shade for a lot longer lol. Seriously, I’m sorry you had a reaction to the lipstick; I hope your lips are back to normal now.

Well you’ll be pleased to know that the time I have spent on this was the time I normally spend on FaceBook, sooooo, the addiction is abating lol. It’s time to go visit over there now that I’ve caught up here. So take care all and I’ll be back tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi :crazy:

kayleystar 02-10-2009 08:18 PM

We had a BEAUTIFUL day here in Michigan, today. It got all the way up to 60! I wasn’t feeling the best, but I just had to get outside, and I got in a quick, but sweaty walk. :) It's supposed to be decent tomorrow as well, and probably will be the last time before the snow comes back.

I finished up all my homework, so I’m actually caught up for once, and now I’m just watching The Biggest Loser.

I'm still not getting in my cals/points for the day. I just don't like to overeat, but I need to learn to eat more in the mornings. I got in 33 out of my 43 for the day, though, so it's better than it has been lately. :)

Purpleorc – Oh wow! I hope you rest up, and are back in tip-top shape soon!

Debbie – Good for you for getting back into the habit. This place is amazing for giving that little ‘kick in the pants’ that we all need sometimes.

Heather – Sorry that you had such a disaster while making dinner last night. Thank goodness for Subway! I love that place. :) I’ve never had the flatbread before, I always get the exact same thing. Lol. What days are your weigh-in days?

DCHound – I applaud you for getting up on the bike! My boy has a recumbent bike that he loves, but I just can’t stay focused on those things! You are SO close to your goal!!! YOU CAN DO IT! :D

Jacquie – I’m glad to hear that your scalp is much better. What an odd reaction to the lipstick, though.

Ammi – What does your profile picture look like? I looked you up, and found 3 people with your name. If you find me, there seem to be two profiles with my picture. It’s the one with my hair down. :)

gggirls 02-10-2009 09:20 PM

Hi Peeps - I took great care of ME today - I had a wonderful OP day, got all my water in (never a problem) and spent a wonderful hour of sweating with my trainer. I'm liking this taking care of ME thing. I even fixed one of my favorite dinners - a double bonus.

Nice to see so much positive weight loss energy here today - thank you - each and every one of you.

princesspuffypants 02-11-2009 04:13 AM

jacquie - what shampoo did you decide on?

ammi - *BIG HUGS* its so good to see you

hello to everyone else. im here. ive just been so busy working on transfering schools. *blah*

Jacquie668 02-11-2009 05:32 AM

Ammi - Yeah I was lucky as my lips and skin surrounding lips returned to normal just after two or three hours. It wasn't too bad of a reaction compared to others. :D But it just makes me more wary over other brands and what not. :o

kayley - Agreed. I never know how I'm going to react to something or what is going to happen. I mean I remember I got this great lotion once and it smelled so nice. I put it all over my face and my face reacted with burning, swollen, splotches for three days lol. Hahahah my guy goes "why the **** would you not just put it on your wrist or something first?!" I said "I wanted to smell like coconuts." hahhahahah...I'm a dork sometimes as you can tell. No coconuts for me! I think at some point I'm going to go to an allergist and see what is going on there.

princess - I couldn't remember what shampoo link you sent me and for the life of me couldn't not find it again. I am ordering soap nuts to try that, currently I've been doing a weekly wash with TGEL, no-fragrance, shampoo and a conditioner with just essential oils. It is "okay," but I've noticed my scalp peels a bit in those spots after I wash. Currently still a bit baldy on top of my head, but it looks okay. If I look at my scalp under brighter lights you can really see the thinning, but normal lights my hair is looking okay. I've also been putting tea tree oil, dabbing it on with a cotton swab, on areas that are more raw than others. That seems to not only calm the itch, but it seems to be healing things up a bit. Of course this could be all in my imagination. :D

I feel like I've gained weight, even though I'm not sure if I have. I decided to break my rule and weigh myself before I was sure I was done with TOM and I weighed 282. The next day I weighed 284 and today I'm not even stepping on the scale. I think I'll weigh myself next week and see where I'm at. Before TOM I was at 278, but my eating hasn't been that great so I might have gained.

I'm back on my plan today. I slipped a bit and started eating foods that were not so great. Today I'm having a green smoothie for breakfast, one for lunch, and a salad for dinner. If I want a snack I can always have a pear or something. I'm also going to write down everything I eat today and start a food journal. Going to put how I feel when I eat those foods and see if anything comes up in terms of allergies. I think it is time to get organized personally.

I feel like I'm still stuck at this weight, but I think before when I just "lost" weight I was very relaxed about things. I think now it is time for me to become more responsible and really merge into my lifestyle changes because from here on out it is going to be a workout to get this weight off. The smaller I get, the more difficult things will become. So, I recognize the fact that if I start now, I'll be ready to face new obstacles down the road. I know we are always changing things up and editing our diets to fit our needs. Time I start doing that too.

I hope everyone is good today! :D :hug::carrot::hug:

purpleorc 02-11-2009 08:43 AM

Hi fellow chicks

My intentions was to come on here this morning but time ran away with me and the weekly grocery shop called. Well at least the grocery shopping is done now and I can rest up for a few hours to recharge those batteries.

Nice to get out last night and play cards after a few weeks of not playing due to the weather. We went to our furtherest one away from our home last night to play to a village near Melton Mowbray. (the famous home of the pork pie) I did no good but my DH managed to win a small amount of money for the most 6's scored in 24 hands. The lady whom we bring to the whist drive she won a raffle prize of £3.00 which is about $6.00. Seeing as we do not pay very much to get in the money and prizes are very good.

Not feeling so bad today after the fall I think I would be more achy for a few days but it seems to be easing which I am grateful for

Jacquie668 Trying to find what foods do not suit you is like walking a mine field at times and it is trial and error. Plus like you are doing documenting what you have eaten so you can narrow down the culprit or culprits. The trouble here to have an allergy test for the most know allergens it is very expensive unless you can persuade you doctor to go down that route. Hope you find out what is troubling you soon. I know what it is like with having an ulcer finding out what foods I can eat and what I can't has been an experience not to be repeated anytime soon :D

AmmiUK It is hard trying to deal with physical diseases and there challenges they bring on a daily basis. It is another obstacle we have to overcome in our road to weight loss.

I know you must feel angry at putting on the weight again that is only natural. The one positive thing from this experience that you can take from this is you know what triggers and pitfalls lead you down the slippery slope. So this time round you can be more mindful at avoiding them and finding new strategies to cope to prevent the same thing happening.

Debbie54On the mend now thankyou.

I hope other posters on this thread are well and on track. Till next time take care

:wave:purpleorc :hug:

jillybean720 02-11-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmmiUK (Post 2606403)
Jill – what made you decide to go for WLS? I know it must have been a hard decision to make. Do you have a date for it yet? I really hope that having it done won’t cause any problems for you when you are ready to try for children. Let’s hope you’ll have good results from the tests you had especially as they were so painful.

Ammi, first, it is so great to "see" you here! :hug:

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last May at age 25, which was what really pushed me to look into WLS. After many many hours of research, I found that the DS (duodenal switch) has shown up to a 98.9% chance of curing type 2 diabetes, so that's what I'm getting on March 19 (I have other reasons for chosing this particular procedure, but I won't bore everyone with the novel version!)! I've been researching, talking to other patients, and working toward this since about June/July. Studies have shown that the majority of post-WLS pregnancies are safer and healthier than carrying a baby while morbidly obese and diabetic, so the surgery should improve my chances of a healthy pregnancy as well.

heh, the "tests" I had last week were just a regular exam with pap smear! Nothing special, just painful!

dgramie 02-11-2009 10:08 AM

Ammi_ my oldest daughter is getting married! She just graduated from college in dec( will get to walk the line in may). She has dated the same guy since a month into college(4 1/2 yrs) and is so in love!! My son got married on new years eve 07. I decided at the wedding that i didnt want to be that heavy when my daughters married. I was 306 at my sons wedding. YOu will also need to know my fsil is on crutches from a bad fall and broken foot. LIfe is never dull around here!!

I am feeling a bit under the weather. My sinuses are driving me nuts!!

Today I will drink all my water even though it doesnt taste as good as normal.I will make myself eat 3 meals today, when i feel bad i dont eat right. I will not snack when the kids do unless its an orange. I need the vitamin C!!

kayleystar 02-11-2009 12:50 PM

Just popping in here quickly this morning. I hopped on the scale this morning, and it's showing me up. I know there's daily fluctuations, but I think that I'm just not getting in my points, and my body is making up for it, by holding onto that extra weight. Heh. Today, I vow to get at least 40 of my 43 points! :D

Debbie54 02-11-2009 12:56 PM

Just wanted to drop in and tell every one "Good Morning!!"

The snow is gone for a while, I hope, and it's sunny out so it's time to get some things done around here. I did pretty well last night but did have a few slip ups. I got 3 liters of water in though which I haven't done in a long time and even did 20 minutes on the Wii Fit. I KNOW I can do better so I'm going to work on that really hard to get back to where I'm in control instead of my fattening little brain.

Hope everyone has a great day!
toodles