3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Your VICTORY of the Day! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/159746-your-victory-day.html)

NoLifeWithoutHorses 01-05-2009 09:36 PM

Hey. There are some monumental victories here! Once again, the lid was off the jar, but no choc for me. I was at work for over 12 hours today, dealing with the stress of year end, so having it right there, so close, so easy to "just have one" is more temptation than I like. But still not even one M&M.

Heather 01-05-2009 11:59 PM

Val-- That M&M jar is now your victory jar!!! You can celebrate every day you don't eat any!

O2Bthin 01-06-2009 07:20 PM

Val - Congratulations on taming the M & M temptation. Each day is a victory for the next day.

My victory today is getting up at 5:00 again and exercising. That is 2 days in a row and my body is screaming at me. The pain means I'll be gaining muscle as I continue to exercise.

Lilion 01-07-2009 09:11 AM

Yesterday's victory wasn't all that impressive maybe, except to me. A friend here at work got a belated Xmas gift, a HUGE box of truffles. She doesn't like chocolate so she was taking the box around and letting people sign on the card that told what types there were, and she was going to give them to the people who picked their favorite flavors. One left was dark chocolate almond - my FAVORITE! When asked what ones I'd like, I said, "None, thanks anyway." :D

Maybe that victory was superseded by my eating a BIG brownie at the dinner I had to go to later that night:shrug:, but I was still pretty proud of myself for turning down my favorite candy!

Val-If it helps you with those M&M's-I was told at WW that you have to walk the length of a football field to burn off the calories in ONE regular M&M! WTG!

O2Bthin 01-07-2009 01:26 PM

Lilion - Yes, it was a victory inspite of the brownie. You will continue to have these victories because each time it will be easier to say no. For we chocoholics it is hard to turn it down, but WE CAN DO IT!

My victory today is just staying on plan. I've been only doing WW for 2 weeks, but I already feel better and feel like I have more energy. That alone is a victory to me.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Kathy

SW: 244.6
CW: 241.4
GW: 239.6 (Ultimate GW 140)

DCHound 01-09-2009 12:01 PM

Very cool little victory today ~ I am wearing, for the first time since Fall 2003, an extremely awesome pair of plaid pants. They are marked size 22 but they are a very large 22, because I am a 24.

I have them safety-pinned because the last time I tried to wear them I popped the button off (at the time, they were way too tight so I didn't go out in them, but it was too late for that poor button). (Being OCD, I still have that button in my jewelry box and I'm going to sew it back on tonight! Didn't have time to this morning.) I tried them on in early December and they were still too small. But they fit great today!

These pants are so cute they deserved cute shoes. So I actually decided to voluntarily wear dress shoes to work today instead of tennis shoes. This is the first time I've *ever* voluntarily worn dress shoes to this particular job. (So maybe that's two small victories.) And to think I used to be a clothes horse way back when I wore a 20, then an 18, then a 16 for a long time.

So hurrah for my size 22 plaid pants, and dress shoes. BTW I was a size 30/32 until the middle of September...

KristasMom 01-09-2009 01:36 PM

Yeah, - the pants one is the best!

Just wait - the pants that I was so proud to not have a muffin top in at the beginning of November are now that pants that I'm afraid will fall off when I walk down a hall. Gotta take 'em to a tailor, cause they're good wool.

O2Bthin 01-09-2009 03:58 PM

DC Hound - Congratulations on your victory of the "pants"! YEAH!!

My victory was also two fold. I once again did not eat the bananna bread that was still at work. I love bananna bread but I refuse to go off plan.

My 2nd victory - everyone in the office were going to go out for lunch. I was going to go, but was concerned that I wouldn't stay on plan so I did not go. Another reason I didn't go was my husband, who is also doing WW, agreed we would not go out to eat until my birthday next month. (We go out to eat on our Bdays.) This is also to help save money.

Now that I think of it I have a 3rd victory. We use to go out to McDs almost 2 - 3 times a week. We have been not even done that for over 2 weeks. Not only does it help the weight loss, it helps the cholesterol.

Keep up the good job everyone!

Kathy

dgramie 01-09-2009 09:35 PM

I should have posted this NSV yesterday but i wasnt thinking of it like that. I was able to decrease my blood pressure med again.I am now on 1/5 the dose I was on last jan.

mariamherrera 01-10-2009 12:37 AM

today my victory was the fact that it's my first official month of being on my new healthy eating plan- and i took my progress pics I will be taking them the 9th of every month to see the differences! and I see a difference! It's rocks! my rings are becoming loose on my fingers and my pants are getting looser and when I look at the pic of myself last month compared to this month there is a definite noticeable change! YAY! 15 lbs in the first month :)

wickky 01-10-2009 01:37 AM

A very "bittersweet" victory

Today I had a horrible eating day. and I do mean horrible. :-(
IHOP for breakfast, Taco Bell for lunch. Domino's Pizza for dinner. It knew it would be bad.

Every day, I account for EVERY SINGLE MORSEL for food or drink that goes into my mouth. It keeps my accountable and keeps me on track with wonderful results.
To ENSURE my accountability, here it is in all it's ugliness:
Breakfast
1 Tbsp Butter 107.6 Cal
2.75 Cups EGG BEATERS Egg Substitute 330.0 Cal
20 Fl Ozs Hot Chocolate, made with Whole Milk 545.5 Cal
4 Tbsps Whipped Cream Topping, Pressurized 38.6 Cal
2 Slices White Bread, Toasted 134.8 Cal
Total 1156.5 CalAM Snack
1 Item Orange 61.6 Cal
Total 61.6 Cal
Lunch
1 Serving TACO BELL Nachos 3 20.0 Cal
2 Items TACO BELL TACO SUPREME 520.0 Cal
Total 840.0 Cal
PM Snack
1 Item KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES TREATS Squares Cereal Bar 90.0 Cal
Total 90.0 Cal
Dinner
0.37 Item DOMINO'S Crunchy Thin Crust America's Favorite Pizza, 14 inch 823.7 Cal
12 Fl Ozs PEPSI Regular Cola Soda 150.0 Cal
Total 973.7 Cal
Late Snack
1 Item HUNT'S Fat Free Chocolate Snack Pack Pudding 85.7 Cal

Total 85.7 Cal
Total for all meals 3207
Totaol Calories burned today 2488
Surplus calories 719

In the past, I would let a day like today throw me off track. I would not write it down, I would not mention it in my food diary, and worse of all, I would let it lead me in a downward spiral of going off plan.

EXCEPT FOR TONIGHT. I logged every single horrible bite in my BodyBugg program. I have also drank alot of water and sat down and planned out tomorrw's menu.

For me, this is a victory. A victory over normally self-defeating behavior.

Embarrassed? YOu bet
Disappointed? You bet
Discouraged? Yuppers

Going off track again tomorrow (as usual) ? NO WAY!
Go me ! :broc:

mariamherrera 01-10-2009 02:43 AM

good girl wikky! You'll do much better tomorrow!

5aday 01-10-2009 07:39 AM

wikky-

Thank you for sharing because what you experienced is so real in my life. It is not the one day every blue moon that kills us but it is allowing one day to turn into two weeks or two months or two years. I believe it is really powerful to write it all down- the good the bad and the ugly. And to learn from it so that next time I have a contingency plan for days when there is not enough time or good choices are hard to find. So congrats on owning it and move forward with your plan.

O2Bthin 01-10-2009 11:41 AM

Mariam - Congratulations on your 1 month victory of 15lbs lost. Keep up the good work.

Wikky - I applaude you for writing down all you ate even if it wasn't on your plan. That is a step to victory and will help you to keep focus.

When I started WW the first time I only wrote down my meals and not if I tasted something or had 1 chip, etc. This time I am writing everything down.

My victory today - I made homemade brownies with chocolate chips in for my kids and did not even taste the batter. Believe me, I love chocolate, but I didn't do it!!!

Keep up the good work and have a great day!

Kathy

Baz xo 01-10-2009 01:20 PM

I exercised for half an hour even though I am feeling rough due to headaches and side effects of anti-depressants.

:D