Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #1  
Buzzing toward victory!

S/C/G: 328/294/145

Height: 5'1"

Default NewBEE In Town!

Hi All!

It always hard to introduce yourself, so I guess the best way is to jump right on in.

My name is M'Chelle, and I'm fat. There, I said it (sounds like an AA meeting or something, doesn't it). I know it sounds silly to start out that way, but I feel like the only way I'm going to finally beat this is to come right out and say it. No more hiding or beating around bushes anymore. It doesn't help and I live in N. Texas, so the bushes around here aren't big enough for me to hide behind anyway.

I reached my heaviest weight back in March right before my brother's wedding. I weighed in at 328 lbs. That's a hefty chunk of change to put on my 5'1" frame, and seeing myself in those pictures was beyond depressing. So at the beginning of April I started riding my stationary bike 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. I pretty much got that under control, but I still hadn't done much about the main thing...what I put in my face! So I was peddling to oblivion but wasn't losing anything because I didn't control much what I ate.

The kicker came about a month ago. My mother was diagnosed with diabetes. I guess you could say that is the turning point. My mom is my best friend, so for her to face limiting and/or cutting out the things she loves all by herself is not an option. We are a package deal, and she is my inspiration. If she can do it, I can do it. I knew that if I didn't change the way I was eating I was going to be heading down that same highway. So I drastically started limiting my carbs and actually started WATCHING what I was putting in my mouth. And finally the weight started budging in the right direction.

Anyway, that's my novel. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I hope all of you have a blessed day!

Hugs,

M'Chelle aka Bumblebee

P.S. All of the scientists say that the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly. It's wings are too small for it's body. But God didn't tell the bumblebee that he couldn't fly, so it goes and does it anyway.
Bumblebee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

The good news is that you've figured out already what some people take a while to learn - what you eat is the most important thing. Sometimes exercise can even make us hungrier and eat more, although it will make us more fit. Just something to be aware of as you continue to modify your diet. Good luck, and come join in one one of the weekly threads.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

M'chelle == Love the line about the bumblebee, and I promise it's true about weight loss too. You CAN do it!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/197/140

Height: 5'7

that's a good quote girl and good luck in your loss i hope you get were you want to be don't give up even if you mess up some times you can always start over there's no law about that.
leggsmalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #5  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Default Glad to have ya!

Welcome M'Chelle!

I'll tell you what I tell everyone starting out. TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE of this website. It is so helpful and everyone is super supportive. Even though the 3FC members are scattered all around the world, we all come together to support one another, offer advice, share stories, and inspire. So don't be a stranger!

I just started out again and today was my first week's weigh-in. I lost 4 pounds and I'm very excited because that means I get to move my ticker!
Just motivates me to work even harder this week, like a fresh new week with nothing but potential.

Keep posting!
Jess8 is offline   Reply With Quote