Old 04-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'11"

Default Determination

I've noticed myself getting a little frustrated with my progress and letting a bad day bring me down, and I don't think I'm alone in this, so if it's ok, I'd like to start this determination thread. When you're having a bad day, you can come here and just say so -- say whatever you want -- as long as it ends with something along the lines of "But I won't give up." So go ahead, admit the bad times and reinforce your determination! We CAN do it!
TheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #2  

I had a bad day yesterday. It sucked and I ate too much and too much bad food while not exercising. But I'm not going to let today be a bad day -- I'm not going to quit!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #3  

This is going to be a bad day. I'm cranky and tired and hungry and just want to eat cheese and then go to sleep. I've already eaten many of my daily calories, and it's just not doing it for me. Grrrrrrr. But I won't give up. I'll fight my hardest not to give in to my current circumstances.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:12 PM   #4  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Determination is PERFECT! It definitely takes that when you're working on changing your life. And I think we've all been there. I know I was just going through a bit of a struggle myself. I'm not sure what clicked earlier this week, but it just did and I got back up on that horse and put myself back on that wagon.

My "tip" for busting through those moments has been first off... Coming here and reading through some of the more inspirational threads (goals and photos is always good for that). I'm also quite active in the forum for my particular diet plan. It's extremely comforting and motivational to read about people going through some of the exact same things I am.

Try to keep your chin up. It will get better. And remember... Food isn't the answer! Try to find a replacement for those overwhelming food moments. Read. Write. Workout. Whatever you can do to take your mind off of it!
angierue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:26 PM   #5  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

I've been having a crummy month so far... haven't even set exercise goals or managed to do anything meaningful on weight loss.

But I don't want to give up. I'm 41 and I'd like to live to be 51. There are a lot of things I'd like to do before I die, so I want to put my health first.

Tomorrow I want to get up and do the right things all day. I know eating will be a challenge in the evening, but if I plan right, I can make it work. I looked up my favorite (skinny mocha) Starbucks drink so I can count it into my calorie count tomorrow, and I'm going to DO THE RIGHT THING.

Thanks for starting this thread!
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #6  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Default You said it!

I'm new here, and a little determination is exactly what I need. It's always been my pattern to have a bad day that turns into a bad week, into a bad month, and before you know it, I'm totally off track and back to where I started from (if not worse!)

The key really must be to pick up the pieces after that bad day. Probably the difference between success and (another) failure!

Thanks, I already feel better after one day on the site.

P.S. I have a ticker from the ticker factory, but I can't figure out how to get it on here. Can anyone help?
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #7  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Default Never mind about the ticker

I just found the directions for that.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #8  

I had a bad food day yesterday. For some reason, I'm happy to get moving and get some exercise in (although I hate being stuck in a stuffy exercise room for it) but I have real trouble watching what I eat. Last night we went out for Mexican food, and I didn't realize the effect some of what I was eating would have on my calorie count until I got home and added it in. Oops. But I'll do better today and won't give in!

Last edited by TheWalrus; 04-25-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #9  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

I'm having a hungry day. I could eat everything in sight. I could blame it on TOM, but I'm 2 days in and it doesn't usually affect me this way. I've had a good breakfast, and my morning snack. I'm just killing time until I can have my lunch now (although I'll have it early so I can do my weights earlier in the afternoon). I want to bake as well (this is not a good thing to do on a high hunger day), so I'll probably end up working my afternoon snack around a bit so I can taste a piece of what I'm baking.

I'll survive, but I'm not usually this hungry at this time of day.

Last edited by RealCdn; 04-25-2008 at 12:11 PM.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote