Old 03-31-2008, 09:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/260/180

Height: 6'0

Default Im new to!

put up a a introduction in the appropriate thread up and stickyed

but like to jump down and say hello to everyone and make another commitment to sticking to shedding the lbs
Smagash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:28 PM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I popped over and looked at your intro. The moving/walking is a great thing. I'm assuming that maybe you're in school as you mention having little control over what you're eating. Two meals a day is going to be very tough when losing weight. I'm on the extreme end of the spectrum (eating 6 times), but you really should try for three or four. Hunger might make it really hard to keep your portions down.

Having said all that - good luck! It's great that you're doing this at your age. Best of luck.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #3  

Welcome!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the group!!!!!!!!!!!!
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

welcome ... and be sure to drink lots of water while trying to loose.
debi
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/260/180

Height: 6'0

hey thanks for the warm welcome

so i guess this post ill be a little more constructive:

all of 4 days in, today was the first day i started making excuses and i didnt like to do it, in fact as i am typing this now i am tempted to go walk but i convinced myself it is to late to do so.

i don't want to say this excuse is benign, because i realize that it if i have to convince myself it is okay to do this then it is the wrong thing.

o right what i did, these 3 days prior i had gotten my 5 miles out no problem, today i only did 3. why i did this is because i convinced myself that when i had gotten to 22k steps on the pedometer for today, that i had done enough and stopped.

i guess the general question here is what can i do to stick to my plan and when i find myself making these excuses to fall short of my goals ( when i could have met them), what can i be doing to make sure that i dont second guess my efforts, which is what it amounts to.
Smagash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:14 AM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Smag - Welcome! Are you "falling short" because you set your initial distance goal too high or is it just a motivational thing? Walking is a GREAT way to start out... That's what I did too.

Sadly I don't have any great tips. I didn't enjoy exercise that much at first either... the first few months are kinda rough but you do get used to it if you keep at it. I forced myself to do something daily so I didn't have a chance to argue with myself about it.

Do you have a place you like to go that you can walk to? That might help you get the extra steps in. I know a destination often helped me.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote